The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help with small steps towards your goals

Anything related to matters of the mind

richardm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
May 19, 2015
I just wanted to get others' thoughts on taking baby steps towards your goal, especially if your goal is huge and will take years to accomplish. I am like most people, and of course I wish I could have my dream now and it seems so far away. Now I am not asking for how to take small steps, because I am already working very hard on my dream and I do that already. And I love what I am working on more than anything, but let's be honest: it's still hard work and easy to procrastinate doing. So I want to know how others genuinely feel good about, and look forward to taking small steps. If you have some insight into this please share, thanks!

Richard

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.
Winston Churchill

The Bamboo
The growth of the Bamboo requires nurturing – water, fertile soil, sunshine.

In its first year, we see no visible signs of activity.

In the second year no growth above the soil.

The third, the fourth, still nothing.

Our patience is tested and we begin to wonder if our efforts (caring, water, etc.) will ever be rewarded.

Finally in the fifth year – a miracle! We experience growth. HUGE GROWTH! The Bamboo Tree grows 80 feet in just six weeks!

40810114f1bf73fbba640f72fb0b5dab.jpg

SSimz

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 21, 2015
Canada
Hey Richard, I would suggest breaking your long term goal into many manageable smaller goals; once you have completed one of these smaller goals, reward yourself for a job well done. Keep repeating the process and before you know it you will arrive at your destination. Hope this helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.