The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Spoony

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I read the fastlane!! And good god has this probably been the best book I have ever read. My life has forever changed. MJ DeMarco I cannot thank you enough for your writing. Chapters 23 & 24 really spoke to me, as harping about the past has always been an issue of mine. Now I can see I am just being silly--I am only 21 years old! Your writing style and diction made it very easy to connect with you. Like I said, you are THE MAN for writing this book... My post-grad plans are now very different come spring 2017.

Bro Zen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 10, 2016
Socal
I read it, and it was truly inspiring. You made me into a believer and I was very anti-entrepreneurial after being burnt by crooked partners years ago.

Anyway, I have a plan and I'm actually working on it in my free time. I can't quit my dayjob until I see real money coming in and I find those steady 5% investments I read about but maybe someday soon..

seanjohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 15, 2012
Read this a few years back -- read it again recently (which explains my recent activity here.)

I live in a small town so my "mentors" are books, and MJ is one of the best mentors a guy could ask for.

MJ really shifted my mindset about creating assets. Especially when it comes to creating a lifestyle. You don't need to be a hundred-millionaire to live like a king. Living off the returns from a $5-$10 million nest egg is very much within reach.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Listened to the audiobook.. About 5 times already haha. It keeps me motivated! I need to get myself a paper copy so I can start highlighting things!

emanresu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 9, 2015
Hi guys,

Hope you're all doing great!

I've been shadowing the forum for a while and would like to thank you all for the contribution (found some great stuff and i've just started).

A special "thank you" goes to MJ DeMarco! I'm now reading the book for the second time and I realized it's a masterpiece, it's as brilliant as a Mozart symphony! I admire you for the following:

- you're very straightforward
- you've made it and now you show others how to do it
- you don't tolerate the BS that surrounds us
- you don't repeat yourself (book or youtube channel)

Thank you for finishing the book!

michelerich

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 19, 2016
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I'm almost finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane ! My mind is constantly brainstorming now!

Spawny

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 3, 2016
I finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane and it is possibly the most life changing book I’ve read! I’ve spent the last 4 years of my life working 40-45 hours a week for what I thought beforehand was a good wage. I’ve now realised that there is so much more to life than what I’m living right now and this book makes so much sense. I imagine I’ll be saying it’s the best investment I’ve ever made in a few years time!

the great one

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 5, 2016
Just finished the book last night and I'm proud to be part of this group. My fastlane journey has officially begun!

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
Just finished it yesterday. Really enjoyed it, an amazingly insightful work. I had already come to many of the conclusions stated in it independently and from other people (such as that money for time is a bad trade, and you have to be in business for yourself to become wealthy) but it really helped crystallize other things for me in a way that I hadn't framed them before.

For most of my life I was what the book refers to as a high income sidewalker. I made a good income but spent above my means on credit, etc. I really just transitioned from the sidewalk to the slowlane this year. I already have a plan for a fastlane business that I'm going to pursue as soon as I'm finished retiring a bit more debt. I'm going to start the process now though since I still have a lot to read and investigate in general about running a business.

The only critique I have of the book for my situation was when it says that you must quit your job to be in the fastlane. While I agree that this eventually needs to happen, I think more nuance is needed when judging the timing of when to do this. Consider my situation, since jettisoning my reckless spending habits and getting control of my financial situation, I've been making projections of where I'm going to be with my current rate of savings and debt repayment. My net worth is going to increase by more than 1000% in the next 18 months just by transitioning to the slowlane! That is huge! I will also have between 30-50k to start investing in a fastlane business AFTER building up a decent emergency fund. If I quit my job now this would not be the case, and I would have to take on additional debt or seek capital elsewhere. I do not want to take on more debt, and I do not want to give up any percentage of my company to investors. So bootstrapping my fastlane venture with my excess income is the way to go imo at least for the short term. I will be carefully considering the appropriate timing of quitting my job as I start my fastlane venture and get it going.

Again though, overall this book helped me a lot and I will definitely continue to refer back to it as I evaluate my business ventures going forward.

WarriorV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 29, 2016
Brazil
Hi!

I finished the book a couple of weeks ago. Opened my mind to many things, I had read many other books but none of them were as clear and useful as this one.

I'm eager to drive fast!

SrGio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 25, 2016
Just leaving a short note here to say that I've read the book and listened to the audio. (edit: cool how this automatically adds the badge beneath the profile pic)

_Seba_

AAA
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 24, 2015
Germany
Ok, I'll give it a second try. I'm sorry if there was anything wrong in my first post on this thread.

I've read TMF earlier, guess it was something like 2 years ago. I changed pretty much in life and realized there is more than getting the best degree after years of being a student.

I would love to become an INSIDERS of this amazing forum, so here is the deal: If I get the badge for reading TMF this time, you'll receive my money for an INSIDERS subscription. Promised.

Last edited:

Desmond

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 24, 2016
Read the book a few weeks back, found the forum, now learning how to switch lanes. Thanks MJ.

_Seba_

AAA
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 24, 2015
Germany
It still doesn't work. Can anyone help me?

Update: Thanks for fixing it

Last edited:

Twong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 26, 2014
Arizona
Finished the book earlier this year. Great ideas, and very insightful information. I will be honest, I thought this was one of those b.s. do as I say, not as I do type self help philosophies, but if it is, it really doesn't seem that way. It's definitely changed/is changing the way I think about working and time management, and I have even also been asked to explain to others in my life the reasons why I have a certain view about jobs/money, or why they "don't have enough time", or "never have enough money (working 40 hours a week)". I give them a few teasers from the book and suggest they checkout this site and book, and they already respond instantly with "Wow, that's crazy, I never thought of it like that!"

Long story short, great book, and was a lot more than what I was expecting from it.

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
I read the MFL, ( 3 times in 14 days )

I've read 150 books in the last couple of years, this is one of few that I've read
and left an imprint in my deep sub-conscious.

The first day after reading half of the book, the morning after, I felt like I was dumped by a girlfriend after a
long relationship. a sort of " heartbroken"

I know now, that this is because the book helped me realise how I was lying to myself all those years.
I felt heartbroken because I broke up with my old self, and started a new relationship with
my future self.

Thank you MJ DeMarco, you are on my wall of fame till I die.

Last edited:

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hi MJ DeMarco,

Thanks a lot for your efforts on that book. It was really amazing to me. The roadtrip was really nice! I still listin to your audioversion everyday when I run. I Can't help that it is just a great book. Great content there! Keep up the great work :)

Marek

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.