The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You're In Entrepreneurship, You Need To See This

Anything related to matters of the mind

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Brilliant video by Derek Sivers.

I hope this lesson resonates with you as deeply as it did with me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Metabaron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Just downloaded and listened to his audio book today. Very insightful on how market/customer directs the business vs how some businesses direct customers to them. Btw Silverhawk, where did you come up with that name?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Btw Silverhawk, where did you come up with that name?

You mean my screen name?

When I joined I just picked anything so I can silently troll around the forum...eventually just solidified itself over time :)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I feel people do this too much.
They tinker around, and never really challenge themselves.
They remain mediocre.

Its not the hits that need to be better, its you.

Btw, I think changing who you are is a huge paradox of sucking.
So its best to be very very very tolerant.
If you are intolerant, the first taste of success will kick you off like a flea. You'll be so bitter about the first real piece of good advice you get, that you'll have a rage fit, and spend the rest of your life blamin other people.

I've succeeded more times than I can count. And the darn truth is, it pisses me off, more and more every time, because I believe I should be immune to this SH#T.

If I am not immune, you guys really really really cannot pretend to be.
You gotta stop putting on the facade.

The facade, is making you intolerant, only total honesty and tolerance can help you, stop getting kicked off success.

Trust me... I used it, it worked.
And I had NO fuel in my tank, iow, I shouldn't have made it through.

I did though, through TOLERANCE, and honesty.

Last edited:

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
The example in the video...idk.

There's a guitar player, who continues to pursue music until he has a hit 12 years later, yet preaches that you shouldn't persistently pursue something that doesn't work. Should have stopped playing music long ago according to the video. You can argue it's not the guitar playing that's the creation, but the music he's creating. What's he going to do, go out and ask people if they want to hear a song he's thinking of making before he makes it?

It's just another rehash of market validation.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
The example in the video...idk.

There's a guitar player, who continues to pursue music until he has a hit 12 years later, yet preaches that you shouldn't persistently pursue something that doesn't work. Should have stopped playing music long ago according to the video. You can argue it's not the guitar playing that's the creation, but the music he's creating. What's he going to do, go out and ask people if they want to hear a song he's thinking of making before he makes it?

It's just another rehash of market validation.
1) He did stop playing music, almost by accident, and created CD Baby.
2) He is saying to create a song and if it is a hit, run with it. If it isn't make another. Or try some new invention entirely.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
1) He did stop playing music, almost by accident, and created CD Baby.
2) He is saying to create a song and if it is a hit, run with it. If it isn't make another. Or try some new invention entirely.
I didn't know who this guy was so now it makes sense. Because of the video it looked like he put music on CD Baby and found an audience.
He's sharing knowledge that took him 12 years to learn so you don't have to.
Oh cut it out. It doesn't take 12 years to learn market validation.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It did for Derek Sivers, apparently. :)

I think what is happening in the internet era, where knowledge is an information and is now readily available to anyone that can use Google... I think we are getting somewhat desensitized to the fact that people who have gone before us have blazed trails and left clues for us. We absorb their info, and move forward never really realizing the gold mines they left for us. We take things for granted.

Take MJ's whole video archive I was looking at on YouTube this morning. He dropped knowledge bombs everywhere. Free. For people to use. Free. Because he was blessed. So we watch his videos, we ingrain the lessons we learned, but years from now we'll likely forget what he contributed to who we are. We'll just assume everyone knows what we know, forgetting there was a day when we didn't know it.

It would not be common knowledge to most people that you can short circuit the path to market validation. In fact, there are tools available to us today that didn't exist just a few years ago. What is logical knowledge to you today... you likely can thank someone for leaving bread crumbs to follow. We learned how to learn by watching what other people did that went before us.

Javier Avalos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 3, 2016
This is awesome thank for sharing. I think that is a common reason why most quit. is because they don't see results and when they do it's likely to be other peoples and not theirs.
Although pursuing closed door's and not modifying or sharpening your skills you cannot always approach someone without having any leverage.

Sociable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 5, 2015
Its not the hits that need to be better, its you.

I totally agree on this. Mostly it's really about who you are. How you improve yourself... Are you the same person or do you evolve every single day?

The more value we give to people, the more we get. And in order to give value, we have to have that knowledge to share :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.