The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for someone to teach me how to make money.

simplykickass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 11, 2015
Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
Good afternoon guys,

This is just a simple question, so I'm going to get straight to it.

Would somebody be willing to teach me how to make money? I want to learn the in's and out's and have an abundance of time to dedicate to a mentor.

Regards,

Connor.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
It covers everything you need to know.
It's a great book, but no book in the world covers everything you need to know. And yes you should read it.
Start with determining what value you can provide a mentor up front.
Look at it from his/her point of view instead of yours.
What would make him/her want to mentor you?
Instead of taking value, give value.

1up

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 11, 2014
Australia (Adelaide)
Good afternoon guys,

This is just a simple question, so I'm going to get straight to it.

Would somebody be willing to teach me how to make money? I want to learn the in's and out's and have an abundance of time to dedicate to a mentor.

Regards,

Connor.
so your asking members here who have put in years of work, had wins, had losses, put every moment of their free time learning through trial and error, sacrificing their time and willing to do what most people wont so they can one day have what most people wont have. you want these people to just teach you all their secrets in 1 post so you can automatically "make money"?

I recommend to ask a better question and you'll get a better answer.
I fear with the question you asked you'll be disappointed with the answer you receive.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
It's a great book, but no book in the world covers everything you need to know.

True. I should have written 'everything you need to know to get started.'

simplykickass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 11, 2015
so your asking members here who have put in years of work, had wins, had losses, put every moment of their free time learning through trial and error, sacrificing their time and willing to do what most people wont so they can one day have what most people wont have. you want these people to just teach you all their secrets in 1 post so you can automatically "make money"?

I recommend to ask a better question and you'll get a better answer.
I fear with the question you asked you'll be disappointed with the answer you receive.

It's sometimes better to learn from the mistake of others.. So yeah, I'm asking for someone's help to direct me properly, rather than going through trial and error of other people, and I don't automatically want to "make money".. I'm willing to put the effort, I've got the time, I've already started, made my first bit of cash online two days ago.. So I am working towards success.. Just wanting someone to teach me what they know personally.

I think its a fair enough question, and I've been happy with the answers I have received. :)
It's made me think.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

simplykickass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 11, 2015
What's in it for them?

Enables them to have a student (later on an acquaintance/friend and business partner) which gives them 100% dedication and focus.. That they can teach their personal ways too , and to get part profits of what money can be made later on from the value added to the millions of people.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Interesting point, any there many mentors out there that purely do it for the joy of teaching ;)

Those types of relationships usually grow out of a personal connection of some sort, or originate with an offer from the mentor. Time is the most valuable commodity that anyone possesses... more valuable than gold. You can get more gold, but you can never get more time.

It took a long time for me to gain control of my time, because if given the opportunity the line forms out the door for the people that would request it, expect it, or ask for it to be given to them freely. At one point in my younger entrepreneurial life, I started charging for the advice that people requested for free, and watched the line out the door recede. You don't go to the doctor's office and ask for a free checkup, nor do you go to the mechanic and expect a free break job. I never really understood the phenomonon of people that would go to the entrepreneur anticipating free business consultation. "Teach me everything you know that you gained through a lifetime of struggle... and if possible do it in the half hour I have allotted to buy you a cup of coffee."

Guard your time.

I do not think the OP's request is that way, though. I think you see someone willing to do what it takes.

To the OP... you will find what you are looking for. This thread might turn into advice for you on HOW to find a mentor, and there is a lot written here on the forum about that. You likely will not find a mentor here on the forum (maybe) but you can find the information on how to find a mentor here. Good luck!

simplykickass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 11, 2015
Those types of relationships usually grow out of a personal connection of some sort, or originate with an offer from the mentor. Time is the most valuable commodity that anyone possesses... more valuable than gold. You can get more gold, but you can never get more time.

It took a long time for me to gain control of my time, because if given the opportunity the line forms out the door for the people that would request it, expect it, or ask for it to be given to them.

Guard your time.

To the OP... you will find what you are looking for. This thread might turn into advice for you on HOW to find a mentor, and there is a lot written here on the forum about that. You likely will not find a mentor here on the forum (maybe) but you can find the information on how to find a mentor here. Good luck!
Thank you for the response Vigilante, It does mean alot..And your right, time is the one commodity that you cannot buy or buy back. Ever last second counts.

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
Enables them to have a student (later on an acquaintance/friend and business partner) which gives them 100% dedication and focus.. That they can teach their personal ways too , and to get part profits of what money can be made later on from the value added to the millions of people.

turn yourself in a person that a potential mentor can´t afford to lose.

The information you can gather, the contacts you have, the access to certain resources your mentor really need. It doesnt matter what you have. As long it benefits your mentor.

It is hard to get something that a mentor may want, but nothing worth on life comes easily.

Is just common sense. Give me something i want and i will give you what you want . So we can benefit both.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited by a moderator:

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Used to think like that also. Then I found someone who could help me.
Pretty close to me also.

All I had to do was get up out my chair, open my door, go to the bathroom, flick the light switch on.

And Look in the mirror.

Nobody can make money for you, or go through the process for you.
Not saying that people won't help,
but in the end it's gotta be you who just starts and doesn't stop till you get it.

Ready, Fire, Aim.

P.s, the Answer you're looking for is GIVE and you shall receive.

Msg me I'll send you a book.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
It's sometimes better to learn from the mistake of others

Sometimes, but most times, you have to go through the process in order to learn what not to do, or what TO do. Going through a difficult process also raises the barrier to entry for your potential competitors. Don't fight failures. I know I'm not.

simplykickass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 11, 2015
turn yourself in a person that a potential mentor can´t afford to lose.

The information you can gather, the contacts you have, the access to certain resources your mentor really need. It doesnt matter what you have. As long it benefits your mentor.

It is hard to get something that a mentor may want, but nothing worth on life comes easily.

Is just common sense. Give me something i want and i will give you what you want . So we can benefit both.

Thanks for the advice Wuz. Will work on what I can give of value.

@Raoul Duke bumped the following thread earlier and I'd like to just post the link here for the OP to read through.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...n-mistakes-made-when-asking-for-advice.15636/

Don't just read the first post. Read through the entire thread. Some Gold in there.

Thanks, will give it a read through today.

Used to think like that also. Then I found someone who could help me.
Pretty close to me also.

All I had to do was get up out my chair, open my door, go to the bathroom, flick the light switch on.

And Look in the mirror.

Nobody can make money for you, or go through the process for you.
Not saying that people won't help,
but in the end it's gotta be you who just starts and doesn't stop till you get it.

Ready, Fire, Aim.

Msg me I'll send you a book.

Well I better start working on what to give then, Thanks heaps Silverhawk. PM'd you aswell :)

Sometimes, but most times, you have to go through the process in order to learn what not to do, or what TO do. Going through a difficult process also raises the barrier to entry for your potential competitors. Don't fight failures. I know I'm not.

That is true, Life is our teacher.

Thanks biggeemac.

Get in line

Your # is 1,959,182

Expected wait time: Eternity

Look's like I'll have to jump the line and do it myself. ;)

posted this before, worth a repost:

minute 4:45 - 13:00 talks about mentorship.

Will definitely watch that today. Thanks for the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
@simplykickass - the best way to get a mentor is by not looking for one. Let them find you. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, report back and let others learn from your experiences. Mentors don't want to hold anyone's hand. Prove them that you are one of the few that have the drive to start by themselves, and they will come and walk some miles of your path with you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.