The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice on spending!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Hello everyone, my names Brad. I'm an entrepreneur of 22, I started Bora Skin awhile ago and so far things are going smooth, I'm wholesaling to a few stores, and have website, so things are getting pretty serious. One thing I notice, even though money comes and goes frequently, I'm spending a lot of money on quick snacks, fast food, and junk food all the time. I work at a call center for Cigna in the morning because my business doesn't need my whole day to run, I mainly work for benefits, 401k and to pay for inventory, but still have a lot left over as well. Anyways, my work has a built in food store in the break room, with 4 different fridges full of soda, quick snacks. I saw that I'm buying 2 monsters everyday. And occasionally a few bags of chips. I checked my statesments and I'm spending a lot on these things. I tried bringing my lunch, my own snacks, but I still have the need and want to buy a drink to keep me awake in the middle the day. Money isn't tight, but I'm wasting my money. My question is, what do you all do to keep yourselves from spending money on unless junk food, snacks etc?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hello everyone, my names Brad. I'm an entrepreneur of 22, I started Bora Skin awhile ago and so far things are going smooth, I'm wholesaling to a few stores, and have website, so things are getting pretty serious. One thing I notice, even though money comes and goes frequently, I'm spending a lot of money on quick snacks, fast food, and junk food all the time. I work at a call center for Cigna in the morning because my business doesn't need my whole day to run, I mainly work for benefits, 401k and to pay for inventory, but still have a lot left over as well. Anyways, my work has a built in food store in the break room, with 4 different fridges full of soda, quick snacks. I saw that I'm buying 2 monsters everyday. And occasionally a few bags of chips. I checked my statesments and I'm spending a lot on these things. I tried bringing my lunch, my own snacks, but I still have the need and want to buy a drink to keep me awake in the middle the day. Money isn't tight, but I'm wasting my money. My question is, what do you all do to keep yourselves from spending money on unless junk food, snacks etc?
Back when such a thing would have been a factor in my life, I quantified it.
How much time would I have to work to pay for the crap?
What other crap could I be buying instead for the same money?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Here's the easy way:

Decide how much money you want to spend on "fun" per month. Beer, snacks, etc... Let's say you decide on $100 (make your own judgement here).

Go to the bank, take out $100, put it in your wallet, and don't feel guilty about spending it on anything. But you need to be mature enough to not take out more money or use cards when that wallet-cash is gone.

I find being able to physically see and remove a quantity of cash for a junk purchase makes me question that purchase more than if I just swipe a card.

This is one of a few techniques that helped me get out of serious debt many moons ago.

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Here's the easy way:

Decide how much money you want to spend on "fun" per month. Beer, snacks, etc... Let's say you decide on $100 (make your own judgement here).

Go to the bank, take out $100, put it in your wallet, and don't feel guilty about spending it on anything. But you need to be mature enough to not take out more money or use cards when that wallet-cash is gone.

I find being able to physically see and remove a quantity of cash for a junk purchase makes me question that purchase more than if I just swipe a card.

This is one of a few techniques that helped me get out of serious debt many moons ago.

Wow that's actually a really good idea! I'm gonna try it :) anyone else have any methods?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.