The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moment is finally here, let's get this thing going

Griso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Dec 3, 2014
Belgium
Hey fastlaners,

I found out about the fastlane and this forum several months ago. This has really opened my eyes. It became clear to me, this is what I want to do.

When I discovered this site, I was 16. Now I'm almost 17 but more importantly, I'm in senior year in high school now. I live in Belgium and study economics at school. In my school, senior year economics students are given an awesome opportunity each year. We get to start our own mini-company.

Basically we have to make groups, everyone gets a position in the company. I have chosen to take care of the finances. Since school has only been going on for a month, we are still setting things up. Last week we have decided on our product and our supplier. We've also chosen a name, I think we've chosen a good one. It's short, powerful and really speaks to our target audience. Right now we're in the process of designing a logo and opening a bank account.

I think this project will help me understand more of how a company works and it's an awesome chance to use the things I've learned here. It's going to be a learning experience.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask them down below!

Really excited for what these next months are going to bring, I will keep you all updated. I'm probably going to start a new thread soon, dedicated to our company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hardin.derek

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 23, 2015
I've always been conflicted during the beginning phases of launching. I find that I've always given too much thought to the name, logo, logistics etc instead of actually going and validating the product or idea.

Have you already validated your idea? If so, how did you go about doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Dec 3, 2014
Belgium
I've always been conflicted during the beginning phases of launching. I find that I've always given too much thought to the name, logo, logistics etc instead of actually going and validating the product or idea.

Have you already validated your idea? If so, how did you go about doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be perfectly honest with you, we haven't really put much thought into validation.
We had been brainstorming about ideas for a couple of weeks, with every idea there was one missing factor.
We then finally stumbled upon this idea that we have now, it just immediately clicked together in our minds. Our teachers thought it was a good idea, they said the supplier we've chosen is good too.

Something you have to keep in mind is that we don't have time to think about stuff too much. Most of these companies quit at the end of the school year, only ones with a lot of succes may continue. We're being pressured to make big choices in short time periods. When we thought about this idea, we just decided to go for it. It may turn out to be an epic fail, or it might work out. We'll see what happens.

Also 4 out of 6 people in our company go to the gym and have friends who go to the gym. Which is one of the reasons why we chose this product, we can easily reach our target audience and sell them the product in person.

If you have the time, validate your ideas.
The internet really opens up a lot of ways to validate an idea, or you could just go old school and approach people in the real world.
See if a product will sell, then start getting into the details of it. No point in wasting time in logo's etc, if people wouldn't buy your product anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
G

GuestUser143

Hello there! How is your project going? Quite curious about your progression :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...