The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My First Post: I'm Ready

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
What's up Fast Lane,

My name is Brett and I'm a college student finishing up an Environmental Horticulture degree. I initially started off my college experience at a big university as an Accounting Major which I began to dread. I ended up transferring to an Agricultural school to study plants because it's something I enjoy as well as have aspirations for innovating the field.

Finding this site was an accident but I'm glad that I had because allowed me to reminisce much of my childhood. Growing up as a kid in NY I would always shovel snow and come up with "new" ideas on how to make a quick buck. While most of my friends were playing video games while I was reading about Warren Buffet and the like.

Later on I began a very successful tropical fish business from home, at the grand age of 14. In roughly a year I expanded, built a reputation throughout the industry and had a somewhat financially independent childhood. I then left the fish industry around 16 after making roughly $2k to put focus on my new hobby: Lacrosse. After making the team I fell in love with the sport. I began a lacrosse business that funded my obsession with the sport which allowed me to have top of the line gear without needing my parents wallet.

Eventually closer to graduating high school I began to lose my love for the sport after injuries kept me from playing to my full potential and ruined my chances towards scholarships. Now girls and the partying lifestyle were my priorities and with no job I needed to fund this lifestyle. So I began a golf ball re-sale business on Ebay as well as locally. On a good day I would make roughly $30 an hour making sales in person along with having Ebay selling the extra stock. I could pull roughly $75-110 on a half day in cash not including my Ebay sales which pushed $300 a week. I wasn't rolling in money but it funded my dates and partying lifestyle, which is all I ever wanted.

Fast forward to now and I've finally lost my social urges at the young age of 21. While I never wanted to attend college, my parents forced me to go which has allowed me to mature in ways I never saw previously. I'm now in the process of developing my own tree strains with aspirations of innovating the nursery business as it's outdated.

I hope this long-winded post hasn't worn any of y'all out as I'm just getting started! I am hoping to create professional relationships on this site as well as further my business experiences and I would be glad to help others out in any way possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Nice post, looking forward to hearing from you!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I'm now in the process of developing my own tree strains with aspirations of innovating the nursery business as it's outdated.

Sounds cool!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lotta entrepreneurial hustle in your history. Don't lose sight of the dream. A 9-to-5 can do that.

Welcome aboard.

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
Lotta entrepreneurial hustle in your history. Don't lose sight of the dream. A 9-to-5 can do that.

Welcome aboard.
I'm hoping to use my 9-5 to help me "leap-frog" so to speak towards my dream. The career I'm pursuing has a lot of down time 8 months out of the year so it won't hinder my progress too badly.

The trees I'm looking towards developing will have significantly higher growth rates as well as acorn production. So it will be a plus for foresters/loggers as well as sportsmen looking to increase their deer/animal herds. The connections I have within the hunting community have shown interest in such a tree, I just need time to develop a plant that will speak for itself.

DevIncredible

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Nov 25, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
I'm hoping to use my 9-5 to help me "leap-frog" so to speak towards my dream. The career I'm pursuing has a lot of down time 8 months out of the year so it won't hinder my progress too badly.

The trees I'm looking towards developing will have significantly higher growth rates as well as acorn production. So it will be a plus for foresters/loggers as well as sportsmen looking to increase their deer/animal herds. The connections I have within the hunting community have shown interest in such a tree, I just need time to develop a plant that will speak for itself.

Welcome! This website is amazing. I come from a family of hunters/fishers in NW PA. Some of my relatives might be interested in such a product! Although being me, I never shot a gun in my life. I couldn't be more thankful with the path I am on now.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, sounds like you'll have a quite adventure with all that background! Nice to meet you! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...