The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living Without Coupon Codes

itsmilton

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 17, 2012
Nigeria
Hello Guys,
I have this issues that has been bugging me for a long time and I feel I should ask for advice on what to do. This applies to many of use beginners who are yet to get into the fastlane and are still surviving with the 9-5 jobs, your advice and suggestions will go a long way.

How can one survive with his/her 9-5 salary earnings without using coupon codes?
Take a typical scenario like myself: I do a 9-5 job with a salary of about $1200 monthly. Couple with the way things are, I would love to start my own business in other to survive the hard times and at the same time looking for ways to manage my income without depending on coupon codes, what do I do to really live within my $1200 monthly earnings and without coupon codes?

Your ideas and advice will be appreciated

itsmilton

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GTC1187

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 21, 2011
Austin, TX
Do you mean AdWords Coupons or Discount Codes to receive a certain percentage off from your order?
Thanks,
Grant

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
itsmilton,

If I'm understanding you right... Continue to maximize savings by "clipping coupons" and taking advantage of deals and offers. Nothing wrong with that. It will leave you with more money to focus on your fastlane. I don't believe anyone here is against good buys. Are you asking this because MJ talked about people who go to extremes to capitalize on petty deals? In his book he talks about people who will stand in line for hours and go to extremes just to get a "good buy" just for the sake of saving 10 bucks (or for the free 6 dollar bucket of chicken...)

If you want to utilize money saving techniques in order to feed your fastlane, go for it!

All the best,

Cory

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Without any detail, all I can really suggest is minimise your expenses. Are you in a bigger/flasher house than you need? Move somewhere cheaper. Do you treat yourself to a lot of luxuries (dinners out etc)? Cut back. You need to look at the basics you need to achieve your objectives, and anything else needs to be put off. So, you may come up with a list that is something like
Rent $400/month
Food $200/month
Power $100/month
Phone/Internet $50/month
Subtotal $750/month

These are madeup figures, of course, you'd need to work out your own values, but in this example you'd then plan out how the remaining $450/month can be put to best use towards your goals. At the moment maybe it's going towards car repayments, going to the movies, partying, whatever. Reevaluate your priorities, be honest with yourself, and decide what you want to do. Can you go without luxuries for however long it takes you to realise your goals - be it 3 months, 3 years, whatever?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GTC1187

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 21, 2011
Austin, TX
Without any detail, all I can really suggest is minimise your expenses. Are you in a bigger/flasher house than you need? Move somewhere cheaper. Do you treat yourself to a lot of luxuries (dinners out etc)? Cut back. You need to look at the basics you need to achieve your objectives, and anything else needs to be put off. So, you may come up with a list that is something like
Rent $400/month
Food $200/month
Power $100/month
Phone/Internet $50/month
Subtotal $750/month

These are madeup figures, of course, you'd need to work out your own values, but in this example you'd then plan out how the remaining $450/month can be put to best use towards your goals. At the moment maybe it's going towards car repayments, going to the movies, partying, whatever. Reevaluate your priorities, be honest with yourself, and decide what you want to do. Can you go without luxuries for however long it takes you to realise your goals - be it 3 months, 3 years, whatever?

I never had goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.