The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this guy f*@%## serious?

Anything related to matters of the mind

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Just found this gem in my newsfeed. We've now been reduced in society to not only an endless supply of victims, but none of us really have any choices in life. Everything we do is outside of our control. Criminals have to steal. Cheaters have to cheat. It's all outside of our control and that's a scientific fact.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 138

db7903915

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Aug 8, 2014
Canada
This would be a great reason to unfollow that person, or even unfriend them. If you don't like it, don't let it engage you.

94blackbird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 21, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I would unfriend that person. People like that are set in their ways and their only real value is watching their tiny minds implode when you hit them with fact and logic.

D

DeletedUser394

I wouldn't 'unfriend' a true friend if they have a different opinion than me. People are different, and that's okay. Some of my best friends have crazy views on different things, but they are great people so who cares.

If this person is just some acquaintance, then delete or whatever.

Please tag as waste of time thread!!!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Past couple years, every time I go on vacation ... I leave my computer at home.

And it makes me a lot happier.

No having to worry about the news, the score of the game, etc.

Just living in the moment.

Now, living in the computer age, you probably can't do that everyday. I can't.

But what you can do is delete your Facebook for a week (they have it set up so it's never actually deleted), and then see how that affects your happiness.

After that week, decide if having a Facebook's really worth it.

D

DeletedUser394

But what you can do is delete your Facebook for a week (they have it set up so it's never actually deleted), and then see how that affects your happiness.

Amen.

Been off facebook for about a month or two. So much better. If I need to reach a far away friend I can reactivate, do what I need to do, and get rid of it again.

It's a bunch of curated bullshit that makes everyone's life seem amazing all of the time.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I have a cool tool... I actually think it was @GrumpyCat who I got it from, from a post on the forum.

It's called News Feed Eradicator. It's a plugin for Chrome. Do a Google search for it. I no longer have to see people's newsfeeds if I'm on my own computer. I do use other computers sometimes, but for the most part it prevents me from wasting too much time. I use FB as a messenger first and foremost. Although, if you're like me...

http://messenger.com

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I have thousands of "friends" in my newsfeed and rarely engage many of them. I no longer sink much time into FB, just go there for a few minutes at a time now and again, so it's not really an issue as far as a time sink. Some people waste so much time there.

I know what he's referring to. In the modern age it began with B.F Skinner, a psychologist who was adamant that free will is an illusion. He did many tests on animals to prove his theory. It's actually an interesting thought experiment but I won't go to much into depth of his research. Basically his theory is that we are driven by primordial instincts, so everything we do is based on that. His theory is that ultimately we are driven by our instincts, so every choice we make isn't really a choice but rather made by an instinctual drive. There's huge gaps in his theory, such as thinking about thinking -- basically realizing why we think the way we do and being able to overcome it through logic. ALA I know I want this but it's not good for me in the long term, so even though I want it now I will change my choice to something else because it's better for me in the long run.

He is much older than me, and it's baffling that someone that age truly believes we don't really make our own choices. I suppose it's a comfort to him as he's not really in the place he would like to be so ultimately he uses it as an excuse that "he has no control".

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA

Ah yes, I really need to do this. Disconnect for a while.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.