The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
A friend of mine created a fb page app. I have tested it and personally love it. I got a few hundred views on the current page it is not converting at all. (Has multiple paying monthly customers already) I believe its a very powerful and awesome product. He is in the process of making a new video and creating a sales page and press release on my request. I want to promote it I have a few places in mind but definitely not if its not converting... :( any advice? Id like to share my link but I don't want to violate any rules so pm me or if an admin gives the ok ill share here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A friend of mine created a fb page app. I have tested it and personally love it. I got a few hundred views on the current page it is not converting at all. (Has multiple paying monthly customers already) I believe its a very powerful and awesome product. He is in the process of making a new video and creating a sales page and press release on my request. I want to promote it I have a few places in mind but definitely not if its not converting... :( any advice? Id like to share my link but I don't want to violate any rules so pm me or if an admin gives the ok ill share here.
If not conversions, what is it about it that you love?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
It's the app itself. Im trying to help the creator. If I put some $ in my pocket promoting it awesome. But I tested the app out myself. Its a good program. I wouldn't bother if it was just some other new product...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Its an aggrigator. It collects viral content and you can select what you want to post and when. It take hours of searching manually for content and turns it into seconds

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Why would the end USER want to use it though?
The main reason I'd want to aggregate content is if it eventually lead to more $ in my own pocket.
Otherwise it's pointless.

You need to find the actual value it brings other than "It's a friend's and it's pretty cool"

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Its an aggrigator. It collects viral content and you can select what you want to post and when. It take hours of searching manually for content and turns it into seconds
Spam?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Its not a fb page... yet just created a page for the app and he has one with the name I'm promoting a one page affiliate link atm I think that's the major problem end user is someone who wants to get a big following providing info/vira
Content to thier page not just anyone who has a page... someone already monetizing fb

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
You asked me what I liked and I tell you and you ? Spam.... really?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
@DennisDuty I can show you the sales video if you want to critique it for me

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Right off the bat scanning heyo I noticed screaming out at me he isn't capturing any contact info for anyone who views. Thats huge and totally overlooked (tho not unknown by me) will mention it to him. I think the product rocks the marketing needs improvement :(
How do I tell if its the marketing or the product or if I am just in the wrong target demo?

Last edited:

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Right off the bat scanning heyo I noticed screaming out at me he isn't capturing any contact info for anyone who views. Thats huge and totally overlooked (tho not unknown by me) will mention it to him. I think the product rocks the marketing totally blows :(
How do I tell if its the marketing or the product or if I am just in the wrong target demo?

Marketing: you can only really tell of its quality based on the cost per download of your campaigns (which is something you'd need to research more to find the category average that you could gauge against).

Product: feedback from downloaders is the easiest and most direct way to gauge product quality. You could offer downloaders something if they rate your product or 'Like' the app fan page. Not sure if that's legal by FB rules so you may want to check that.

Wrong target demo: Do you see yourself using it or a similar product frequently? A better question would be: did you already use a similar product before your friend introduced you to this app? If you say "maybe", I'd use that as a "no" to be conservative.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
feedback so far on the product has been great.
I am not the target demo.
I shared a tweet and got it retweeted and that's how I got views lots of views thru to the site and video but no conversions.

I suppose I will go to the place I was thinking and spend a few bucks and see what happens with a targeted audience ty :)

Eta I don't think that there is another product like this but I feel its useful and timesaving for someone who does this for money that's why I decided to help ;)

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Have you considered Reddit?

They have loads of specific subreddits that you can advertise and target.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Only recently looked at reddit and had not considered it. My concern was paying or working to promote something that's not converting...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Its new and idk where the original customers are from... I don't have a problem putting in work but I don't want it to be wasted

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
I dont really know what the app is, aside from your description of "viral content aggregator", but if that means an app that finds funny pictures and videos to repost then there is a good angle you can use to promote it.

Since you dont want to talk in detail about it publicly, pm me and I will let you know what I have in mind and you can see if that makes sense to you.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I will discuss anything in detail here :) I can post the link if I am allowed... it finds articles or pictures or YouTube videos etc according to the terms you want. Then you can export it out to be posted on fb or there's advanced settings to change where your lists of content go... its hard to go into detail on the thread because theres a lot of things/angles covered in the existing video. Im going to post the link. If someone needs to remove it then I apologize for creating extra work. I do believe it points to my affiliate link but I get nothing from people viewing it so feel free to let me know what you think :) www.1s0s.com/fbcontentcurator

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
The concept is great, but there needs to be a defined value proposition.
  • Why would someone want to curate viral content and post it to their facebook page?
  • How can using this app generate more money, fans, shares, etc?
Once the benefit of adding viral content to your page has been established, now you can highlight the features of the app, such as how it saves your time by scraping content from various sources and allows you to schedule posts.

He need a much better explainer video. His video is kinda dry and would be better if used for actual instructions once a user signs up.

The page looks good, but it's probably not converting because the price is a bit high for what it does... unless he can prove it will increase the bottom line.

He should test a free or low price trial offer... maybe $1-$7 for 30/days just to give user enough time to incorporate using the app in their workflow, see some results, and suffer separation anxiety if they have to stop using it.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Internet Marketers would be the best audience IMHO. So here's my two cents, hope it helps.

- create squeeze page with a great report
- this will grab lead information (as it will require them to opt-in to get the free report)
- use app page as a one time offer that redirects
- build value to audience over a month and then sell them the product directly through email
- then make sure to highlight the affiliate program for the product so people won't just use it, they'll market it for him

Traffic is always the biggest question so here are my opinions:
- warrior forum, doing a sales page on there, which is the target audience, and only costs $20 to post it for sale (this will also recruit affiliates)
- buy solo ads, avg cost is $0.40 per click through and they could be targeted at his majority audience

Good luck to both of you!

Last edited:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Internet Marketers would be the best audience IMHO. So here's my two cents, hope it helps.

- create squeeze page with great report
- this will grab lead information
- use app page as a one time offer that redirects
- build value to audience over a month and then sell them the product directly through email
- then make sure to highlight the affiliate program for the product so people won't just use it, they'll market it for him

Traffic is always the biggest question so here are my opinions:
- warrior forum, doing a sales page on there, which is the target audience, and only costs $20 to post it for sale (this will also recruit affiliates)
- buy solo ads, avg cost is $0.40 per click through and they could be targeted at his majority audience

Good luck to both of you!

I agree with this strategy, The free report could be about how to monetize a fb fan page with viral posts and then you can show how the app speeds up the process or makes it easier.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Ty all warrior is where I wanted to test but like I said I was worried About the sales copy. I will direct nate here so he can read the advice first hand. :) tyvm everyone!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
New video is live if you want to see it. Sending him the link to this thread

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
He had it in progress before I started the thread ;)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I don't get what it does, even after the vid, cuz it only mentions why its positive. But I don't know what it is in anything but vague terms, you are over selling and underexplaining.

Up the explaination and you'll probably need less selling.

If someone is confused, hyping them up only makes them more confused.
So make it simple.
Here is how you use it, here is what it replaces, look at the result :)
This is what we are, this is how you get it up, download here.

Saying what it is is harder than it sounds, but YOU MUST do it.
- Pinpoint your customers
- Point out the exact reasons they like it
- Create a description for these people that catches the benefits in a good light and is easy to understand within a few moments

Don't
- Make it vague and virtuous, to target all bases
- Wash over what customers are and what they say, in order to claim victory early (see see see! Me me me, look at me!)
- Fail to describe the product with excruciating succintness

To get viral exposure you start small, steady, then apply a catalyst. You never just fail to explain what it is, hoping the world sparta kicks down the door and romances you and your product making skills (haha, been there).

Last edited:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
He had it in progress before I started the thread ;)

He should have waited till he found a viable USP.

It looks nice, and is better than the first one, but it still doesn't explain why a person would want it.

He needs a 1 sentence statement that sums up what the app does like: Get more FREE fans to your Facebook page by posting highly engaging viral content -- automatically.

...or something like that

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
highly engaging viral content

What is that though?
I know what its made of, but what is IT related to the customer and how do you use it?

If that isn't answered there is ZERO credibility given on the sales end, so how can I buy it?

Here is what I mean.
Guy: will you buy something that gives you more customers
Me: Sure, if it works within my customer aquisition budget!
Guy: Well buy it
Me: What is it?
Guy: It has x feature
Me: Ok, but what is it?
Guy: It has y feature
Me: Yeah... Sorry man, try not to waste my time, tell me what it is
Guy: z feature is compelling
Me: I'm out

Guy: (under his breath after I'm gone) Its a fuzzball/Its a gun/Its 20 dollars

It is asking me to go on faith that this is something I want when for all I know it just makes my friends list not need other friends posting viral stuff cuz I got them covered. But what use is that?
I genuinely don't know.

I don't see how my facebook friends to my porsche company are signing up to not hear about cars but because I give them the latest 9gag joke.

Is it to make my page seem more active? Bump my name up on their feed more often? Is it "deceptively useful" because it goes under the radar? How will it affect my brand? How can you assure that it'll be positive to take this approach? Is this for local group pages, news feeds, what demographic responds to it?

What value does "the best of viral content" have?

Maybe a good idea is if its customisable, and if I sell windsurfing gear I get windsurfing trends popping up. If thats the case, GREAT show me how it is convenient to use!

Just be brave enough to tell me what it does.

Haha o_O

Last edited:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
What is that though?
I know what its made of, but what is IT related to the customer and how do you use it?

If that isn't answered there is ZERO credibility given on the sales end, so how can I buy it? It is asking me to go on faith that this is something I want when for all I know it just makes my friends list not need other friends posting viral stuff cuz I got them covered. But what use is that?
I genuinely don't know.

I don't see how my facebook friends to my porsche company are signing up to not hear about cars but because I give them the latest 9gag joke.

Is it to make my page seem more active? Bump my name up on their feed more often?

This is a very good question and the avg user may not know the answer to why viral content is important, so this app guy will either have to get very specific with his targeting and only try to sell to people who understand why they would need viral content or he will have to educate his prospects.

Here's one lesson from my own experience:
  • I manage a page that sell expensive hair extension for women
  • I post pictures of customers and hairstyles that can be done with the hair and get a fair amount of likes
  • Over the last year, I have noticed fb has reduced my organic reach
  • I read about posting funny/viral pictures and videos to increase "sharing" so that when I follow up with my promotional posts they get more reach
  • I stumble across a video of a girl doing tricks with a hula hoop and post it on the page
  • It goes viral and reaches close to 4mil people
  • The pages generates over 100 new likes, 20+ opt-ins, and 3-6 more sales/day (product sells for $175-300 or more)
  • Grew a 1.5k fan page to close to 5k
  • Lasted for a month
Ever since that happened, I post 80% silly shit to the page hoping to increase shares. Once I see something taking off, I follow up with a promo post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.