The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

May 2015 Bring Real Success instead of the B.S.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
1454720_10202166234517422_3793557218533436604_n.jpg

Cheers to all the acloholics and dysfunctional people that feel the need to create drama in my life! I'll stay on the this path and thanks for the successful tips of who not to become and all the bad advice you ever gave me about success! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The process is a beautiful thing! The side walker mindset stays the same: When you grow and evolve and involve it's an amazing feeling when they attack your character and cause drama because that's all they know how to do. They're so sure they have it all figured out. When those blows come my way, I just understand they don't have control over their thoughts, feelings, actions, and react. All the blows and punches are at an imaginary illusion about themselves. Interesting you don't talk to people for a year and half and they're still in the same place and in their minds I'm the same person twenty years ago.

I'm the villain and bad guy because I'm the one that was strong enough to break out of the dysfunction, discipline myself, and create my way to here. And the thing is it sucks because this path is one you walk alone, but there's a reason I'm here and they're not. I earned the right to succeed, I put in the hours, the discipline, and I suppose right now they have the upper hand, and I suppose there is moment they have a rude awakening, because for me it's impossible to ever have their mindset again. So, I guess the more I move forward in 2015 they'll have to accept the new reality whether they like it or not. I guess if they need to fight it, they will be dragged into the positive reality from a distance.

They make a choice to create their reality. And why even react or respond. I hear about it! And they don't get why I don't react or respond. I burn it off and let it go, because they don't want to hear the truth or see the truth. I have better things to do like create a business and focus on my goals. I get pissed off because it shouldn't even bother me at all at this point. I suppose it's because they're aiming crap at my son. Mother Bear! And trying to navigate him out of that side walk mentality and hoping he understands they're not teaching him to succeed. They're just manipulating him, buying things, and playing mind games.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Interesting you don't talk to people for a year and half and they're still in the same place and in their minds I'm the same person twenty years ago.
I experience something similar every now and then when I meet old high school peers. They just assume since you look the same, dress in a similar way and don't have that Bentley (substitute with any fancy car brand) yet, that you are just the same old dude they knew back then. They won't even make the effort to find out which way you have come and give you credit for a massive process and acknowledge they change you have made.

I'm the villain and bad guy because I'm the one that was strong enough to break out of the dysfunction, discipline myself, and create my way to here.
Now that I finally started out and started making moves, it is unbelievable what people say and think. Sometimes it is hard to not care. But at the end of the day, your success will show you that you were right. So with a few famous words from this forum: "Zero f**ks given."

I get pissed off because it shouldn't even bother me at all at this point. I suppose it's because they're aiming crap at my son. Mother Bear! And trying to navigate him out of that side walk mentality and hoping he understands they're not teaching him to succeed. They're just manipulating him, buying things, and playing mind games.
It is hard to block all that out when it concerns you, it gets even harder when some of your loved ones are affected. I don't know how old he is, but maybe you can think about teaching him the real deal, including him in some areas or even creating something together. There is an incredible thread on the inside where exactly this is being done.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Interesting you don't talk to people for a year and half and they're still in the same place and in their minds I'm the same person twenty years ago.
I experience something similar every now and then when I meet old high school peers. They just assume since you look the same, dress in a similar way and don't have that Bentley (substitute with any fancy car brand) yet, that you are just the same old dude they knew back then. They won't even make the effort to find out which way you have come and give you credit for a massive process and acknowledge they change you have made.

I'm the villain and bad guy because I'm the one that was strong enough to break out of the dysfunction, discipline myself, and create my way to here.
Now that I finally started out and started making moves, it is unbelievable what people say and think. Sometimes it is hard to not care. But at the end of the day, your success will show you that you were right. So with a few famous words from this forum: "Zero f**ks given."

I get pissed off because it shouldn't even bother me at all at this point. I suppose it's because they're aiming crap at my son. Mother Bear! And trying to navigate him out of that side walk mentality and hoping he understands they're not teaching him to succeed. They're just manipulating him, buying things, and playing mind games.
It is hard to block all that out when it concerns you, it gets even harder when some of your loved ones are affected. I don't know how old he is, but maybe you can think about teaching him the real deal, including him in some areas or even creating something together. There is an incredible thread on the inside where exactly this is being done.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
They won't even make the effort to find out which way you have come and give you credit for a massive process and acknowledge they change you have made.
In my case it wouldn't matter if they knew or not. I have to laugh about this, because they just don't want to see the truth! Before I left it was pointed out by various people I had back me up. Fortunately, It's kind of a situation where it's family dysfunction and pecking order. Someone says something, they agree, and follow, don't want to rock the boat, or pretend they're you're friend, and go to that person give them information, and somehow it gets distorted. These are side walk mentality that pretend they're an authority on success. Blind leading the blind! I'm the villain, because I broke out of the dysfunction! Chose to follow a path that that most of them have never done themselves. They're not interested in whether I'm successful or how I've changed. It appears more that they some how prove their right, and how can they be possibly wrong. It's kind of tedious to me and I don't talk to them, because it's just easier to
Zero f**ks given.
This is the approach I have to take, because it's just dysfunction and negative mentality. Everything they're barking about they don't do themselves. And that's what is tedious about it, they're not walking the walk. And expect me to play small to fit in their dysfunctional reality and pecking order. I'd never get anything done if I was back home just like before I left, because they're only interested in their obedience, pecking order, and being right at all costs, and sabotaging your success, because that's what they do. lol And I'm the problem, because I have strange ideas like Meditation, visualization, reading books, learning, unlearning, and doing what we all do in this forum. And it's just incredible you here all this b.s. and they don't even know what they're talking about or even have a clue how to be successful. They're caught in the past, stuck on problems, and issues, and it's just a waste of my time and energy.

And so I don't react or respond to them because it's a waste of time and energy. And the only time they're going to listen is when it smacks them in the face one day and I am successful. And I guess that's their choice and the lesson they needed to learn, because they needed to act the way they do. Zero f**cks really irritates them more, and they go viral through the grape vine. And it just is amazing the more I grow and learn and become more, how dysfunctional they are.
teaching him the real deal, including him in some areas or even creating something together.
I do this by sharing books and pointing him to the fastlane way. I believe the more I succeed He will see more and more the same thing. He's 19, so I know he knows the truth. I just don't want him brain washed into their version of success. lol Because it doesn't work! That's really his choice. He knows where the fastlane forum is, the books, etc. I've pointed him in that direction. He just gets bashed from every direction about his mother and how what I'm doing is not right! lol This is just crazy to me! lol I'm doing all the right things, and it's the wrong way. But okay! lol That's insanity at your finest!
There is an incredible thread on the inside where exactly this is being done.

I was in there, but my resources are small, so was investing it in the business stuff. Like I just paid for my website for a year so I didn't have to worry about it. And also saving for a writing workshop that I need with a very important instructor that can challenge me to produce the results I need in my novel, and short stories to sell on Amazon. He just critiqued one story and told me I had something most writers don't have today. And he was impressed with my performance. So, I know I need that criticism and to hone in on those skills necessary to be a top author.

So, it's not that I don't want to be in there, just I have to manage my priorities at the moment to get to where I need to be. And also need to get on other platforms for selling writing, and photo shop etc. It's kind of like I have to do things not to the standards I would like to just get money to get there, to do them the right way. So, if I have mental health and social workers watching my work now, the stakes are even higher to make those sales, and become a more effective writer, and I have to improve on blog writing, copy writing, non-fiction, and fiction.

I know to keep studying and applying, and creating content on social media. It's just the process. I just usually vent to get it out and get back in balance. There's nothing I can do about people. They haven't done the work and there talking a lot of B.S. and really I don't believe that's going to change when I do get money. They'll all be playing victim and how all unfair life is and I need to help them because all the nice things they've done for me. And sure throughout my life they have done some nice things. I have gratitude for those things, but at the same time the dysfunction is just really not my thing at this point in time, because I see how messed up it all is, and the fast lane has made that clear on certain levels as well as other things I've done to get here.

I see every time they do this, it's just a reminder to keep moving forward, because I get something in life they don't. They obviously never learned it!

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Blind leading the blind! I'm the villain, because I broke out of the dysfunction! Chose to follow a path that that most of them have never done themselves. They're not interested in whether I'm successful or how I've changed.
They are blinded by the light. I know this situation very well from my own experiences. It is a really hard situation to deal with, but from what I got from your story, you made the right step, though it wasn't an easy one at all (talking about moving). A lot of this wouldn't happen if people at least tried to understand and change their perspective a bit. Unfortunately, most of them are selfish...

They're not interested in whether I'm successful or how I've changed. It appears more that they some how prove their right, and how can they be possibly wrong.
Yeah - they are trying to find every proof they can so they can be sure that they were right in their small little world. The problem here is that they might be aware but won't ever admit that they have a narrow minded view on things. Furthermore, they are too lazy or arrogant to challenge their perspectives and make an effort.

It's kind of tedious to me and I don't talk to them, because it's just easier to
It definitely is. It drains your positive energy and creates a lot of unnecessary, negative vibe among people.

Everything they're barking about they don't do themselves.
This is the worst. For me, a lot in life is about respect. And from my close family/friends, I expect the respect I show towards them. If you judge me without even doing your "homework", then this is just disrespectful.

And I'm the problem, because I have strange ideas like Meditation, visualization, reading books, learning, unlearning, and doing what we all do in this forum.
You are the black sheep, because you dare, you ask, you investigate, you disagree and you challenge the status quo. You make them uncomfortable and this is why they get nervous. And this behavior is what made people like Steve Jobs successful.

And so I don't react or respond to them because it's a waste of time and energy. And the only time they're going to listen is when it smacks them in the face one day and I am successful. And I guess that's their choice and the lesson they needed to learn, because they needed to act the way they do. Zero f**cks really irritates them more, and they go viral through the grape vine. And it just is amazing the more I grow and learn and become more, how dysfunctional they are.
I chose to do the same. In my case, it came from family members that were relatively close. It hurt for a little while, but that's just normal. After you handle your emotions and analyze the situation objectively, you see that you made the right choice. Since I cut some ropes and don't have to deal with the drama anymore, I have a lot more positive energy that I can channel towards the essential things in life.

He just gets bashed from every direction about his mother and how what I'm doing is not right! lol This is just crazy to me! lol I'm doing all the right things, and it's the wrong way. But okay! lol That's insanity at your finest!
Wow, this is a very delicate situation. 19 is a crucial age. Not only in terms of development, but also in terms of making decisions and getting on your feet. The best is to lead the way by example (which you are doing) and he will make the right decisions.

So, it's not that I don't want to be in there, just I have to manage my priorities at the moment to get to where I need to be.
Don't worry - I guessed that if you are not an INSIDERS, there must be a reason for it :) I just wanted to share something with you that you might have missed. I totally get where you are coming from - priorities have to be made! Congratulations on your progress - sounds like you are well on your way! :)

So, if I have mental health and social workers watching my work now
Why is that?

They haven't done the work and there talking a lot of B.S. and really I don't believe that's going to change when I do get money.
No, it's only gonna get worse, haha :) Because then, they will tell themselves that you were just lucky. But it is not about changing their opinions. Ultimately, it is about your way, about what makes you happy and about becoming a better person.

I see every time they do this, it's just a reminder to keep moving forward, because I get something in life they don't. They obviously never learned it!
This can be funneled into more productivity, which helps me from time to time too!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yeah - they are trying to find every proof they can so they can be sure that they were right in their small little world. The problem here is that they might be aware but won't ever admit that they have a narrow minded view on things. Furthermore, they are too lazy or arrogant to challenge their perspectives and make an effort.

That's bingo: They have been doing this since 2012 and they keep trying to prove! I called them on out on it, and that was the danger of it! Ha ha! in a sense the dog got out of the cage! And I suppose running as fast as I can and not catching me to put back in the cage.

You are the black sheep, because you dare, you ask, you investigate, you disagree and you challenge the status quo. You make them uncomfortable and this is why they get nervous. And this behavior is what made people like Steve Jobs successful.

This is true: I remember the comment when they gave me an ultimatum. " That's what you get for being so smart."

Why is that?
Well a social worker read one of my books and was collaborating with others whether they wanted to use it to help clients. I haven't heard anything though.

And yes, I follow most of your comments. I have what it takes, I just had a day of battling with one relative online and hearing about stuff from son yesterday. I've gotten better with the emotions things, just really have to figure out how to do the zero give a f**ck better.

I'm a compassionate person and empathize, but sometimes I have to let it go just because I have too.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I have what it takes, I just had a day of battling with one relative online and hearing about stuff from son yesterday. I've gotten better with the emotions things, just really have to figure out how to do the zero give a f**ck better.
We are only human and every now and then it gets to us. Totally okay :) All a matter of practice and experience! I know you have what it takes and you will go for it, just be patient!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

I used to watch Robyn Bouchard play for the Muskegon Fury all the time with my son. He was my son's hero on the ice. We talked with him a few times with other members of the team through the years. My son has season tickets at one time. I didn't really think about it at the time until I got into hardships, but it was one of the things I remembered and motivated while I was going through things. This man was the best player on the team. He made history records. He even played with broken wrists, and ankle one time during a championship game. I watched him fight and get slammed into boards, how he handled himself on and off the ice.

The game of life isn't much different. Toxic people slam you against the boards, try to stop you from reaching the goal. I learned just from reflections on those times at the Hockey game, there's a time you have to be defense, and another you're the offense. There's a time turn off the toxic crowd in your head, and learn to skate with precision, learn to focus, and shoot and score and again and again until you win that championship game. The victory was already won in 2013. I learned to be a better player mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and tougher than they know how to play.

The irony of it is I have moved on and here creating my reality to even move up the next level in the game of life. They are creating their own reality making up stories, causing drama, and making a bigger mess of things, because that's all they know how to do. And today I was thinking, it's amazing how I've stepped out of that reality. The whole dam thing is so strange seeing how people do create their reality, and the enemy isn't even me, it's themselves, and together they're creating this reality with a ghost in their head of who I used to be. The person they are in self-denial that how can it be that I don't except their reality or take part in it and play the toxic insanity.

And it's a relief to see that I've accomplished something they may never even accomplish. Just to be able to win the victory over your own illusions and get past all that dysfunctional stuff. I'm not saying I don't still have parts of me to heal. The difference is I know that emotions and feelings just need to be cleared and let go of, and if somethings being triggered than I need to get to the root of it. I remember one of them said that money was the best tool to leave my son. I have to argue with that. The best tool I can leave my son is the ability to be able to be mentally tough and emotionally tough and teach him to become a life learner and take action. Money is like the stock market. lol Throughout your lifetime it will go up and down and fluctuate. It will constantly be changing depending on your choices.

Your mind is your best defense and offense in the game of life no matter what your economic status may be presently. Your problem solving skills and not relying on someone else for anything. Never allowing someone to create your reality for you. Put together with finances you can do many great things and succeed. First you have to have your head straight.

You want to be a champion in life at anything, there is a process, practice, patience, determination, devotion, and even when you're tired, and in the deepest kind of mental, emotional, or physical pain you keep moving around the opponent, through them, over them, under them, side to side, and shoot for the goal every time, and ignore every comment they make. Doesn't matter how good of a player they think they are, if they're not practicing every day, upgrading, and keeping up with the skills, they leave that opportunity open to shoot and score and reach your goal.

I may be lagging with getting to the finances, but honestly the whole experience was enlightening and built as one person put it, one kick a$$ person inside of me. And I have to say it's people like you that encourage me to keep moving forward. I'm always grateful for every person that adds to inspiration and adds value in creating who I become every moment. It's people like you that have made me who I am today. I have a whole line of people like you that are watching, and rooting for me all over the globe.

You're the kind of people I enjoy because you stand out from the crowd and make a difference. The world needs more people like you. The biggest reward is encouraging one another on the road to success.

That's the way I look at the world, It's not about one of us, it's really about all of us on this planet moving the world forward to make it a better world. Team work spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically creates a beautiful world.

We may have different businesses but all on the same team in different ways. I thank you for your kindness! An honored for your response. That's what the world needs is more people like you.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

One of my favorite songs and videos! 2015 is just time to rise above the past and step up to the next level and re-invent myself to become more of a champion at life! One step closer to the dream!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Let's get ready to rumble! Perhaps it's time to do some major action in the next 12 months. While toxic people like to sit around and create bigger messes, gossip, rumormonger, and waste their time and energy on things that don't create success, it seems I've done amazing things when I take action, keep learning to be a pro at life. Let's see what I can do in 2015! :) Maybe it is time to rumble!

I suppose I'm having a sense of humor! What were those toxic people thinking?? You all ready for this?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I used to watch Robyn Bouchard play for the Muskegon Fury all the time with my son. He was my son's hero on the ice. We talked with him a few times with other members of the team through the years. My son has season tickets at one time. I didn't really think about it at the time until I got into hardships, but it was one of the things I remembered and motivated while I was going through things. This man was the best player on the team. He made history records. He even played with broken wrists, and ankle one time during a championship game. I watched him fight and get slammed into boards, how he handled himself on and off the ice.
While I am not into ice hockey, I am well into other sports. I take a lot of motivation from fighters, of any kind. I just like the way they think, how they prepare and what ultimately plays a role so they win their fights. Being a sportsman on such a level is very similar to what an aspiring entrepreneur has to go through. Best example is - people see 19 year old super talents on TV and say "Wow, I wish I was born this lucky." No one sees the 15 years of training and dedication they have under their belts already at this age. No one sees the sacrifices. They just got lucky. And well, since not everybody can get lucky, they are poisonous in their thoughts and driven by envy.

The game of life isn't much different. Toxic people slam you against the boards, try to stop you from reaching the goal. I learned just from reflections on those times at the Hockey game, there's a time you have to be defense, and another you're the offense. There's a time turn off the toxic crowd in your head, and learn to skate with precision, learn to focus, and shoot and score and again and again until you win that championship game. The victory was already won in 2013. I learned to be a better player mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and tougher than they know how to play.
Just think about the moment, when you enter a stadium and a couple of thousand people, fans of your opponents, want to see you miss that shot. They scream, they hate, they want to see you fail. And this is exactly one of these moments, many sports legends showed what they were capable of. Despite all the influences around them, they seized the moment and performed like they never did before.

The irony of it is I have moved on and here creating my reality to even move up the next level in the game of life. They are creating their own reality making up stories, causing drama, and making a bigger mess of things, because that's all they know how to do. And today I was thinking, it's amazing how I've stepped out of that reality. The whole dam thing is so strange seeing how people do create their reality, and the enemy isn't even me, it's themselves, and together they're creating this reality with a ghost in their head of who I used to be. The person they are in self-denial that how can it be that I don't except their reality or take part in it and play the toxic insanity.
Most people never realize, but the problem is not the people surrounding them, doing things differently. It is mostly themselves. And every toxic thought is a result of a wrong attitude towards life. But since they are never wrong, why would they even think about changing something in their heads?

And it's a relief to see that I've accomplished something they may never even accomplish. Just to be able to win the victory over your own illusions and get past all that dysfunctional stuff. I'm not saying I don't still have parts of me to heal. The difference is I know that emotions and feelings just need to be cleared and let go of, and if somethings being triggered than I need to get to the root of it. I remember one of them said that money was the best tool to leave my son. I have to argue with that. The best tool I can leave my son is the ability to be able to be mentally tough and emotionally tough and teach him to become a life learner and take action. Money is like the stock market. lol Throughout your lifetime it will go up and down and fluctuate. It will constantly be changing depending on your choices.
While it's not about being better or ahead of others, doing something no one does or is afraid to do and ultimately succeed in it is a huge driving force and a very sweet feeling of satisfaction. At the end of the day, it is about going your own way. Even if you fail - you can say you at least tried, while the rest was busy thinking.

Your mind is your best defense and offense in the game of life no matter what your economic status may be presently. Your problem solving skills and not relying on someone else for anything. Never allowing someone to create your reality for you. Put together with finances you can do many great things and succeed. First you have to have your head straight.
More than true. Your mind is your weapon. You succeed with it and you lose with it.

You want to be a champion in life at anything, there is a process, practice, patience, determination, devotion, and even when you're tired, and in the deepest kind of mental, emotional, or physical pain you keep moving around the opponent, through them, over them, under them, side to side, and shoot for the goal every time, and ignore every comment they make. Doesn't matter how good of a player they think they are, if they're not practicing every day, upgrading, and keeping up with the skills, they leave that opportunity open to shoot and score and reach your goal.
It's about blood, sweat and tears. Take it or leave it. And this barrier to entry is what makes it worthwhile. Not everybody is willing to do this.

I may be lagging with getting to the finances, but honestly the whole experience was enlightening and built as one person put it, one kick a$$ person inside of me. And I have to say it's people like you that encourage me to keep moving forward. I'm always grateful for every person that adds to inspiration and adds value in creating who I become every moment. It's people like you that have made me who I am today. I have a whole line of people like you that are watching, and rooting for me all over the globe.
Step by step. And these people are the ones that count. The only ones that count.

We may have different businesses but all on the same team in different ways. I thank you for your kindness! An honored for your response. That's what the world needs is more people like you.
While we are on different paths, our personalities are similar. There are many ways to skin a cat and it wouldn't work if everybody was doing the same.

You're the kind of people I enjoy because you stand out from the crowd and make a difference. The world needs more people like you. The biggest reward is encouraging one another on the road to success.

That's the way I look at the world, It's not about one of us, it's really about all of us on this planet moving the world forward to make it a better world. Team work spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically creates a beautiful world.
To say it with Steve Job's words:

CrazyOnes_1920x1200.jpg

Happy 2015 :) May you succeed on every level and beyond.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I grew up with a lot of athletic people around me, so I guess I was thinking back in 2011 about what made them a success, and like you said, it was a lot of blood and sweat. The hockey thing is just because I spent so much time watching Robyn Bouchard, and always amazed me like you said, the crowd was nuts, he would get slammed around, but still maintain his focus. I suppose for some reason when I thought about the hockey players, that's when it all clicked.

Back than I was studying the sports coaches in football/hockey and watching sports motivation, speeches, reading their books, and had the chance to meet someone that played for Bear Bryant, and I suppose like you said, it was just having a mind like them, precision, focus, and walking out on the ice and turning off the audience (toxic people) and staying focused on the puck(my skills, training, applying, and practicing every day). No matter how much pain there was, just play right through it. Did I know I was creating at the time a brain and mind like athletes, no I didn't. I was just having faith and believing in the vision. And kind of laughed in 2014 studying sports psychology, the millionaire mindset, that some how I achieved it with out realizing it.

I've had people say, I'm not one to mess with, and not because I'm a mean person, but I understand how to set my boundaries. There's times with certain people in this world you do have to play defense and offense and know the difference. When to move and not to move, and being in balance, and staying steady in the middle of the storm.

That's what famous people do in sports or entertainment, or perhaps being a millionaire. I find it awesome actually, because for the most part in this world, there are a lot of people that try to distract you, ruffle your feathers, and I suppose hockey is just a visualization tool I use when I need to stay in balance, because I watch them be focused, maneuver through opponents, silencing the audience, naysayers, and toxic crap, get slammed up against boards. I don't do it very often, but the last few days, I have because it gets me focused and motivated to perform.

I suppose like they say sports hero's before going on the field, they listen to music, visualize their performance, and go on the ice and perform, shoot with precision and dance on their skates backwards and forwards. Sports coaches talk a lot about this, and even when they have fear to perform. It's amazing that they even have mentor's and coaches to keep them on course.

I suppose being counselor, coach, spiritual teacher, or whatever you label you want to put on it, I know I have to be the authentic real deal. I've spent time learning tons of stuff, and I suppose I know it's kind of like being a doctor of the mind. I see what doesn't work in the world, why people aren't healing, and I see to many coaches and counselors haven't walked the walk, never been through the experience, and really not helping people. I suppose that's what will make me unique. I've lived it, experienced it, applied it, and can help others. I don't have to much respect for those that try to help people and haven't done their homework and I watched other classmates I graduated with go out in the world and not do their jobs after they've been taught the same thing. When I worked in mental health I seen to many people not doing their job. And I have to laugh sometimes when I have spoke with psychologists and surprise them knowing more than they do. And why? Because they think after they graduate, they don't have to study anymore.

I've been through mental health training for some levels and they don't teach people enough to be effective. I've watched people going around in circles and never getting healed. Why? Because they're taught take pills and talk about their problems for a life time. I hang out in mental health forums and see this all the time, the clients know this and it's pretty pathetic. There's no reason for them to be where there at sometimes, and it's because they're being told what they are and that's how you succeed.

While I'm aware there are many psychologists and mental health workers trying to do there job, I understand just M.J. wrote a book on society beliefs about finances, the whole system in mental health needs to be revamped as well. The thing is people don't want to lose their jobs, their credibility, their authority and they don't say anything. I know their are psychiatrists and psychologists that don't agree with some things and now speaking out from Harvard. And it's amazing that when I entered Fast lane, it was like an awakening to see that Coaches and Mentors do a better job than some of the things I've seen. And in a sense it's almost like a huge deception what people are being told and the actual reality of overcoming your obstacles, thoughts, feelings, and emotions. The millionaire mindset, or just success mindset spells it out itself. Just the stories of how they become millionaires or famous people. Just very incredible from my point of view the differences in methods and approaches.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I've had people say, I'm not one to mess with, and not because I'm a mean person, but I understand how to set my boundaries. There's times with certain people in this world you do have to play defense and offense and know the difference. When to move and not to move, and being in balance, and staying steady in the middle of the storm.
I think this is a very crucial point. If you know how to do this and still communicate with people on the right level, so they don't think you are mean, it is great. Having a clear vision of life, clear values and boundaries of what not to do and having the guts to act accordingly is an incredibly beneficial character trait!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry this morning when I looked at my son's Facebook page. Under the stress and Pressure and Naysayer he hung up an image to the world tells them I'm thankful and blessed for my mother.

The red badge of courage of being a mother is when you can admit to your kid you screwed up and why? And point him to drive down the future road, and not keep driving down the past road. While they're driving him the wrong way around the track, it's nice to see him choosing to drive the right way down the track.

We both have our goals, but being a family is teamwork and having the right players on your team. Not the wrong ones. May 2015 push us both in victory lane even if their small victories. The win-win philosophy for all players.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
1454720_10202166234517422_3793557218533436604_n.jpg

Cheers to all the acloholics and dysfunctional people that feel the need to create drama in my life! I'll stay on the this path and thanks for the successful tips of who not to become and all the bad advice you ever gave me about success! :)
Any success you obtain will be based on your execution and nothing else, let that be known.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I agree wise one! :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I don't want to get into to much personal stuff about my son, but I see him progressing and conquering a goal in the next few weeks, and good to see he's making all the right moves and choices. I think the victory is he's got a smart mother that got in the Fast lane last year and pointed the way. There are moments where it doesn't even matter if I succeed as much as seeing him 19 and know the answers and start applying the lessons, and will get there faster and get it right in a few years from now. I suppose that's part of the legacy breaking the habits/mindsets/ and teaching your children to thrive and shine.

I know he's been watching me by example, and that is the way I think it's done. Walk the walk!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

One reflection the past few days: I understand 2015 is that year to re-invent my self. At the same time I notice on the journey of my life it seems to happen every five years. In 2005 it was a time I asked my self: How do I get myself from there to there. This was starting this journey to succeed. Divorce. Changes and transformation came to a degree of starting to be accountable for my choices and actions. At the same time not sure what that really meant. I had no clue where it would lead. I knew back then Leadership was something I was scared of and fought it. Went through College and didn't know if I could master that and I did with honor chords. 2010 began another transformation and change and the bar raised even further. Walking out of the matrix mindset. The journey's been surreal. Learning to disciplining my mind, focus, actions, behaviors, becoming a writer and communicator gaining those skills a a leader.

It seemed like and impossible task at the time. Probably the most difficult years re-inventing one's self inward and becoming self-reliant, independent, and mentally tough. That transition was difficult and pain, but probably the most wonderful experience to see how many obstacles you can over come and how many mountains you can move. Learning to trust yourself and learning you need the right team players on your team. A million lessons were in that five years. Now in 2015 here I am. Asking that question again. Raising the bar even further. What does that mean? Making tough choices again and going in a new direction. Forgetting everything I've done before now, and learning better ways to communicate more effectively. It means at the beginning again.

Once again I don't know what the future holds. Blind again. Pure faith and a leap in that faith and taking more risks and pushing myself out of the comfort zone. Stretching my limits. Introvert is just an excuse and a box. It's time to get out there on a radio stream and that urks me! Learning copy-writing, building courses, pushing my limits as a writer with my novel first and expanding on structure development, story development, dialogue, plot, etc.

Presentation skills and throwing out what I already out I've done on my business the last year all around. Not the same person, not the same writer, not the same communicator. Tearing down blogs I've had for the last five years and creating a brand that is more effective. Kill your darlings.:eek:

I suppose a year ago I would have freaked at this idea. Now I know it's just part of the process. And the difficult part of even mentor's that may feel I need be in a different direction. And then I know there's something inside telling me I'm making the right choice and moving in the right direction. Sure I'll fall at times, and make plenty more mistakes. It's the only way. And someone just asked why am I throwing away my degree. I don't see it as throwing my degree away. I can use it in all these pursuits. Psychology is psychology.

I used to want to save the world when I started my degree. Today I know people don't need saving. They are the Hero to save themselves. If I can add value and point them in the right direction, that's great, but I've learned it's their journey to discover themselves and capable of in life. And so even in the old clients I've dealt with, I believe I am not helping them or serving them at this point in time. The level of clients has to match the level of your personal growth and development. While I'm not going to ignore people if they email me etc. I will point them in the right direction, but the transformation itself in me has to move higher.

At this point in time 2015 is showing me death of the old and bringing on the new once again. It's part of the cycle. And although it's difficult sometimes to kill darlings, it's necessary.

When I challenge myself I always think Big. While I'm far from being the Babe Ruth in writing, I know I have the talent to do it, it's just putting hours and hours in the next few months and honing and disciplining those skills. I've focused on other components enough the last year, and really need to take the extra mile to focus on the novel, courses, and communication skills.

I believe being in this forum has even had a positive effect on my parenting. I may be an ocean away, but thanks to Skype I still have been effective in pointing my son in the right direction. And reaching his first victory he feels more confident and knows I'm steering him in the right direction regardless of naysayers. This journey hasn't been just about my self but him as well. And glad to see it is paying off with both of us.

I am grateful for this forum and all those that contribute to it. We'll see in the next five years if the Fastlane turns me into that winner and leader.

11127931_870796009654892_1482372775_n.jpg

My son posted this in my email yesterday. And said when you finish your novel put something similar in the back. We both had a good laugh. It's very true. It would have been done by now. The point being he recognizes who you hang out with has a cause and effect on your progress and can delay your goals. That's not to say they are bad people, but when you have naysayers and fault finders pointing you in the wrong direction, while you're going the right direction it's like a bad current or black whole in the river. You can get out, but takes longer. The best choice was making sacrifices and moving to Netherlands and even coming on this forum.

What a big difference in perceptions just since last year when I started in here. :)

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Gee, three hours of copy writing courses, opens your eyes to what you're doing wrong. :) Kill the darlings! Kill the darlings! :spititout: I think everything I've written now in the past is vomit! Time to spit it out! Interesting how you take different perspectives of writing and it opens your world to new adventure.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
https://www.facebook.com/shhhaah/videos/851998008149973/?pnref=story

I find it amazing when I woke up this morning, and my son left this video on my page and to see just one year from being on this forum has influenced his life indirectly, and know somehow even though I do a lot of the work, he seems to notice it and take it into his life. We didn't know about the Fast lane before last year, but I can say it made things clearer for both of us in our goals.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Always love the moments like right now, when it's time to accelerate and challenge myself and raise the bar. Hmm...so now time to get out of the introvert zone and get out of that crap. On the list M.J. made us write down our goals, only one thing I haven't accomplished. Podcast.
So it's my goal the last three months to get a podcast online. And know how to have conversations in dutch at least by January.

My son gave me an idea for a series tonight for young adults. :) Besides the one I already had. Think it's just time to take everything I've learned the last year from Fastlane and apply it, get some rhythm and on a schedule. Push things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.