The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make $100 by tomorrow

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If anyone here would like to give this a shot to make some cash on the side, I would be interested to see how it goes. Go on odesk, elance, guru, freelance.com and bid on logo design proposals (many logos you can sell for $60-100). Once someone hires you, I will create a high quality logo to meet their specifications and sell it to you for $40, then you an sell it to them for $60, $80, $100, whatever you agreed upon.

I will do any revisions to the logo for free until your client is satisfied. If you bid smart you could probably get 2-3 jobs a day easily and if your selling them at $80, your making an easy $80-120 a day ($2,240-3,360 a month)for just for bidding and brokering the deals.

I am just testing the marketplace to see how your experience "brokering" the deal is, if anyone is interested, let me know!

:cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
I'm confused about your motive lol. Curious as to why you would take a 50/50 split when you can make 100%? I'm guessing your skill level is high allowing you to do this in dbl quick time.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Well it's just a test to see how it goes but the idea is that it would be done to increase scalability. I am not going to explain it in depth but basically, for the same reasons manufacturers don't sell direct to consumers.

Oh well, I guess I will have to pay craigslist a visit then to find some motivated workers :eek:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Or I could get someone on fiverr to do it for 5 dollars :eusa_clap:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Sure pal :eusa_clap:

Quality logo's go for $60-100 all over elance, guru, etc and dont even get me started with 99designs. Why do people pay $1,000 for an iphone or $5 for a cup of coffee? Why not the free nokia or the $0.20 coffee at their house?

You make your money, I'll make mine :eusa_clap:

Edit: [/thread]

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
What exactly is your point? People pay a premium for products? Ok cool, on fiverr they have a portfolio of all there work, If I get a logo job for $100.00 I find a portfolio I like with quality work and pay them $5.00 and resell for $100.00 why would I pay you 40 with no examples or portfolio listed here.

Maybe you are higher quality maybe you arent, you give no proof either way.. Maybe you are using fiverr to fill your jobs and make 35.00 on each sale, who knows, but this is a silly thread I can agree with you on that

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Well elance charges to apply, so it would be limited for OP to keep bidding unless he upgraded his account.

What would you say is the average bid (if this is known) on elance for logo design?

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
So essentially, we're selling your services for logo design at an inflated price and keeping the difference whilst you do the work?

I like it!

How long are you intending on doing this for Mike?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Smart kid. I'll help you out if you give me some tips on how to negotiate with these people.

If I can't do it well enough I'm sure you can find some other broke college student who can.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Well elance charges to apply, so it would be limited for OP to keep bidding unless he upgraded his account.

What would you say is the average bid (if this is known) on elance for logo design?

Low end average is about $50 (sometimes you will see a couple Indian companies at $35), average is $60-80 and 90-120 on the high end. From my experience, people looking for logo's will pay a premium to use a US based designer who speaks English and is personable; that should all but eliminate the need to compete with the ultra low-end pricing out of India.

So essentially, we're selling your services for logo design at an inflated price and keeping the difference whilst you do the work?

I like it!

How long are you intending on doing this for Mike?

We'll if it works, probably just for a couple months or so. If I could scrounge up a couple grand for my software, it would be well worth the time invested.

Mike, do you have a portfolio I can show to my client? Can you do web design?
I will have one within the next 3-4 days, I am building my portfolio with real companies as we speak instead of just dummy logos. I can do just about anything in WordPress, PM me and we can talk

Smart kid. I'll help you out if you give me some tips on how to negotiate with these people.

If I can't do it well enough I'm sure you can find some other broke college student who can.

Exactly, I figured if a budding fastlaner wanted to help, I would give them the chance first. If not, I am sure craigslist has thousands of lazy people who would do this job without question. I can try and give you some tips if you would like but I have a lot more experience being the hirer than the hiree, I should get some good info to you by the end of the weekend on what works and what doesn't

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Cool. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I hope this model works for you. Granted, it's not really Fastlane but, depending on how long a logo takes to make, you could be making $1k a day while your worker bees are making $100/day.

Watch it turn into a MLM lololol

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Cool. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I hope this model works for you. Granted, it's not really Fastlane but, depending on how long a logo takes to make, you could be making $1k a day while your worker bees are making $100/day.

Watch it turn into a MLM lololol

Aha Logoway Global :rofl:

If your interested, I can do some work right off the bat. If you want to wait a couple days, I can have some info on what works and what doesn't as well as a portfolio

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Mike - I need a logo for the website you're designing for me. I'm willing to do something like this for that site. Let me know.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Aha Logoway Global :rofl:

If your interested, I can do some work right off the bat. If you want to wait a couple days, I can have some info on what works and what doesn't as well as a portfolio

I don't NEED anything right now, I'm just setting up my oDesk/eLance stuff. All I will need is some stuff for setting up my portfolio.

S

stranger

If anyone here would like to give this a shot to make some cash on the side, I would be interested to see how it goes. Go on odesk, elance, guru, freelance.com and bid on logo design proposals (many logos you can sell for $60-100). Once someone hires you, I will create a high quality logo to meet their specifications and sell it to you for $40, then you an sell it to them for $60, $80, $100, whatever you agreed upon.

I will do any revisions to the logo for free until your client is satisfied. If you bid smart you could probably get 2-3 jobs a day easily and if your selling them at $80, your making an easy $80-120 a day ($2,240-3,360 a month)for just for bidding and brokering the deals.

I am just testing the marketplace to see how your experience "brokering" the deal is, if anyone is interested, let me know!

If you're a designer, you should try zazzle.com/ I'm gonna open a small store there tomorrow. I'm not a designer anyway.

cdrag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
I have gotten all my logos done for each of my websites for anywhere from $25-30 and come with unlimited revisions. No you wont get a good one from fiverr but you also don't have to spend $100 for a logo - unless you are careless and just want to piss away money

best of luck with finding a person - Personally, I would cut out the middle man and keep 100% of the profits if I was good at designing logos.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
Don't know if this is for real or not, but I have an odesk account and am currently unemployed and behind on my expenses.. trying to ramp up my knowledge of android and javascript, but I need cash in the meantime. I have an odesk account already, but no work logged there yet. Would be interested in doing this though! Could really use the money.

brighterside

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 10, 2013
I'm Game!

Hello Mike. I'll take your offer.

I do a lot of business to business sales so for some reason new businesses keep asking me to do their logo for them. Told them I can try and look around for them since its not my expertise.

So hit me up personally.

Thanks

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
This was just an experiment I was running a couple weeks ago, not doing it any more, sorry guy.

Don't know if this is for real or not, but I have an odesk account and am currently unemployed and behind on my expenses.. trying to ramp up my knowledge of android and javascript, but I need cash in the meantime. I have an odesk account already, but no work logged there yet. Would be interested in doing this though! Could really use the money.

Oops, I missed this post somehow. Well if you live in the US, shoot me a message; I could probably get you some work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.