The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Need Some Help

Anything related to matters of the mind

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
Hello Fastlaners -
Not too long ago I joined this forum because my spark of life had been renewed. It's a long and complicated story, but let's just say it was time to get up and move again. I've often been asked "What would you do?" or "What would you provide?" in regards to starting up a business and I've always responded the same way. "I don't know, but I know I'd be best at it." I had an idea for a new business model. I wanted people to utilize their talents instead of being forced into a cubicle and being told to sit still and pretend to work when they could be fulfilling their dreams and expanding the dreams of others around them. I believe in people. I want people to achieve wonderful things and provide a service, a commodity, a product, or just a smile to people around them. I have always told you that I believe in you, and that's because I do. You're here because a small part of you believes in yourself.
I had an idea for a company and a particular individual said it seemed like a great idea for fastlane (although I didn't intend for it to be) and to keep them updated. Thank you for giving me some faith in myself, @Grok.
After researching, calling, studying, it's become apparent that the bureaucracy and red tape littering the non-profit organizations has caused their people to become cynical or even hateful to new ideas. I was told, in no short order, that I was wasting my time and she couldn't believe I'd even try.

My passion is about people. My passion is to finally find a reason to wake up each morning and smile. Everyone deserves that. Everyone deserves to feel like they are someone important. You should wake up each day with new purpose and go to bed at night feeling accomplished. That's why I wanted to start my own business and that is why I want to keep with it! Maybe I took the wrong turn. Maybe I started the wrong way. Maybe I forgot that there is a reason why I said, "I don't know" before.

I am passionate about people but you can't market people. I know how I want to run a business. I know what I want to do. I have no idea what I'd want to provide as a commodity but I know that when I do it I'll be providing it best! Education, entertainment, passion, growth! I want the world to feel excitement and contentedness again.

With that in mind, I'm looking for a like-minded individual. We are all here because we wanted to start anew. I'm seeking passion. I want to see the fire in you rise up into a beautiful blaze instead of being snuffed into the box that is a cubicle.

I have ideas. Don't we all? Let's utilize each others' talents. Let's build something wonderful together. Let's make the entrepreneurial world about more than money. Let's achieve the dream of white beaches, big houses, and fancy cars by starting where we all want to be.

Fastlaners, I need your help. I'm falling into a bad place, and I don't want to give up. My previous idea may have fettered out, but we all have ideas here. Do you need a people person? Do you need someone to motivate staff? Do you want to share ideas and come up with something great? Talk to me. Let's make it work. Let me see the passion burning within you. I want to help people achieve their greatness. I've put a small list of things I'm interested in at the bottom. I have ideas and I want to share them and make them grow. If you're interested in talking about the growth potential of these ideas, let me know. I want to help you, and I'm not afraid of saying I need a little help myself.

Sincerely,
Megan

Earthworms
Gardening
Dogs
Construction
Reprographics
Plan Rooms
Motivating Others
Public Speaking/Singing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hello Megan - welcome to the forum! We can probably help each other more once you pick that 1 thing to work on. What are you thinking of focusing on?

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
After researching, calling, studying, it's become apparent that the bureaucracy and red tape littering the non-profit organizations has caused their people to become cynical or even hateful to new ideas. I was told, in no short order, that I was wasting my time and she couldn't believe I'd even try.

And this was enough to stop you? What will happen the next time you are met with adversity and naysayers?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Gardening

Hey Megan,

I may be able to help, because you posted this just a couple of days I recorded a video for my training course teaching people how to create targeting groups to market to. Gardening was something that just popped into the top of my head out of nowhere, and there are a LOT of people interested in this. This is one example I used in my training video.

How experienced are you with gardening?

Assuming you have experience with this and are knowledgable - Is the information to get started here something people interested in gardening would be willing to pay for? Or would this market be more interested in learning how to do this and then buying physical products?

If you see potential here, i'll be glad to help you out.

-Andrew

upload_2015-8-3_15-14-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-3_15-10-26.png
    upload_2015-8-3_15-10-26.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 6

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
Hello Megan - welcome to the forum! We can probably help each other more once you pick that 1 thing to work on. What are you thinking of focusing on?
That's kind of my issue. I have many interests, but my main interest is motivating people. I've been told that I should be a motivational speaker but that is such a rocky road to follow that I'm not sure it would be lucrative. I want people to feel right with their lives. I'm an experienced leader and manager. I've got a knack for getting things done without making people around me miserable. I want to incorporate this into someone's idea. I feel that if I partnered with someone that together we could make our business and the world a better place. I did have an idea for an indoor dog park of sorts. Beyond ideas I'm looking for someone with a passion for something that we could grow together.

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
And this was enough to stop you? What will happen the next time you are met with adversity and naysayers?
I thought the exact same thing over the past several days and while I was writing this post. It hit me that this wasn't really what I wanted to begin with. I want to feel pride in my actions and feel accomplished with what I do. If I'm lying about what I want to do, then I'm no better off where I started from. I was met with much adversity and naysayers before this particular encounter, but this one spoke to me. With no target market to speak of and the people I'm trying to support telling me to, essentially, butt out, I can't expect to build a business on the cohesion of these two groups. You're right to ask me about meeting up with adversity and ill-speakers in the future.
My decision wasn't based upon one or two or even 15 people saying that it wasn't a good idea, but it is the quality, not quantity, of nay-sayers that affects us the most. In this case, it was the non-profit organizations I was trying to work with to begin with. I cannot bond two entities together, no matter how tight a glue I'd form, if there aren't two entities to bond in the first place.

I do want to pursue my passion, though. I'm not giving up on my dreams. I've merely assessed those dreams and realized they aren't my own and that their viability was minimal.

Have faith in me, Hackdroot. One ill-conceived notion does not a flawed life make. I will not let one failed attempt keep me from finding the best partnership to build on. I'd rather turn away from a dream I'm not sure of now, than go down the line and look back with regret. Thank you for questioning the motives, though. It contributed to my thought process. :)

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
Andrew,

I'm afraid that my interest is only that. I'm a decent patio gardener and I took a few horticulture classes. I'm not confident enough in my abilities to speak on the actual gardening process, but along those lines I do run a pretty decent small worm farm on a shelf right now. Because of that, my mango seed got a wonderful start into the world. Maybe a training video about using earthworms in gardening would help those seeking gardening advice? (You should see my wee little mango go! He loved that start in the earthworm bin!)[/QUOTE]

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This just may be my perception but reading your posts it's kind of like you're wanting a partner to motivate you to accomplish you're dream. This was a lesson I learned a few years back. I loved having someone work on a project with me, but they didn't have the dream, didn't give a rip about success, and other people didn't give a rip whether I pursued my path of writing, life coaching etc. It's nice to wait around for someone to motivate you to follow through with you're dream, but in my experience not to many people care whether you succeed or fail as much as you do.

If you don't know what you want to do, no one else does either. It's your life and your world.

I pick up a lot of negativity and you've given up before you even have done any homework. This is all a process.

I also sense fear you don't believe in yourself somewhat to accomplish what you want to achieve.

Before you get a partner, you really have to stand up on your own two feet and show the world who you are. Be independent and mentally tough.

This world is filled with judgments, naysayers, and fault finders. People don't play fair and nice. Non-profits are based on donations, grants, and fundraisers. And most of the time this comes with grant writing, your business plan, how you're going to meet the needs of individuals. Research and statistics in a local area and if the services are needed.

They have to report to a board of individuals that oversea the non-profit organization. So they all have to agree with what you are presenting. Which means presentation skills and persuasive speaking. Motivational speaking comes in many forms, and different organizations. You have to believe in one of them and be an expert in one of them. Which means a lot of studying, experience, walking the walk and applying things to your leadership abilities.

Fortunately everyone will tell you every idea you have is not a good idea. Because they're not willing to go the extra mile. This is all mindset stuff, and mental toughness. Before you can succeed you have to work on all your weaknesses and make them strengths.

Grok

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 14, 2015
Apache junction
Hi Megan, I just read your thread ,sorry to hear of your rejections and the dejection you feel,

I still feel it could work with less organized local groups to help.

If you decide on another road to take I will help if I can.

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
Hi Megan, after reading your initial post I was thinking about people that have the qualities that you've listed. Great at motivating people, excited about what they're doing, good public speakers.

My example for you is John Kohler, he's got a serious Youtube following (for gardening, that is) on Growing Your Greens https://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens He's super passionate about getting people to grow organic, grow their own food, and to get people healthy. He's also a little kooky, and a little over the top for some people (he ONLY eats veg and fruit), but you can sense his conviction throughout his videos and I think that's why people take what he says seriously.

If you took the time and put forth the effort to be an expert in any of your interests that you listed, or took the angle of being a total newb and having people follow along and learn WITH you as you go through your learning process, I think that you might have quite the interesting writing topic/youtube channel/online class/etc.

There's all sorts of ways to use your talent for motivating people and turn it into a Fastlane process, you just have to commit to it and follow through no matter what any of the doubters might say. When I start questioning what the heck I'm doing, I just grab out TMF and reread a bit that might apply to what's going on. MJ gave us an awesome road-map, we just have to get to work!

That's just my .02 :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.