The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea: App for (general) strategy creation and execution

Idea threads
D

Deleted21961

Hey,
Starting this thread with a hope for discussion on usefulness and potential worthwhileness of such an idea.

Basic questions:
1) Is it possible to extract all necessary ingredients of what strategy is in a form of an app?
2) Is it possible to implement it in a way that will provide tangible value to users?

I see it as an app that will allow to build some kind of branchable diagram converging at "goal block". Diagram blocks should be "measurable" (like profits, produced items, etc.) and able to compute some derived values (growth factor, burn rate, etc.)
App should allow to specify tasks that will after completion/rejection automatically update appropriate strategical elements. So it will probably need to be multiuser collaborative software.
Connecting to external services would allow to automate even more.

What do you think? What flaws do you see? Is it something that would help you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
It could work. The perfect app for procrastinators and wantpreneurs.
"Don't know where to start? Let future you worry about it. Just give him the roadmap!"

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
Is it possible to build it on paper?

When creating utility apps, you should look at processes people are already knowingly doing every day. But it would be extremely more efficient/fun/better/awesome if they can do it with an app.

Also. if you can make it work without an app, all you have to do is translate the system to UX in an app (still a load of work and testing) . Instead of also designing the system.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Get a stack of index cards and create a working process with two different examples. Sketch up the screens, links, etc. then look at what you needed in creating that process and add that to the app as well. Hire a coder to get a rough working app. Then kickstart or hard money fund and finalize / sell.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Oh, and I would be a customer. I am constantly trying to find something that works. I go back and forth between mind maps, priority grids, to do list, storyboards, etc.......

D

Deleted21961

Oh, and I would be a customer. I am constantly trying to find something that works. I go back and forth between mind maps, priority grids, to do list, storyboards, etc.......
Could you elaborate on what you feel is missing from existing software that you think is necessary? Or is it something intangible and you will only know when you actually try an app that does it well?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I use excel for mindmapping so I can see everything on the screen at once. Also use visio or other flowcharting software. Have a couple of priority grid sheets created to help choose one vs the other type stuff.

Whiteboards seem to be the best. Free flowing. Can draw flow lines and number for priority. Hard to do on a small screen sometimes.

Some thoughts:
- ability to have multiple sheet levels
..top level is the overall vision
..next level is the flow diagram
..next is the priority level
- having some preset paths / templates would be awesome.... from the user base entries would be good
- ability to easily project onto a wall or board
- can move things around freeflowing.... draw, enter text
- strategy analyzer w/ prompts for things that were forgotten would be cool

hope that helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads