The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Scroll Through Facebook/Instagram On Your iPhone When You're Bored This Thread Is For You

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Up until last week, every time I had a spare moment and I was out I would habitually scroll through Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc as I had nothing else to do on my phone. Waiting rooms, breaks at work, car rides etc, even at home when I wasn't on my computer.

I considered deleting them but it would be very isolating as I do not live in my hometown and I also work away 7 days at a time, so that wasn't an option.

Anyway, last week I discovered something very obvious but I figured I might not be the only person who didn't know or consider this. I feel pretty dumb posting this as it's really obvious but anyway if I help just one person then cool.

I was under the impression iBooks only lets you read books from it's store, it doesn't, you can add books just like you add music. It works best on iTunes to open the books tab then drag the files from your computer and drop them into it, for some reason clicking "add folder to library" misses heaps of books. It also organizes your books like it does your music if you have that setting enabled.

Then you just sync your phone and there you go.

When reading them, if you click the Aa button, you can set the pages to scroll (like Facebook), instead of turn, which I find really nice, much better than my eReader (which I will now be selling). I also upgraded to a 6+ and won't be going back (2nd hand, sold my 6 for more I bought it for and more than the 6+ cost, I buy and sell a lot of phones for profit so I'm not sidewalking here ok :) )

So since I discovered this very obvious thing I have read 3 books (4 Hour Work Week, Eat That Frog!, and The Magic of Thinking Big), in time that usually would have been wasted.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So you discovered that you can read on your phone?

I thought you had to buy the books from Apple for some reason, you all opened the thread so consider it a reminder if you aren't as slow as me and already knew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
G

GuestUser113

amazon ebook + kindle app + iPhone/Mac = success

Can't read iBooks through kindle app though. Unless it doesn't have drm.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Borntowin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Aug 4, 2015
USA
Awareness of the problem is a 90% success rate. Now, your time is spent much more productive. Congratulations. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.