The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some guidance

James Beattie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 14, 2015
I'm leaving school here next month after my A levels. I have been offered a place in Price Waterhouse Cooper to deal in transaction services and am meant to start on the 7th September. I kind of hate myself for going here as I feel as if it's against what I want to do. I want to go out and build something from the bottom but I believe starting here will give me some experience working with larger companies and clients as well as developing some great business skills. I currently do as much freelance design work as I can and am making much more than what what my friends in part time jobs do. When I join PWC I want to continue on with the freelance work and grow my business through a blog and sell ebooks as well as sell some of my designs as templates to generate a more passive income. Do you guys think that this is a good option?

I have crazy work ethic and love learning, I'm currently trying to read as many books and business articles as possible to develop my knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cynthia Nataline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 17, 2015
Indonesia
What do you really want to do? So, what you want to achieve is making a good living with your blog, which eventually enable you to stop working for PWC? Let's be clear about your goal first. :)

John Sullivan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 19, 2015
I'm leaving school here next month after my A levels. I have been offered a place in Price Waterhouse Cooper to deal in transaction services and am meant to start on the 7th September. I kind of hate myself for going here as I feel as if it's against what I want to do. I want to go out and build something from the bottom but I believe starting here will give me some experience working with larger companies and clients as well as developing some great business skills. I currently do as much freelance design work as I can and am making much more than what what my friends in part time jobs do. When I join PWC I want to continue on with the freelance work and grow my business through a blog and sell ebooks as well as sell some of my designs as templates to generate a more passive income. Do you guys think that this is a good option?

I have crazy work ethic and love learning, I'm currently trying to read as many books and business articles as possible to develop my knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
James

I would definitely recommend that you focus on one at a time. Take the job at PwC and focus on your results at that job. You can certainly work on your business on the side, but it's inconceivable to do both of these jobs at a high level at the same time. Once you feel like you have some some solid experience (and some savings) under your belt, dedicate your focus to other businesses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.