The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas for monetizing a photo sharing app

Idea threads

lestatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 31, 2013
Hi all, I'm thinking to buy an instagram clone in order to specialize it for an appropriate niche, i think that it could gain interest, my only concern is how to monetize it ?
I was thinking to make it freemium with some functions reserved only to paying members, but I'm not so sure it is a good idea.
Has anybody better ideas to monetize such an app? I'd rather to discard advertisement because I find it so annoying..

TIA
L.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I was thinking to make it freemium with some functions reserved only to paying members, but I'm not so sure it is a good idea.

It's one of the best approaches in my opinion. Make a free app and offer additional features at a cost for those who want them.

Have you figured out how you are going to get people to use it? Surely that comes first?

lestatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 31, 2013
Thank you all for your replies.. I read some previous thread, it seems that a photo sharing app focused on a particular niche is not such a good idea as many people alraedy use facebook or instagram... @Mr.B : you're right i've not understand how to promote my app, i'm still reading a book on how to develop a successful app, i hope to find some good advice on this topic in this book

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.