The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I truly believe in this. What do you think?

Jango

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 3, 2014
As a college student, studying is a big portion of my time spent. From meeting students at libraries, to Starbucks, we're always deciding where to meet. Being a student majoring in behavioral neuroscience, I really educate myself about the brain.
That being said, I wish there could be a place I could study at that would be niched with other people studying/working on intellectual work. Wether studying for an exam, or working on your start-up, or writing blogs. Yes, there is Starbucks and libraries, but that's not exactly targeting them directly.

I was thinking, a study lounge, serves coffee and all that, but also drinks/smoothies, etc, that focus on brain function. Such as smoothies with Omega-3's in it, and other nootropic supplements infused within them.

Intellects, college students, business workers could meet there, study and work, be getting drinks that directly stimulate brain function, have Wifi and other resources there to help them study and so on.

What do you fellow fastlaners think of this? Any insight, tips, do you see potential?

Would appreciate any comments, you guys are great and most of you have creative and helpful minds!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
This sounds a lot like a mixture between a coworking facility and a coffee shop. For an example of the former, look here: http://coworkingrochester.com/.

It's possible, especially if there are no other coworking locations where you are located and you can get in touch with the startup scene, which should be easy if target college students.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sounds like it may be something the medical industry would be interested in on breaks, not just students. It's hard to say on some campuses they have like little food courts and malls, and so do hospitals, I would think anything is possible if you do the research and scope out the area for what you're competition is and whether there is place for it.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Create your own space, decorate it as you'd like, and call it "your study lounge". Make 16oz fruit smoothies with omega-3's and the like for people who come over for $1.

P.S. Omega-3's are more for joint mobility...did you mean "unsalted almonds"? (Increases GABA/very tasty snack)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

John Clancy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Feb 23, 2015
It's an interesting idea for sure. One issue I see with it though is it the management. Who's going to be dispensing the smoothies? Would you have to hire someone in to do it, or do it yourself and cut into study time? That could have a negative impact on profit margins.

You also need to consider where you'll find your space for this. If you rent an office space, you'll need to sell enough smoothies to cover that and (hopefully) pay yourself afterwards. Maybe you could get a space discounted through your college.

My recommendation would be to contact the relevant people on campus/off campus (depending on preference) and running a trial for one day a week first. If it all goes well, then you can think about adding more days.
Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.