The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let the anger go

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I must have gone through 15 wine bottles and some vodka to get past my anger at sh#theads in business.
It wasn't because I was drowning anything, it was because, holding the truth in my mind for several months to heal the true problem left me with no fun at all in my day.
So I'd give myself a break, chuck on music, or a silly movie, get barely tipsy and it would let me laugh and dance.

It was important to me to give myself a break from being too serious. And since I was seriously angry holding all that truth infront of myself, a healthy couple glasses of wine a day, was the most controlled way I could ease the pressure off.

My point isn't that drinking is good, my point is that SEEING what you are angry about is the only way to really get past it, and an approach that works, is to never let the pressure off TOO MUCH.

If you drink too much, slack too much, get angry too much, you end up getting in tailspins.
You need to take it steady, slow, and respect that you are a person that needs a little relief (not so much, but just enough to crack a daily smile).

So, two months later from ground zero of the truth, the flames came to a simmer, and my smile became a daily habit (I don't drink now, no point, its better when its natural, but you can't always do it natural). I eventually have found my peace with the a##holism, without REACTING to it, or contorting my principles to conform to that sh#tty existence.

I now gained an awareness of why they are such jerks, and WHY I can let it go, that works for me.
It is an emotional understanding, 2 months in the making, that took a lot of self control to refine and smooth out, so it might not make sense for you personally, but I'll do my best to try to explain it.

Yes everyone is a d#ck. Weak. And they take advantage of their natural strengths to shame anyone of different nature in a search for a "homeostasis" closer to utopia.
AND there is no redemption for that, no backing down that makes it right.

But I keep seeing this idea, of a man who fishes with a child.
The man fishes alone all his life and fishes to eat, and over time loses respect for the life of the fish.
The child learns to fish quickly after his fathers short and factual lessons and in his joy he keeps pulling up small fish, and chucks them onto the road behind him. 20 or so fish pile up behind him, and not a single one can get eaten. But he is high on this "idea", and thinks the fish is not really sentient or whatever.

The man in seeing this doesn't scorn the child. He goes off and thinks. And as he thinks he is moved to fish. So he catches all these fish while trying to think, and in each one he pulls up, he sees his childs pile of fish on the road, and he "pays a toll" in his mind then lets the fish go.

He does this for weeks.

The father takes the child fishing again and teaches, "we sometimes catch them to eat, sometimes to marvel, and other times, we respect their life and give them back so that we never forget what they are".
The child catches a big fish and gives it back, and later on when they are hungry they catch a fish to eat and the child asks "do we let it go", and the father says "no, this one we eat, but we don't forget the ones we free".

Its just a simple idea that kept running through my head, until it helped me let it go.
The point isn't that you should give money back etc, the point is that, we should not lose touch with the "life" in something as simple as a fish.

I'm not saying fish are sentient and we should be hippy about it, the fish is a metaphor for people without a face. A member of the crowd. Just "some guy".

The fishing metaphor kinda allowed me to let go of my anger, because I started to realise, that we are not fish, but even if we ARE. What is right?

I came to deepen my understanding of the value of each "victory" we take.

I am not an angry father yelling at the child. I just fish...
And I remember to give some back (victories).

Like I said, I haven't backed down from the hard truth.
I went through a lot of wine just to crack a daily smile, because it was tough to hold in my mind.
But as I gave it time, as I gave a##holes the firey gaze, as I slowly paused to smile and think.
Something as simple as a fish swimming away, made me feel good enough, that I relieved the pressure, even while I see the horrible way people can be.

I've let it go.

But I'm not stupid, or naive, or supressing things.
I've gone through things I can't forget or "just let slide".
And I know its not going to change.
And I know I have to be ready.

But I know that the more balanced I feel, while holding that fish in my hand, the more happiness I feel in the times I'm given a break, and the more peace I can feel in the depths of sh#t I will probably be thrust into more times before it is done and settled.

We can't always stop things from happening, but we can choose how we face them.

The anger is not bad. Sometimes it is an acknowledgement of truth, or the purging of unhealthy denial (sh#t holding you back). It is how you face the anger that matters.

I took my time. I gave a cr#p about how I felt. I had a daily smile even though I held that anger up to the light of day for what it was. I found a mood amidst the chaos. I felt ok.

I didn't let go of the anger, I just let go, of blaming it for the pain.

I know people are jerks, I know they disrespect us all like kids throwing fish on the road, and I don't forget the pain that creates and the lengths it takes to get past it, I just take it a step at a time.
And the step I am now able to take, is to let the pain go, so the anger can be about what is ACTUALLY wrong, and not how it affects me alone.

You can't truly see clearly, if you think it only relates to you. You have to respect the life of that fish, and in doing so, let go of your pain, in the pursuit of respect for the simplicity of life.

Respect the fishes
Let the anger not be about your pain
Smile a little until your mindset catches up
Then when you are ready... Let it go
images

Just that little story, that feeling of giving that fish back.
Makes it not about me.
And its the self, that eats you alive.

That father, never understood fishing, until he had someone to share it with. Only then did he question the "facts" and add a deeper understanding to his life.

I thank the fishes, for getting me through my arrogance.
Even though people are D#CKS!
Its ok.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
"What do you do with the mad that you feel
When you feel so mad you could bite?
When the whole wide world seems oh, so wrong...
And nothing you do seems very right?

What do you do? Do you punch a bag?
Do you pound some clay or some dough?
Do you round up friends for a game of tag?
Or see how fast you go?

It's great to be able to stop
When you've planned a thing that's wrong,
And be able to do something else instead
And think this song:

I can stop when I want to
Can stop when I wish.
I can stop, stop, stop any time.
And what a good feeling to feel like this
And know that the feeling is really mine.
Know that there's something deep inside
That helps us become what we can.
For a girl can be someday a woman
And a boy can be someday a man."

What Do You Do with the Mad that You Feel?
By Fred M. Rogers
© 1968

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
You are still full of anger, you haven't let shit go, and I will keep calling you out on it until you stop pussyfooting around it.

Are the specific issues that occurred (NOT METAPHORS) something you're willing to post on a public forum? I'd bet it'd be a lot more helpful than writing a thousand words and not saying anything concrete at all. You cannot get a second opinion/reflection/understanding from people who don't know what it is you're saying.

What happened to you? I think you were a lot happier once.

Are you addicted to being angry?

The reason that I'm calling you out (for the 2nd time) is because seeing your rants is rather tiring. They don't offer progressive value to either you, or us, because you are not tying back your metaphors to specific life situations, and as a result of which, are not getting any understanding from us.

Please make a rant where you describe a specific situation(s) that caused you to feel this way in succinct detail. Perhaps you'll learn something important from that, we certainly will.

D

Deleted21704

"What do you do with the mad that you feel
When you feel so mad you could bite?
When the whole wide world seems oh, so wrong...
And nothing you do seems very right?

What do you do? Do you punch a bag?
Do you pound some clay or some dough?
Do you round up friends for a game of tag?
Or see how fast you go?

It's great to be able to stop
When you've planned a thing that's wrong,
And be able to do something else instead
And think this song:

I can stop when I want to
Can stop when I wish.
I can stop, stop, stop any time.
And what a good feeling to feel like this
And know that the feeling is really mine.
Know that there's something deep inside
That helps us become what we can.
For a girl can be someday a woman
And a boy can be someday a man."

What Do You Do with the Mad that You Feel?
By Fred M. Rogers
© 1968
IIRC, this is the same poem Mr Rogers recited in his testimony to Congress to defend PBS in 1969. It's 6 minutes watching a master at work. The $20m in funding he was looking for then equates to ~$130m in today's money.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Hahaha!
Amazing

"looks like you just earned the 20 million dollars"

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
All my life I've grown up around the Lake and fishermen. Those have been some of the greatest moments of life. Anger never was a part of those memories. The waves teach you to move with the flow. The stormy seas can swallow the pier and laying in the middle and watching twenty foot waves from both sides touch each other with me underneath, I felt the anger of the lake. I also felt the calmness and peace. Frustrations come with tangled lines. Gobies are thrown out of the lake and on the cement. They're bad for Lake Michigan. I've even had a knife cut my hand to the bone cleaning fish.

My son fished everyday under a small bridge on another lake. He explored and we caught garbage, weeds, big fish, and little fish. It was a time of tranquility and joy we shared in nature. We met other fishermen along the way that were always kind and friendly. We shared conversations about life and stories of fishing.

Anger is your emotions and feelings. Your focus is on the pain and suffering of certain and events past or present. My uncle died this week. In my own selfishness I'm over here starting a business and angry at the rest of the family, but not him. It seems so trivial at the announcement of his death. I couldn't remember or recall one incident that I was ever in an argument with him, or mad at him. I remember he was a hero in my life. In all the unstability in my life as a baby and as I grew he always did the right thing and there was always a bit of laughter, smiles, inspiration, and play as in fishing, riding horses, snowmobiling, or other board games.

All I can remember in his presence is the example of love, hard work, dedication, devotion, and responsibility. He was one of the greats in my life. Maybe not great for anyone else. He never judged me. Never ridiculed me.

Perhaps you just have to remember the people that love and inspire. The great people in the world that have touched your life with inspiration and love. I could have been angry because I never got to say goodbye. In my heart, I know he would tell me to continue on and follow my path. Maybe his death was to remind me that even though other people are crappy in the world that there are some great people. He knows why I couldn't be there. He knows I love him.

Between me an him everything was always a happy dance. Anger is natural and normal. Also can eat you away. Acceptance is necessary to understand you can never make everyone happy in the world. Not everyone will agree with you. Not everyone will approve of you. Someone yesterday, told me I was God's gift. Another one said, today I am an extraurdinary person. You have to just be blessed with those that recognize your soul as a good one when you touch their lives. When they touch yours, you recognize them.

Does it matter if you have everyone in the world's attention and stamp of approval? Do you need validation of your self-worth? You simply do not. And the moments when you drown in liquid poison as I call it, it magnifies the pain and suffering. It causes the depression and negativity to grow deeper.

Sooner, or later you will have to rise above your past, rise above the circumstances, and rise above death. When you hang on to death emotionally, mentally, spiritually, you stop yourself from succeeding. Dwelling on all the wrong things in life of the past, the people that don't give you attention, acknowledgement, approval, and love are the one's to teach you to hold onto life. Life is living truly whether they're or not.

Someone once told me that others need you to choose life and succeed so they can too. If you're sitting around depressed, and not choosing life, no one else around you can flourish either.

I listened to this video every day for a year. It was hard to move at the time in my circumstances. The odds were stack up against me. I needed that message every day to remind me to get up and be the leader I am. It motivated me to do my best every day! I still listen to it when I need to be reminded to do my best. That video hit a huge part of what I needed to do and that was get past the anger and pain and suffering and even if I wanted to give up and quit and the world thought I was shit, to keep going. And I could relate to it burning. And I wanted to say the same thing. That video showed me as long as I didn't quit and kept going I could move mountains no matter how many people were slamming me in every direction. You have to pull that shit out of yourself and no one else on this earth can do it for you. So, you can rant all you want too, but you have to face your giants. You listen to the words and pick your shit up off the ground and keep moving.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Yeah, I did need to push further (be more precise).
But just for the record, you gotta get to the game FIRST.

But you are right.
I need to ADD a few more big habits, I can't just be all grind.

I gotta roll with things better. I gotta look at things different. I gotta get after those opportunities I have. And I gotta face it in general, better.

:tiphat:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
If you ever watched a football team in practice every summer in the middle of August, or a hockey team, soccer team on off season, they're not at the game first. They're working out physically, eating right, practicing every day for hours and hours mastering their skills and training, their learning play by play, rehearsing the movements, visualizing, meditating, watching video after video how they moved on the field, what they were doing wrong, and how to change it before the game. If you can't do it now. You can't do it when the game comes.

What exactly are you doing to prepare for the game? They are focused, determined, dedicated, devoted, to reach the goal. You're thinking to much. Making up excuses why you're not moving. You're getting stuck. The opportunities are there every day. You miss them because the focus is somewhere else. If you're not going to prepare for the game every day you can't play the game 100%.

A foot ball player doesn't stand with the ball and wait for everyone to come tackle them because they're focused on something else instead of the game. You're objective is to get to the goal, under, over, side to side, or through the opponents.

I think you have to figure out why? Why are you here in the first place? As a professor once told me when I lost my self-confidence, "You're hearts not in it." People see it. And until you're hearts in it and you get your self-confidence back you're not going anywhere.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
A thanks to formless for him standing up straight to me. Mattie too of course (I'll be taking that advice).

Formless said that I should talk about the real issue. But as I've come to realise now. I never really understood the real issue until just before.

The real issue is ego.
I was trying to not get involved in ego battles everywhere. I was being awesome, making successes, and felt untouchable.
Then my landlord pulled sh#t, and I could not avoid it 100%.
I tried.

I did everything I could to stay out of the ego battle. I ignored what was happening, set up a new place and did all my work while moving/on the road.

But, it cut into like the soul of my business ideas, stalling me a few months and yadda yadda yadda. All this cr#p that I was p#ssed off about.

I tried to avoid the ego battle in the healing process, by just trying to put more effort into things.
But what I didn't realise, was that by putting more effort into it, I was playing to my ego.

Mattie is right, my heart wasn't in it and I need to train like I play.
But the thing was... I was untouchable until sh#t came and FOUND me.
And I thought I could just keep doing that same strategy I was already doing...
But it actually wasn't free of ego in the end.

So... I guess I can't avoid the fact that egos come into this. They do.
What I am now doing, is asking why I felt scared.
And I have chosen to face my weakness.

If I'm going to find the heart Mattie is talking about, formless is right, I gotta stand up to this sh#t, not apply all this effort at some hidden ego battle crap.

Yeah I tried to avoid ego, but, maybe you can't. And you have to learn to face it better.

I'm glad I have that visual of the fish though. I was way too angry to face it before (like how dare that trivial cr#p challenge me, right?) it was stupid.

But I do see others doing what I did. Putting in all that extra effort because someone came along and stuck a finger in your process. But I guess we have to face it, in some way, in order to really reset the clock.

Yes they delay your business plans, but what they really delayed was your heart.
They got you afraid. Afraid that they could take the whole thing away, when you feel unstoppable and on track.

The natural reaction is to just kinda push back, but the wise action, is to fix who you are by looking at the weakness they struck.

I'll be honest. I always get shafted by d#ckheads when I live some place. It is always just a matter of time before they either get too cocky (from it being good) or too shitty (from it not being perfect enough) and the person expells their sh#t at me. I leave of course, cu it is their bullsh#t not mine.

But I'm always always always moving. And I'm not like others, with safety at their back (like someone to call on to pay or give you a place for a bit). I literally just move and face it without safety ties.

This has given me the experience of understanding that people everywhere hold the same superficial petty shit in their hearts. And its a cruel realisation.

So, I was standing there looking at my beach side view, my roaring business plans, and I saw a real future. I could touch it. It was beautiful.

So when the pettiness resurfaced. I just didn't want to face it.

But now I realise, it is the exact reason why I should face it.
I can't keep "moving" because douches have idiocy in them.
It is just, I am not emotionally developed enough to understand what it was I really needed to do.

I have to face my weakness and face the challenge of that emotional maturity, and fight for that vision I had. Get it back.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
If you ever watched a football team in practice every summer in the middle of August, or a hockey team, soccer team on off season, they're not at the game first. They're working out physically, eating right, practicing every day for hours and hours mastering their skills and training, their learning play by play, rehearsing the movements, visualizing, meditating, watching video after video how they moved on the field, what they were doing wrong, and how to change it before the game. If you can't do it now. You can't do it when the game comes.

I used to play Rugby. Its alot like the military at higher levels. Run, push, go go go!
The real heart in the game was always just when the game became real.
It only happens rarely, but when the game becomes real, everyone plays, cuz they have to.
There is a beautiful syncronicity to it.

I think though that business just like sports isn't in the drills. Sometimes its in life, sometimes its things that are OUTSIDE the game just that little bit, that changes things.

My point is, I know it is still business, if it impacts how I do business.
If someone f#cks with me in real life, and it f#cks with business, then its not completely unrelated to business...

This wasn't a problem with process or product (like on the profit), it was a problem with the people. And people can't be fixed with drills and routines. It is always more than that.

I think that this stuff IS real business.
I think
I face it NOW so clearly, BECAUSE my process and product has no grave issue.
And I gotta say, this part is JUST as hard as all the rest.
But hey, I'll get through it, I promise :)

I dunno, maybe I need help.
Maybe I can't beat this people problem alone.
Maybe I'm angry cuz this weakness I have, is letting down someone I care about.

Like I said, its not process or my products where I'm letting them down.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
And people can't be fixed with drills and routines. It is always more than that.
The more than that is, it's not your job to fix or save other people. It's not your job to fix or save anyone else from themselves, but you.
maybe I need help.
Who can help you better than you? As a professor of mine said, "If you can't advocate for yourself, than you can never advocate for other people." The same professor said to me, " I know you have the ability and the potential. I just hope someday you love yourself enough to rise above the negatives and be the leader I've seen you be."
Maybe I can't beat this people problem alone.
Maybe I'm angry cuz this weakness I have, is letting down someone I care about.
If you believe you can't. I suppose that's your outcome.

This is the thing. You're not a beginner at this. You know what to do to take care or all this, you're just not taking the steps to take care of your mindset, emotions, feelings, and pull yourself out of this negative funk. You're in a better position than other people on this forum. You have opportunities. You've learned things in the process to take care of yourself. I'm not sure exactly what you expect in someone helping you? Pretty much it's you creating the situation and not taking the steps to get yourself in a better mindset.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
This is the thing. You're not a beginner at this. You know what to do to take care or all this, you're just not taking the steps to take care of your mindset, emotions, feelings, and pull yourself out of this negative funk. You're in a better position than other people on this forum. You have opportunities. You've learned things in the process to take care of yourself. I'm not sure exactly what you expect in someone helping you? Pretty much it's you creating the situation and not taking the steps to get yourself in a better mindset.

Sometimes you need a wall to prop against, or the bag you are carrying, doesn't let you think straight, or see yourself.

I know I'm better off.
It makes me feel sad, so I never get to the point of seeing I need to pull my butt outta the situ.

I mean what can I do. I put all my strength into so many things at once. I get tunnel vision from the sweat.
:/

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sometimes you need a wall to prop against, or the bag you are carrying, doesn't let you think straight, or see yourself.

Hanging on to the wall would give me the conclusion there must be something wrong with your balance. Maybe like a horse on the track that has broken his leg. They usually shoot the horse so it doesn't have to feel anymore pain and suffering. I know that sounds shocking and cruel. You're not a horse.

Ruffian was a sad story. Even if people tried to help her, she died in the end because she injured herself even further and did it to herself. Point being it's not going to matter what anyone says to you or how they try to help you, you can only hurt yourself because you're doing what Ruffian did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruffian_(horse) I encourage you to read Ruffian's story.

The worst enemy is yourself. I suppose it's very simple to let go of the bag.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Hanging on to the wall would give me the conclusion there must be something wrong with your balance

Some things are naturally out of balance and finding an approach to them takes time to mature.

I suppose it's very simple to let go of the bag.

At first this annoyed me, but then I realised you'd just say "exactly, you are annoyed because its true". But I'm smarter than that.

You know why I'm actually annoyed?

Cuz blame it on me, right?

Tell me its my fault and I need to change right?

How can you go wrong? Because in every situation, self improvement if not the cause is always a direction towards improvement right?

I realise that you guys empathise with my need to "get at it deeper".
So thankyou for your empathy and tokens of support.

But I think the real problem is realler than "self help". Now, I'm not saying I am ABOVE "self" help I'm just saying that I believe that the challenge I am facing is bigger than "self help" attitudes.

It is a dirty, nasty job.

But...
Blame it on me right?
I get it.

It took me a little, but I now realise you guys are just sharing in my shitty problem.
And to be honest, I shouldn't really be asking that of you.

This is mine to hold.
And I will,
Rogue,

images

I know how to carry stuff I want to
So will get to it

:smoking:

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I believe that the challenge I am facing is bigger

It goes something like this there's a big mountain in front of you, because for what ever reason you're dwelling on all the reasons why it's bigger. Instead of staying in the now. There's some things you can't control in life. There's somethings you can't fix. There's moment's where your hands are tied. There's times you can't see what the future holds.

There are no guarantee's in life. Not with anything. Blame isn't what it's about? Blame should just be out of your vocabulary. It is simple to drop the bag. What are you responsible for in this world? You're responsible for your emotions, feelings, beliefs, thoughts. No one else's. When it comes to relationships, you're not responsible for how they act, behave, react, or respond. How they take things you say, or do.

I used to hear this on a daily basis. "How hard is it to let go." Seriously, I wasn't even aloud to say anything about my problem. It was what can you create or co-create in the now. What's the lesson here? What are you hanging on too, that doesn't apply to your life today? Relationships, thoughts, emotions, false beliefs, negative beliefs, beliefs about relationships, beliefs about success, beliefs about just about anything and everything. Beliefs about business?

Some false beliefs we hang onto like an old toy, because we've made habits over the years. Thinking patterns. Everything has to do with your perceptions, beliefs, and the way you look at the world around you.

Some of it is learning to accept things. You have to accept the fact that the world has it's light and dark side to things. Everything has it. Even you. You have to accept that everyone else does. There's nothing you can do to change it. All you can do is change how you respond to the world. Instead of reacting to it and be resistant to life, change, and relationships, learn to respond to it without losing your balance.

The past is totally irrelevant to the "Now". The past is not who you are in the now. The present is all you have. The future isn't here yet. Uncertainty of the future will always be there. You can stare at the moment forever, be stuck in the past and stare at the mountain you've created in your mind. It's a lot of wasted time and energy. Fortunately, this is where you choose to be in this moment. You may be resistant to other people's reality, because where you are right now is safe for you. I'm not going to tell you it's the wrong place. The truth is only found when you take the trail of self-discovery, learn about the world, self-improve, and stop seeing the mountain.

When I had my mountain in 2010, I can tell you that it was sidewalk mindset, listening to sidewalk messages from other people, and telling myself the same thing. I was dwelling on the past mistakes and failures. I was scared of the future, didn't know what to do. I was in grief from losing everything from materialism, money, job, three deaths, and I created a big mountain in my mind. Fortunately, no one else could make that mountain disappear, but me. I had to change my thinking, belief system, and self-improve every day. I had to stop looking to the outside world for love, validation, approval, acceptance, and stand on my own two feet.

I had to let go of worrying about everyone else's life, problems, emotions, feelings, and what they need and want. I got friends pissed at me, and walked away from them because I couldn't stay in the same mindset and problems like them. I used to think they needed me, that some how I was helping them by listening to their problems over and over again like a broken record. You can't get get out of the victim mindset by hanging out with victims.

You can't become a legend horse like Ruffian running with broken down horses. You can't be racing on the track with horses that don't go as fast as you. You have to run with the elite horses to have the right mindset, habits, behaviors, and you may be riding in the back of the pack until you learn and train every day. You learn to ride in the middle and keep up with some of them, and one day if you work hard enough you learn to ride with the front riders.

If you're a legend you become the front runner and the best in the world. Not everyone will get there, and some will fall and break their legs like Ruffian. Everyone of us has had to do the same thing to get there. For some reason you think you're different than the rest of us. It is a process and this is part of the process getting past what ever you're stuck on.

If you have access to horses in your area just by even a fence, I dare you to go see what happens right now when you walk up to that horse. As I have them around me. I walked up to one fence and 8 horses stormed over to me to say Hello. My bf laughs because when we go on walks the Horses always come to greet me. Horses are a mirror. They know when you're not being authentic and genuine, they know when you're in pain and suffering, they know when you're in fear. And the way you move they will move.

I'm not a horse expert. I just learn from everything in the world. When I'm around animals I learn about their nature as well as my own. For another example, when I was a nurse aide, I was out in the parking lot and a deer wasn't that far from me. If you have a gentle spirit, the deer won't be frightened. If you have fear you'll freak out the deer. Another nurse aide was terrified and wasn't sure how I could get that close.

You have to understand you're human nature, you're weaknesses and turn them into strengths. You also have to be authentic and learn to trust yourself. Fortunately, these things can't be taught, you have to learn some things on your own.

Maybe you have to learn whether you want to be a good race horse or a broken down horse that just hangs out in corral eating hay all day.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
"sometimes we put the fish back, to remember its value"
People are too stuck in their hamster wheels to put fish back and remember. I'll stand by that.

And it DOES cause a load of problems. Just like racehorses running the race too early.
People are NOT calm, and they spoil all their potential agility and power on things that are SIMPLE and fail to save it all up for the things that are difficult.

Yes its annoying as f#ck. And NO I won't permit it. (and yes I understand lazy a##holes want their cake and to eat it too)
Forgiveness is not a prerequisite for effective business to me though.

It is all a means to an end. And we have to make do with things as they ARE.
I'm not happy with that, who is?
But I can stop being shocked by it, and just have faith in my best.

I'll just shrug it off.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.