The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My progress thread / journal --

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
So I was reading another guys thread here... about him wasting time and money as an wantrepreneur..

And so, I'm gonna list my mistakes as well as my goals here. Mostly for making sure I follow this plan and not go off course.

My mistakes:
  • Build a website to test concept: $500 + 1-2months (When I could've tested on Craigslist = =)
  • Download tons of free content and not consume it $0 + long time
  • Dabbled in this and that and not focusing on anything: $1000 + 1 year of time I'll never get back
  • Not focusing enough, giving up too early: 1-4 years?
Goals:
  • Learn copy / Learn marketing: $100 + 3 months (Currently here.)
  • Start offline business

How to waste time and money playing entrepreneur
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...te-time-and-money-playing-entrepreneur.53375/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
got a part time job, severely boosted my motivation to get out of this job and into the fastlane.

would 100% recommend a job to those with no motivation. it sometimes is the fire that burns under your a$$ to get you moving.

so i slaved for 8 hours today, and got home tired AF, brain sorta hurt, thought there was a headache. felt really tired, but managed to read copywriting for 3 more hours. overcame the tiredness by soaking myself in a hot bucket of water.

very happy with myself today!!

tomorrow, more learning! [HASHTAG]#rememberyourgoals[/HASHTAG]

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
made 6 calls so far today. each call lasted approx 3min each. noticed that realtors are much more easy to talk to and helpful than people in the mobile homes industry...

asked them how i could help them bring more business, and they replied, we're doing fine, we don't need your help! guess some ppl are satisfied with their life?

what i need more practice on with cold calls:
-getting ppl to open up
-my phone skills are just horrible. i stumble, i mutter, i use the wrong words lol.

Last edited:

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
what i learned about mobile home investing from 3 phone calls:
-in bc, depending on mobile home park, they might or might not be rented out
-shelf life of 40 years from bank perspective, higher payments if loaned from bank, due to amortization
-lower taxes, couple hundred a year
-all of the mobile home parks are located outside the big city, due to expensive land costs
-mobile homes are depreciating assets

Mobile home living outside big city=
-Land rent fee: $500/month
-Taxes per year: $41/month ($500/12months)
-Cost of house: $40k
-Cost to put house on land: ??
-Living outside the city: ??

Renting in big city=
-$500-600 for a room

Conclusion=======

Mobile homes-
Advantage:
-For people that want big house, likes to live in a more rural area, lots of retirees own these homes
Disadvantages:
-Pay land rent fee every single month your house is on it

I'd still rather live in the big city :D

Last edited:

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
What is the goal?
to start offline business like jackedwards, but however, if any other needs pop up, i will go for them as well.

i am currently learning copywriting, and my reading slows down quite a bit after a few pages, so i figured i might as well sharpen my phone skills and make some calls and search for some needs.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
yesterday, after work, i thought of a product improvement that can possibly be licensed. (i got this idea while using the product at work)

tomorrow morning, i will make some calls to possible licensing companies.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just heard my parents talking to my grandmother on the phone. It was quite depressing, it was another one of those "why isn't he finishing college" conversations again.

Being an asian, me and my parents get bombed with this question so many times from relatives. I feel so sorry for my parents. They have to stand up to this shit. But I feel so stressed when I hear this shit all the time, it goes on at least 1+ times a month. It gets depressing.

However, I am super grateful my parents, with me living in their house and them taking care of me. I want to pay back my parents and show them I can really accomplish something major in life, but sometimes, they also give me the "you know how difficult it is to start a business?" speech.

So they give me shit sometimes, and don't really trust I will succeed, but is letting me try just so I won't hate them in the future for it.

However, my mom is happy to see that I am reading copywriting at home everyday, so she cuts me some slack.

My daily appreciation post: I am grateful of my parents for letting me live in their house and saving me $1500 each month for living expenses.

Side note: Made $30 bucks selling some items on craigslist my friend didn't want

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Updating my goals post -- From top priority to lowest

1. Health:
-Sleeping before 11:30pm --> I have never slept before 11:30 in the past 3years or so, and it really f*cked up my energy, my hair, and body in general.
-Taking 40min fast walk 3x a week on Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday
-Upon better health, working out 3x a week, and continuing walking

2. Reading copywriting: 46 pages/day --> to finish all the copywriting books in a month
(I want to read more, but I feel there is only so much info I can take on one subject before I get bored)

3. Make money, through Craigslist or other: Make 30k in 3 months (75/hour for 30 hours a week)
-This part it might start out slow and once I get hang of it, exponentially make more
-Also, on the side, try to find other ways to make money

Also, gonna find a sales job in a week or so, while I learn copywriting.

I am considering setting higher goals for copywriting, as I consistently fall short of my goal by like 20%. May need to schedule the times to read.

The end goal: Start a offline business like @JackEdwards, I should be able to get to that stage in June.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
School Issue - Take a course in business/etc that helps you with your goals. Tell your extended family family the course is for your degree. By next fall you will be successful so it will all work out (right?).

Update 1 - Good stuff

Update 2 - 46 page does not seem like much at all.

Update 3 - Go for it!

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
School Issue - Take a course in business/etc that helps you with your goals. Tell your extended family family the course is for your degree. By next fall you will be successful so it will all work out (right?).

Update 1 - Good stuff

Update 2 - 46 page does not seem like much at all.

Update 3 - Go for it!

Thanks for reading my thread!

I would take the course, but I feel school is too much theory, not enough action, and it will only delay my progress. I've delayed my progress for like 4 years, wasting time in university, jumping from one program to another, wasting time on bitcoin, wasting a few months jumping from idea to idea... i think its time i stop wasting time and start taking action that will reach my goals.

My problem has always been not being able to focus on 1 idea. Maybe it was because I didn't set goals and half-assed everything. I plan to change that this time.

46 pages doesn't seem alot, I agree, but I have the attention span of like 30mins for reading a copywriting book. And I'm a slow reader, 15pages-20pages an hour?

I might also be moving to the states to start my biz, is California business friendly?

PS: Reaped $40 thru Craigslist today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.