The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for some thoughts/opinions

Which name do you like more for a Online Business tool marketplace?

• Venture Blend

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Startup Evolution

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Hey everyone. I was hoping to get the opinion of at least a few of you on the direction of my site.

1. I am in the process of transitioning my site from being more of a blog/magazine format to a format focused on connecting entrepreneurs & startups with products and small business technology. My questions for you are:
- What problems do you face when currently shopping for business tools & technology?
- What key information do you look for when deciding on tools/technology to use for your business?

2. I know business/domains names are trivial, but I still wanted to get your opinion. My current site is VentureBlend.com. I purchased the domain StartupEvolution.com, with the idea of it being a separate blog where I would just write about steps I'm taking to build my 'main' site, but I'm wondering if that name might be actually better as the main site to cover online business tools/technology. My concern with the name Venture Blend, is that people may assume the site is related to venture capital, which it's not at all (even though all businesses are obviously considered ventures). So which name do you like more, Venture Blend or Startup Evolution?

Thanks in advance. I'd be real grateful for any opinions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I actually like both. I prefer VentureBlend but definitely could see how that relates to venture capital, as opposed to start ups. The way to solve that is a huge tag line that clears up any confusion within 2 seconds upon a new visitor.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
What key information do you look for when deciding on tools/technology to use for your business?
Obviously it has to do what I need it to do, but I typically find out what the top people doing exactly what I want to do are using. Sort of piggybacking on their research. If there is a common theme like 6 of the top 10 people are using certain software, I'll start there.

My concern with the name Venture Blend, is that people may assume the site is related to venture capital
This was the subconscious thought I had when I saw it in the poll. I like them both as well, but prefer Startup Evolution because it's clear it's about startups and "Evolution" sort of has this natural novelty/mystery to it that makes me want to at least check it out.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Obviously it has to do what I need it to do, but I typically find out what the top people doing exactly what I want to do are using. Sort of piggybacking on their research. If there is a common theme like 6 of the top 10 people are using certain software, I'll start there.

I plan on adding more interviews to allow people to learn what tools people in different industries are using (even including books and educational resources people have benefited from).

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I like Startup Evolution.

With a great tagline the service will be very clear.

Venture Blend made me think of venture capital, and seemed off (based on the description of what you're offering).

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Thanks guys..some helpful info so far. keep the responses coming.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.