The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keeping in control when creating a side branch business with an existing business?

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for information regarding the best type of agreement/legal structure when creating a side branch business with an existing business.

An opportunity has arisen for me to partner with an existing company in developing an e-learning side to their business offering certified online training programs.

When analyzing the possibility using the "N-E-C-S-T" assessment, it looks good though I am unsure about the "C" -control aspect of things.

Our arrangement would be to go 50/50 in this business but I don't understand what the best structure is legally. I don't own any part of the existing company, and want to make sure even though our agreement states 50% of the revenue made goes to me, I have a level of control and cant suddenly become superfluous to its needs.

Advice would be much appreciated thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.