The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My name's Tengen and I'm an alcoholic

Tengen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Hi guys, just joined the forum after reading the titular book of course.

My story - I'm from Australia and have a background in customer service based around the wine industry since 2011.

Started a wine blog a few months ago with the intention of creating content and getting traffic before brainstorming for possible product creation, but after leaving my job recently this has been fast tracked and now working on test products and doing research on marketing and whatnot. After browsing a few minutes here already some gems.

Testing - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ets-tips-processes-how-tos.35110/#post-193437
Adwords - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ets-tips-processes-how-tos.35110/#post-193971

I'm not a seasoned entrepreneur, but if you have any wine questions, i'm your man!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
Welcome aboard Tengen! I would think you are playing in an area that has a lot of potential. People, like me, love their wine and I'm amazed at all the wine gadgets people spend money on, just because it is the latest fad.

Food for thought: Most of the year it is very hot in Texas and the average room temperature is warmer than the preferred temp to consume red wine, especially if out on the back deck or pool side. Most address and market to the chilling with white wines but I think there is a place for marketing a wine cover of sorts for maintaining a 60-65 degree F ideal drinking red wine temp.

It may become a fad but if creative and marketed well, should go over well.

Tengen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Thanks for the welcome Lakeview

The temperature thing is a constant issue, because most published standards are based in EU - room temperature over there is quite a bit cooler Down Under in Australia, and i'd imagine it's the same in Texas.

There's this thing called a Corksicle that i've never tried - basically a plastic spike that you fill with water and freeze and you insert it into the bottle. Doesn't please me aesthetically and i have this thing against plastic and wine, but i'm sure they've done well despite being a fad.

A cheaper option is just to freeze regular table grapes and plop a few in your glass - they don't melt in the traditional sense, so dilution of your wine is minimal.

My go-to advice is just to prepare an ice-bucket - yes, even with red wines. I go into detail about the reasoning process on my blog HERE (Warning, possibly slightly #NSFW, but hey, sex sells)

EDIT - Haha, just found an article on DrinksBusiness labelling the Corksicle as "totally pointless" - http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2012/08/top-10-totally-pointless-wine-accessories/6/

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...