The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Increasing the Bankroll

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys,

I have all these ideas to do things and create things but everyone knows that in most cases you need money to make money. Now i was wondering what all you guys do on the side that maybe i could try that could help me get a little extra cash to makes my life kick start a little quicker.Im not talking get rich quick fantasies, i just have a lot of spare time on my hands and would like something or various things to put some time and effort into... to slowly increase the bankroll a bit!

I know some people may be in the same position as me and maybe the responses could help you guys to!

Thanks a lot for your time and i look forward to seeing everyones unique ways!

Lewis :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
you could get a job?
Hi There,
Sorry i forgot to mention that I'm a full time student so getting a job is both hard to revolve around and limited with how much money i can get as i won't be able to commit to higher roles, i have a small weekend job but there is never too much you can do to help yourself.

sorry for the confusion :)

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Find low-cost products with high-margins to re-sell on Facebook/blogs etc.

I started with 150€ in 2013, profited 2.5k€ that year, 7k€ total revenue (in around 3 months, seasonal product)
2014 profit: 5 times 2013 (Also in 4-5 months)
2015 profit: Oiling up the machine

You know what is funny? If I didn't have just 150€ I would had ended up ordering a crazy amount of units of the same shit item with-out testing the market first.

You have spare time, find a good product, market it to the right audience. You don't need that much money to do it.

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
You have spare time, find a good product, market it to the right audience. You don't need that much money to do it.
Awesome reply!
This is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for. I am completely new to this kind of thing, is there anyway you could make a example of what kind of product and how to search for this without giving away too many of your secrets ;)

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Awesome reply!
This is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for. I am completely new to this kind of thing, is there anyway you could make a example of what kind of product and how to search for this without giving away too many of your secrets ;)

Aliexpress -> Fashion Products -> Bestselling

What I would look for: Small, Lightweight, low-cost, good-margins, few SKUs (I'd kill myself if I had to sell Shoes with all the different sizing)

Also, look for items in your house that you no longer need and sell them. There are some threads on this forum about this, making the first hundreds hustling, go find them.

EDIT: I assume that you've read the book already. If you haven't, stop everything else and do it.

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
buy a car on craigslist for $500. wash it. then realist for $1500. Boom. I do it alllllllll the time. just for fun.

..try it.
I wish literally just thinking similar thoughts before you just sent this reply. However i don't think i could make a $1000 dollars for washing a $500 car its a good concept to make money out of a car. As you can add value with just presenting it differently!

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
EDIT: I assume that you've read the book already. If you haven't, stop everything else and do it.

I have not yet read the book this is next on my list of things to do but thank you for all your advice, its been very helpful and much appreciated!

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
If you have a lot of time on your hands then flip on craigslist. This is 10x better than a job and you can also learn the basics on how to deal with people, negotiate, buy, sell, etc.

Right now a lot of people are broke and need xmas money. Not saying to rip off a blind kid but the market is very flexible in your favor right now. After about a week I guarantee you I could be making at least $100 a day on CL minimum. Start small and invest all of your profits. Gain steam and snowball. Its pretty simple actually.

-KM

JPHerrmann

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 20, 2014
I wish literally just thinking similar thoughts before you just sent this reply. However i don't think i could make a $1000 dollars for washing a $500 car its a good concept to make money out of a car. As you can add value with just presenting it differently!
Well I don't wish to rush to judgement, but perhaps the mentality of thinking you can't do it is whats keeping you in the financial trough.

but really.. people on craigslist offload the car they think is junk on craigslist for $500 and advertise it very poorly. Buy it from the guy that just wants it gone for close to nothing and relist it anywhere between 1-2k. guarantee someone will make a nice profitable offer and drive away with a smile on their face within a few days. of course, this also works with anything sell-able on craigslist. but cars just happen to be the most lucrative.

Just trying to motivate, Hope it helps!

JPH

D

Deleted17784

My brother in low does the craigslist flipping too. Cars, motorcycles, ATVs, etc. It's amazing how awful some of these ads are. No pics, broken English, just a mess. He just negotiates them down and offers fast cash. Cleans it up and tunes up anything that needs fixing. Then relists it with a GOOD ad and it sells fast. Makes a few grand profit in his spare time each month. It's a good hustle. Always has some new toys to play with too!

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Hi There,
Sorry i forgot to mention that I'm a full time student so getting a job is both hard to revolve around and limited with how much money i can get as i won't be able to commit to higher roles, i have a small weekend job but there is never too much you can do to help yourself.

with an answer like this, I doubt you could commit to any thing much more then.

lets see:
a) full time student, so I cant commit any more hours to work - but I want more money.
b) full time student, can't commit to craigslist/ebay/kijiji hustle because it would take to much time to commute around the city to buy/sell product.
c) full time student, can't commit to building an ecommerce website, because it would take to much time between my job/full time studies.

so the answer is:

F) For fail.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Well I don't wish to rush to judgement, but perhaps the mentality of thinking you can't do it is whats keeping you in the financial trough.

but really.. people on craigslist offload the car they think is junk on craigslist for $500 and advertise it very poorly. Buy it from the guy that just wants it gone for close to nothing and relist it anywhere between 1-2k. guarantee someone will make a nice profitable offer and drive away with a smile on their face within a few days. of course, this also works with anything sell-able on craigslist. but cars just happen to be the most lucrative.

JPH

Is there a limit of car you can buy and sell per year ?? ...I should check but i think in Canada, there is .

stockyal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 7, 2014
United kingdom
Hey I work full time on shifts and have just started up an eBay selling profile for a bit of cash on the side to eventually launch a future business. So far I have spent £180 and currently have sold over £500 worth of items in 31 days and still have a surplus of stock waiting to make me more money. two weeks of those days were spent waiting for my orders as I did trial periods of 10 items per product to see if the product Would be popular in this instance I only spent £28 to test the product that is working atm. Find the right product and your away . Like I say I've only been selling for one month and I am not in anyway experienced in business and selling on eBay just decided to give it a go ! there are other ways but I find this way the best for me. Good luck in whatever you try

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
with an answer like this, I doubt you could commit to any thing much more then.

lets see:
a) full time student, so I cant commit any more hours to work - but I want more money.
b) full time student, can't commit to craigslist/ebay/kijiji hustle because it would take to much time to commute around the city to buy/sell product.
c) full time student, can't commit to building an ecommerce website, because it would take to much time between my job/full time studies.

so the answer is:

F) For fail.
I think your approach to this reply is very narrow minded, you are basically saying if someone has a full time job or are in full time education they can't do anything else? i looking to work around a schedule and make it work regardless.

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
Hey I work full time on shifts and have just started up an eBay selling profile for a bit of cash on the side to eventually launch a future business. So far I have spent £180 and currently have sold over £500 worth of items in 31 days and still have a surplus of stock waiting to make me more money. two weeks of those days were spent waiting for my orders as I did trial periods of 10 items per product to see if the product Would be popular in this instance I only spent £28 to test the product that is working atm. Find the right product and your away . Like I say I've only been selling for one month and I am not in anyway experienced in business and selling on eBay just decided to give it a go ! there are other ways but I find this way the best for me. Good luck in whatever you try
Thanks this is a very promising reply and i give you the best of luck with your plans! :)

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014

JPH
This is true and maybe that is what holding me back I've just never used the site craigslist so I'm unfamiliar with that world of buying and selling

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hi There,

Haha, sorry but, try to be a single mom AND entrepreneur AND work ... Funny :)

JPHerrmann

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 20, 2014
Is there a limit of car you can buy and sell per year ?? ...I should check but i think in Canada, there is .
yes, in the US its usually 5 per year if you register them in your name. but when flipping cars on craigslist, you flip the title. The seller you bought the car from signs the title and you just hand the title over to your new purchaser and they sign as the buyer. you never existed. but the cash goes in your pocket. no need for any paperwork either, these deals are closed with a handshake. But I as a full time student have successfully flipped 38 vehicles (Cars/Motorcycles,trailers) in the last two years with average 300 - 700% profits. Its really simple, no rocket science here..

Hope this helps.

JPH

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
Haha, sorry but, try to be a single mom AND entrepreneur AND work ... Funny :)
I'm a full time student AND have a job AND want more? there isn't anything funny about this? I'm not here saying I'm hard done by I'm saying i just want more things i can do on the side i.e little things like buying and selling!

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I'm a full time student AND have a job AND want more? there isn't anything funny about this? I'm not here saying I'm hard done by I'm saying i just want more things i can do on the side i.e little things like buying and selling!

sigh.

You don't seem to get it.

You come here asking people to give you advice on how to make more money... So, the answers are pretty obvious for you:

1) Quit school work full time or start a business.
2) Continue working part time + full time school + increase your hours of work
3) Continue working part time + full time school + craiglist/kijiji/ebay hustle
4) Continue working part time + full time school + insert business plan

So you already know what the answers are. It's pretty much a variation of 1 to 4. Mix and match to find the right solution to your problem.

However, your response is "I don't have time to work more cuz of school".

If that's your answer, then go back and delete your first post, as this thread is useless.

If that's not your answer, THEN stop telling us your schedule is to busy.

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
sigh.

You don't seem to get it.

You come here asking people to give you advice on how to make more money... So, the answers are pretty obvious for you:

1) Quit school work full time or start a business.
2) Continue working part time + full time school + increase your hours of work
3) Continue working part time + full time school + craiglist/kijiji/ebay hustle
4) Continue working part time + full time school + insert business plan

So you already know what the answers are. It's pretty much a variation of 1 to 4. Mix and match to find the right solution to your problem.

However, your response is "I don't have time to work more cuz of school".

If that's your answer, then go back and delete your first post, as this thread is useless.

If that's not your answer, THEN stop telling us your schedule is to busy.
This forum is literally infuriating me as it is full of patronising people! I've never said i am too busy i said i can only get a part time job as I'm at university and my hours change every week so the only time i can work is at the weekend( I HAVE A PART TIME JOB). the spare hours i get in the week i want to use for other things and i just
wanted suggestions as to what that might be! so i took on board the eBay post and that was very helpful and I've started too look at that! getting more hours at work is not what i want because that wouldn't work for me, i want a variety of things that can progress in all different directions and i am thinking of more and more as the days pass!

So please stop patronising me and write something helpful in regards to my post... so little things you can do alongside working and study, could literally be anything.

D

DeletedUser394

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
This looks like a big help i will go through all these links now, thank a lot for putting all this time into a reply it is much appreciated :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...