The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Luxury versus Freedom

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I was going through things today, dotting i's and crossing t's.
I went through all markets we can create products in and all the underlying economical processes.
I've been wanting to do that for a while but my mind just wasn't able to handle all the variables yet.
So anyways, today I just went ahead and got it done and had a look at the whole financial landscape and I noticed a very distinct concept.

Luxury versus Freedom

The way that markets work, is that they serve those who create the solutions most, then they serve those who are necessary, then those who are essential personel, etc etc, down until contractors (and outsourcing) and casual work.

The way products work, is that there are consumables (produced at greatest frequency) and costs, possesables, accesories, and lastly luxuries.

The thing about this is, MOST of the people in any of these professions can achieve luxuries, as well as all possessions and travelling costs etc etc etc.

BUT, to do it at a lower level in a company requires more work hours etc, blah blah blah.

Thing is, FREEDOM, requires greater EFFICIENCY of your work hours, which pushes you to create solutions.

So, work more for luxury, work less and solve problems for freedom
Work less and solve problems enough and you can live luxurious and free

Its not rocket science
But luxury and freedom are already attainable
Luxurious freedom, is what requires skill

Business is the ONLY way to achieve luxurious freedom, because you get an INSIDERS's rate
Because there are few professions where you can afford luxury at low hours.

So ask yourself,
What level of freedom do you want?
And at what level of luxury?
Then mathematically plot the costs per hour of work(or work intensive actions)

This will give you your exact AIM, then factor in your insurance, your retirement fund, your kids, your start up capital for pleasure project etc.

MOST people can afford some luxuries, thats not the issue.

For philanthropists: Poor countries need farms and rail/ports, to trigger industry
Freeze excess from farms and ship it, or start giving food pledges or reciepts to those who do services or give you goods and ship the results.

Boat/crew/farm per capita will be the costs
And growth will depend on production, quality and demand

In Poorer countries like east europe, think of arbitrage and trade and the net, or create a service for a whole city, or utilise the people.

In large countries, target the cracks that the society is overlooking. Identify the issue and go to the governments to implement a city wide solution, or fund it through biz savvy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012