The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make a consistent $313 a month and rising each month. Fully automated income!

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Yea, where's the price?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
So for the price the minimum I'll take is x24 the monthly profits which in march was $300.

$300 x 24 = $7,200. But since this business is 100% automated requiring no work at all to run, has timeless content that will sell years from now, and income is increasing monthly I'm looking at $9,000 - $10,000.

Kevin O'Leary would have something to say about that

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
So for the price the minimum I'll take is x24 the monthly profits which in march was $300.

$300 x 24 = $7,200. But since this business is 100% automated requiring no work at all to run, has timeless content that will sell years from now, and income is increasing monthly I'm looking at $9,000 - $10,000.
Why not borrow the money and use the income to pay the loan, like a cash-out refi in real estate?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
How about 24 times your February profits, so 24 x $60 = $1440 ;) I'm not saying that your books aren't doing well (I wish I could write that well), but your pricing should be based off of the results of a full year. You can't extrapolate one month for your pricing. I'm with Jon though. You should keep your business.

G

GuestUser113

giphy.gif

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
$10K could buy a LOT of freelancer time on Odesk
Yea, with that money anyone could build an army of freelancers and have a ton of books done, and plenty left to promote.
Making it easy to see a much fastet ROI.

G

GuestUser116

Yea, with that money anyone could build an army of freelancers and have a ton of books done, and plenty left to promote.
Making it easy to see a much fastet ROI.
It's different when someone is writing to get a fixed pay and someone who's writing for his own business. I only have 2 titles I didn't write and they ain't making jack shit. You can get tons of titles written for 10g but will they be successful??

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
It's different when someone is writing to get a fixed pay and someone who's writing for his own business. I only have 2 titles I didn't write and they ain't making jack shit. You can get tons of titles written for 10g but will they be successful??
Yes, they will be. I've spent less than half of that and have around a 294% ROI.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

You have about 7-8k of goodwill priced into that. Aint gonna happen. Try 2-3k. Your profits are too inconsistent to demand a 24x multiple.

Last edited:
G

GuestUser116

You have about 7-8k of goodwill priced into that. Aint gonna happen. Try 2-3k. Your profits are too inconsistent to demand a 24x multiple.
What do you mean inconsistent?? They've only been rising or maintaining each month.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
It's up to you, but you could just get a lending club loan if you really need money now.

G

GuestUser116

Alright I did overprice the initial price. The price is $6,200.

Last edited by a moderator:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
To me the price seems fair, but here are what my biggest concern would be if I was looking to buy your kindle business:

1. Are these sales #'s real, or did you buy your own books so that you could skyrocket the multiple? It'd only cost you $90 in amazon fees to get to $300 in sales; and
2. How are the reviews on the books holding up? Have you gotten less than 5-star reviews lately? Is that why you're selling?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
What do you mean inconsistent?? They've only been rising or maintaining each month.
Maybe inconsistent was the wrong word. csalvato described it better with "established". You have just a few months of financial history, thats not enough to base a 24x multiple on..

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
To me the price seems fair, but here are what my biggest concern would be if I was looking to buy your kindle business:

1. Are these sales #'s real, or did you buy your own books so that you could skyrocket the multiple? It'd only cost you $90 in amazon fees to get to $300 in sales; and
2. How are the reviews on the books holding up? Have you gotten less than 5-star reviews lately? Is that why you're selling?

That's a similar concern to folks buying websites. A website may look like it's bringing in $1000/mo, but the seller is buying >$1000 in Adwords traffic.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Ever looked on flippa for business prices? I have the last couple of days. I looked under established sites that just sold. I saw so many garbage sites that generate $150- $200 /month from adsense sell for like 5g -6g?? A lot of them had no income then spikes in sales too.

That seems like the way to go. Sell on Flippa.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.