The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's the little things!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
I've been extremely lucky to not be on-call this holiday weekend... and then I also have Monday off >:] So I've been plugging away at learning all the things!

"I don't even know what I don't know" seems to be my theme song.

Concerning my Slowlane/Sidewalking ways, I was suddenly confronted yesterday with the fact that I've made some progress out of the mediocrity of it all.

I had to jump on Amazon to buy a bottle of water conditioner for my tiny aquarium (because the local fish store has jacked up their prices for the Holidays... Merry Freaking Christmas :shifty: ) and lo and behold, my once beloved Prime Membership had expired almost a year ago!

I was shocked!! And, to borrow my favorite British word of all time, gobsmacked!

Seriously, Amazon was my Sidewalk drug of choice. Any extra cash I had, or even didn't have :banghead: was being spent on that "You might also like:" column and going to town. The sheer and utter stupidity of being caught up in that mindset now makes me cringe.

It's the little things, guys! It really and truly is.

I've felt totally overwhelmed, well, basically all the time. But I've taken small, manageable things out of the giant Pile of Fail that my life was and started to slowly but surely change my mindset.

It's totally overused, but honestly; if I can change, anyone can!

You just have to keep at it. When I feel the urge to give up, I go watch a youtube video of some exotic place I'd love to visit for months on end, but can't, because if I don't change something I'll always be stuck in this Slowlane.

Just remind yourself WHY you're trying to change and it suddenly doesn't feel like such a burden.

Yes, the Slowlane is EVER so easy and comfortable compared to this Entrepreneurial Adventure. There's the 9-5 (or, in my case at the hospital, 6-??) Insurance, PTO, 401k, weekends, steady paycheck, etc.

But is it worth it?

Is your life worth wasting away at that 9-5? You've only got the one life, are you going to dedicate it to someone else?

Like the woman at my workplace who just retired after 40 years of diligent labor for The Company.

She was thanked with a crappy gift (that had The Company Logo emblazoned upon every blank space; subtle, guys) and was rewarded with a bad back, a lonely life, and a bitter heart because she thought she was irreplaceable and got her self esteem and all her joy from her job.

AND she still has to work part time (at a different job) at age 70 because her 401k investment strategy didn't account for inflation.

She, and many other people I've worked with and have seen "retire", are the life lessons I look to when I feel the urge to give up and just go with the flow.

Don't be her!

Change something today, no matter how small. You'll be rewarded. It probably won't be instantaneous, which can be hard, what with our instant gratification switched to Ludicrous Speed these days.
But when it comes, it'll be worth it.

I'm still trying to calm down from letting my Prime die off for so long without knowing it :happy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.