The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mountain Path - Life Management Web App

D

Deleted36186

Hey,
i started my first litte project of my fastlane. The first MVP is done. So i'm now here to get some feedback.

Bildschirmfoto-2015-11-28-um-10.09.38.png

The Project is called Mountain Path and you try it out here http://mountainpath.route242.com/app/
It's a web app to help you to reach goals and make decisions about your life. This first version is really simple but combines some core principles i had learned from different books about this topic.

My idea behind the project is to create a platform which supports you every day to focus on your Dreams and Goals of your life.

New Areas and Functions will be added every two weeks. For example one idea would be to integrate the WADM Matrix as some area.

Any questions? Feedback?

Thanks,
mafis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

John Robert

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Mar 19, 2014
Whos going to pay for this and/or whats the monetization? Who are your comps? What do people currently use to solve the need this fills? How much are they paying for those services? Whats the marketing/sales and/or bizdev plan? What makes you 10x better?

First thing, problem is, people are awayfrom-motivated, not towards motivated.

Second, it looks like most of this is just code ripped off of github, not very unique.

Third, im pretty sure the predominant way people solve the problem that your web app fills, is through either post its on their bathroom mirror, or a page in their journal. Not exactly lots of money there.

D

Deleted36186

There will be a subscription available after some time testing it out. Most people don't know where to start if they think big, after some iterations this web app will fill the gap. Monthly Price will be low for only using the app like 0,99 - 2,99$, but there will be premium content available. My marketing plan is make deals with the guys in personal management, what i have already done. Most of them use a system like that, but they are using Evernote,.. which works, but doesn't fill there needs.

If you think it's looks from github ok. I am doing software development since 9 years, so i am really didn't need github for that.

You are right for the moment most people do things like that in there journal. I know a lot which does it that way and searching for a better digital solution.

D

Deleted36186

You are right. It's not really clear at the moment. I have a lot of ideas and feedback of potential users heard already and i think this MVP was a little bit early. But i also learned much already.

My plan is a platform which will help you by reaching goals and personal development. It's combines a lot of technics i learned from different books of this area. For the moment i think i will need some more iterations to show something, which really could show the products potential.

Andrew Ward

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 29, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Before you build anything be really clear on what your value proposition is to the market place. Do a need features benefit analysis to help you.

Crude example:
Need: staying focused with personal life goals.
Feature: an online tool to manage goals and priorities.
Benefits: A better work, life balance. More time to see friends. More successful life etc.

People buy the benefits so it is critical you know what they are and sell them for what they are worth. It's also important that your solution does actually solve a real world problem so thinking this way can help you there too.

If you are unsure then keep asking why. E.g. it is a planning tool; why? So people can organise their tasks; why? So that they can manage their priorities better; why? So that they actually get things done that they need to; why? So that they can manage their finances better around their lifestyle; why? So that they don't get into the kind of toxic debt that takes away freedom; why? So that they can have an overall better quality of life; why? Because they want a good quality of life; why; because they do, the end.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted36186

Thanks, that's a really,really good point. Something that i really need to think about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Your desire to want to help others to achieve their goals and keep pushing onwards to bigger and better ones is something to be greatly admired. The drive to help others where there is a need is at the core of every successful trip into entreprenership.

@Andrew Ward has done an incredible job of breaking down how to hone your idea so I'm not going to waste time repeating that, but I would recommend taking some time looking at some of the crowdfunding platforms. There has been a big surge recently of goal setting type notebooks / diaries getting funding. If you can take the best of what people wanting in paper form and convert it to an online platform you may well find the solution people are looking for in this area.

D

Deleted36186

These are the types of comments i am was waiting for. Thanks for your words.

And really good idea looking in the analog world of goals setting. I think i have already some ideas from this books planned, but nothing to lose there only to learn.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.