The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram FollowLiker Experimental Results

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I have been following this thread closely:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/instagram-marketing-100k-profit-4m-followers.62519/page-3

as literally the week before I came across it (thanks again @JimD for all the knowledge bombs you have shared) I had purchased FollowLiker and was experimenting with it.

Rather than highjack Jims AMA I thought I would start another thread where we can share results.

So for what they are worth here are my experiences:

I am building one account in a small niche for a Kickstarter I am planning and a few others for various speculative business ops.

I got my first 1000 followers in just over a week. The account used was several months old with a dozen or so images on it and a handful of followers. I used the follow/unfollow technique and also posted 10 image a day spread out hourly finishing around 9pm each night. I also used a large selection of relevant hashtags which I tethered to a shortcut on my phone so I could dump the whole list in the text box in less than a second.

To start with I was getting 40-60 follows a day which quickly increased to 100 or more. Checking in regularly several times a day I was often seeing results like this:

with-follow-unfollow.jpg

Things were going great until I read @Phillipbro post about Instagram blocking/banning accounts doing mass follow/unfollows.

I was working away at the time so got my wife to shut the pc down until I got back as I didn’t want to run the risk of getting the account banned as I had one banned the week prior within 24 hours of setting it up. (I was using the same settings as my older account which were obviously too extreme for a brand new one). Lesson learned, you can't hit the ground running with a shiny new account.

Since then follows have been much slower.

After reading @johnp post about his increase in follows I have experimented for the last few days by switching from liking via hashtags to liking based on large accounts. The results have been very poor.

I have just checked my main account and the Interaction is much lower with zero follows.

with-follow-unfollow.jpg

I intend to change to different large accounts and see if that makes any difference. Currently I am unfollowing about 200-300 accounts a day with no new follows which Instagram seem happy with.

I have also experimented with not using hashtags. The result was significantly fewer likes as you would expect. I have used Iconsquare to work out the best hashtags to use to get the most (relevant) exposure.

What have your results been like?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• without-follow-unfollow.jpg
    without-follow-unfollow.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
After reading johnp post about his increase in follows I have experimented for the last few days by switching from liking via hashtags to liking based on large accounts. The results have been very poor.

Just one thing to point out from my side. I picked massive niches to target. Not sure if that matters or not.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Just one thing to point out from my side. I picked massive niches to target. Not sure if that matters or not.

My niche is very targeted but there are many, many millions that follow it.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Things were going great until I read @Phillipbro post about Instagram blocking/banning accounts doing mass follow/unfollows.
Yeah I would definitely be very careful with this tactic.
I used to do the follow/unfollow tactic on Twitter and Fabebook a couple years ago and almost all the accounts got banned, some sooner some later.

The main goal of every social network is obv having the best user experience possible.
How user friendly is it, if some random 26 year old girl gets 50 new unknown followers per day that all unfollow her some time later.
Horrible user experience imo.

Even if you really provide awesome and relevant value with your account, these techniques are used a lot by spammers. So chances are using this tactic will make your account look more spammy in the eyes of the social network.

BTW this doesn't mean that this technique can't work but look at Twitter and Facebook. You used to be able to build huge followings via follow/unfollow and sending friend requests to random people. Today it's almost impossible because of the shitty user experience of this technique.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
Thank you very much for doing this.

Have you ever looked at purchasing shoutouts? I've been fiending sites which offer this service and I've found some accounts that I would love to get a shoutout from, however I've noticed that there are no other shoutouts on their Instagram account (meaning, there are only the relevant posts when I look at the account on my phone).

Does this mean that shoutouts are temporary affairs which are deleted after e.g. 24 hours? (with all the evidence however, I'm pretty sure they are. It's just like regular paid advertising).

MZhang

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2013
For the ones using follow/unfollow method, does Instagram care how many follow and unfollow I do if I am doing it manually? What would you say is a safe parameter total/day or total/user without being banned from Instagram? Or is there no difference doing it manually vs using bot like followliker? Thank you for any inputs.

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 3, 2015
I've done a more targeted follow/unfollow strategy. I will typically search for a hashtag that I am targeting throughotu the day and find a picture that has a lot of likes that has been posted less than 60 minutes ago. I will then follow every person that I can (typically around 130) and I will usually get a high follow back % (not 50% but in the mid 30's I would say). I've been on an unfollowing spree though as my following has breached 5,000 (followers just under 8000). I'm looking for this account to get into 6 figures!!!

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015
Care to give an update on how things are going?

Also THANK YOU for the Iconosquare idea, it is really helpful as I am manually doing everything at the moment (gathering funds from Fiverr to invest in followlike) and following/unfollowing/checking others/etc was really frustrating from my mobile phone.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
OK - I wanted to post a progress update. It has taken a bit of trial and error, but we are really pleased with the results.

We've been at this about 7 weeks and started with a "dead" account that was about 1 year old.

This morning we went over 7400 very targeted followers. :)

Here is what we are doing.

We have a "brand" rather than a person and we are posting mostly quotes based around that brand.

We are posting 8-12 images a day. For us, there is a definite correlation between number of photos and followers.

We have 30 hashtags on each photo that are targeted to our audience niche.

We are liking targeted photos.

We are doing keyword targeted follow / unfollow as well as those who like our photos.

We are NOT commenting.

Everything we are doing is automated with FollowLiker.

Today was the first 24hr period where we received 300 new followers.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
hey @RazorCut ,
I have been experimenting with instagram bot i made myself.
at first i tried 60 followers/hour and everything seemed great.
I also followed people from category i wanted- for example i wanted supercars then i got to supercars page,clicked on their followers and take the list from there.
the results were great- about 2000 followers in 3 weeks or less.
I tried to like photos from the hashtag [HASHTAG]#like4like[/HASHTAG] - the results was crazy- i got pics from 20 likes to get 600 likes.
(i did 300 likes per hour and stopped the following/hour process).
later on i decided im leaving my first account and opening new one.
On my second account i did 60 follow/hour and got banned.
than i tried third account to do 20 follow/hour and got banned- a little bit more followers than u describe per day.
I also tried following manually and got good results (about 1 follow request for 3.5 follow i send) and didn't banned yet, by the way i just log in few time a day to follow until instagram didn't allow me to follow anymore.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
You are getting followers, but are they actually converting? Likes, and follows mean nothing.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I think it does matter. Humor is one of the biggest categories out there. I just think you have to understand, that users want content, so as you're creating these accounts, you have to think of new ways to grab your audience.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
You are getting followers, but are they actually converting? Likes, and follows mean nothing.
I agree with you. i experimented with instagram and gave a link to crappy youtube video with monetize,to check if people actually click the link and they do. those followers/likes i generated from automated bot mean nothing unless i put a link to some business of mine and give quality content that can grow my page without any automatic process. the 1 out of 3.5 followers i got from automatic bot, are actually not fans,just gives a follow back.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
We are currently not monetizing our channel. I know that sounds odd, but there is good reason for the moment. That stage of our rollout will begin in January.

That said, we put a direct link to a capture page in our bio and have collected 59 leads - as of this morning.

We haven't made a big deal out of promoting it, but we will be ramping that up very soon.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I've been following / unfollowing, but I a) only unfollow after 7 days, b) only unfollow those who don't follow me after 7 days. It means my follow count tends to trend above my followers account but generally only by 500 or so. but haven't had issues so far. Combined with liking and neutral comments that aren't too OTT, and cycling 4 accoutnts so the time is quite spread out on each, I get slow and steady growth of 20 followers a day or so which fluctuates with what content i post.. Taking a while to get to where I want, but it seems sustainable so far?

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
For the ones using follow/unfollow method, does Instagram care how many follow and unfollow I do if I am doing it manually? What would you say is a safe parameter total/day or total/user without being banned from Instagram? Or is there no difference doing it manually vs using bot like followliker? Thank you for any inputs.
I've been manually following/unfollowing 100 people like once a week, and I haven't had any problems so far but that's not to say it won't be bad in the future.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
We are doing follow / unfollow.

500 - 600 a day follow
500 - 600 a day un-follow after 4 days
Only follow people who have posted within the last 5 days
Keywords and accounts targeted to our niche

We never have a day of less than 100 new followers and generally it is much higher than that

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
We are doing follow / unfollow.

500 - 600 a day follow
500 - 600 a day un-follow after 4 days
Only follow people who have posted within the last 5 days
Keywords and accounts targeted to our niche

We never have a day of less than 100 new followers and generally it is much higher than that

Are you doing this manually or using something?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I have been on Instagram for only a week. I bought followliker but didn't use it yet. I want to grow the page naturally for a while and see if it is even necessary.

So far only have 7 pictures up. Two pictures have over 200 likes. Got 3 major people in my niche commenting on them already. I have just below 200 followers. If someone writes on my page I will write back and check out their pics. That is about it.

I think having great content is the most important thing. A lot of big pages have only a few hundred posts but their material is great so they are hugely popular. Quality is crucial now that everyone is trying the same tactics to grow their page.

I am not saying don't use some growth hacking methods but the big thing here is posting quality content. If your posts aren't great in the first place the rest of your tactics won't be anywhere near as effective.

P.S.
A really great page to check out is leanin15 - the body coach guy. His first few hundred posts were really low likes 10-70. He kept going and two years later, after he developed his style and audience, he is making over 10 Million pounds a year.

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
Does anyone know with FollowLiker how the follow by location works? I want to follow other peoples followers in my niche but only if they're in the UK. Can I do this with FollowLiker?

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
How does FollowLiker actually know where some one is located? Thats what baffles me.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
How does FollowLiker actually know where some one is located? Thats what baffles me.

Same way google knows. By your IP address/ISP. You can trick it by using a proxy.

Danny M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Mar 14, 2016
Essex, UK
I am looking at using Instagress or Followliker. I have a small niche market with a fairly big audience. I used to sell my gear on ebay but they banned me for a silly reason that didn't even make sense. I taught myself recently how to make a website and have a fairly nice looking one almost set up now.
I have had a facebook and twitter page with around 300-500 likes but i never have time to post much to it. I signed up for Instagress earlier and it seems that all it does it like/follow which is good, but i want something to post for me too.
Basically all i want is to have around 100-200 pictures/posts that an autobot posts at random every few hours. Is this something followliker can do, is it worth the money for what i am trying to achieve?

FlashJack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 7, 2016
Toronto
I am following this - I just started using growth geeks for instagram and have found it to be pretty useful - although I do think there may be some repetition of following - unfollowing and then following again going on.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
I am looking at using Instagress or Followliker. I have a small niche market with a fairly big audience. I used to sell my gear on ebay but they banned me for a silly reason that didn't even make sense. I taught myself recently how to make a website and have a fairly nice looking one almost set up now.
I have had a facebook and twitter page with around 300-500 likes but i never have time to post much to it. I signed up for Instagress earlier and it seems that all it does it like/follow which is good, but i want something to post for me too.
Basically all i want is to have around 100-200 pictures/posts that an autobot posts at random every few hours. Is this something followliker can do, is it worth the money for what i am trying to achieve?

100% something FollowLiker can do.
You need to create another global file and set up the programs general settings a little differently.

Basically, you have another version of the program open with settings specific to uploading images. You just need to manage a folder once a week to remove old uploaded images.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
My boostgram trail expired and it's ridiculously expensive but it worked really well. I've switched over to instagress and will use up their trial. I didn't see a trial version of Followliker but it looks like they don't charge a monthly fee like the other services.

My boostgram results were pretty good. I got 288 followers in 3 days and this is an account I just activated so that's starting from scratch. Not bad.

Here's what it did. I also scheduled a total of 26 posts and only used 3 hashtags.

Likes (2708) on followers posts of big pages in my niche.

likes.jpg

This is over the course of 3 days total. 383 follows

follows.jpg

312 unfollows

unfollows.jpg

Instagress DOES NOT have post scheduler HOWEVEVER, I found a free program that you can schedule posts from your PC. The only caveat is you have to keep your PC on for the program to continue to work.

http://gramblr.com/uploader/#home

I just turned on Instagress, it actually has more options than boostgram but boostgram is simpler and has the scheduled post function built in. I'll have to tweak the settings on it and I'll share the results.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.