The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have traffic but no conversions?

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Hey everyone. Quick question. My website is getting a lot of hits to the article sections that I am advertising, but I am getting no conversions for my mailing list, and for the subscribe button on my landing page. Im using adwords to drive traffic to the landing page. I had over 250 hits to this one blog post but nothing no one subscribed to the mailing list

Blog post - Scroll to the bottom of the post, you'll see the optin form (Using A/B testing on the blog post optins)
Dating | Fitness | Life - 10 Relationship Quotes I like And Why

Landing page
The Supercharger Magazine | Chris Ranieri

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Article spaced out too much

I would place your email optin on the side bar if possible so then people will actually see it

Your headline for your optin is a bit much

"Do you have Dating, Fitness, Life problems? Not anymore. I designed a guide. It's called The Lifestyle Handbook. I made specifically to get you started on your journey to a better you"

Maybe something like "Can't get girls to like you? Here is 9 tips to make you irresistible!"

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Yeah, I agree, I would test a much more appealing 'lead'.

So to go over the basics,

For any offer/landing page,
you should always remember the golden rule,

Desire cannot be created or destroyed, only directed - Eugene Schwartz

And selling is essentially discovering a pain point, amplifying that desire, and giving a solution to fill that desire

So with that in mind, you want to list out all the top desires in your target customer
that can be applied to your product

E.g. Freedom
Companionship
health
success/wisdom

You pick the strongest desire, and structure your landing page
to simply evoke that one main desire

So I'd try creating multiple LPs with one specific focus,
and testing them out with different target customers, see which one starts converting well

Also your check out page is super simple Lol
I'd make it look much nicer

Testing and tracking is the holy grail :)

Good luck

TextbookAnswers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 30, 2014
Chicago
The opt-in should stay at the bottom. However, I will add it to the sidebar or at the top also. Consider a pop-over or an exit pop.

The post is hard to read - the UI is an issue. Both @BlakeIC and @Silverhawk851 are spot-on with their advice.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Always try a stronger lead. Think AIDA - attention, interest, desire, action. Your opening doesn't entice me to read further. You're telling me about a product, but why should I care about it? I am a fan of opening with a question like, "Do you want a better life?" or a controversial headline - "Your life is terrible", something that gets me to drag my eyes down to figure out what the hell you're going on about. Remember, with a landing page, the assumption is that the person just got here, that's unfamiliar with your product. Speak to that desire that got them there. If you'e got GA installed, keep track of the search terms that were used, and trying building different pages. But remember! I need to know I have a problem before you sell me a solution.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Your opt-in probably isn't being seen. If you hadn't told us to scroll down, I never would have seen it.

My favorite opt-ins are the floating bar opt-ins at the top of the page. Right now you have a static search bar using valuable real estate at the top of your page. Add it to the main bar instead, then use that real estate for a floating opt-in bar.
A9OHXNq.jpg

Above all else, your copy could use some serious work. I would keep rewriting the offer until you get something that works. Perhaps pay a professional to write it for you, but at least make sure the English is correct. "The plan of how" doesn't make sense. Maybe try: "The EXACT plan that my friend Sharon used…"

Oh, and definitely don't say "No spam, promise." I wasn't thinking about spam until you put the idea in my head.

Finally, you have waaaaay too many distracting links. Take all those links and dump them in a floating share bar. That way there's nothing separating your audience from your email opt-in.

RM1efLv.jpg

Good luck!
J.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I am implementing everything you guys said so far...This is why i love this forum lol - As for my checkout page im using a third party subscriber, I asked, I cant customize it yet. Next is to code an integration with stripe and MailCheat(Chimp)

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Im thinking this. Removing the magazine completely, finishing the book and course(Which will be soon for anyone who clicked on the pages and saw coming soon)...and concentrate on selling those two digital products. My main reason for the magazine was for a more stable income, which is importart. But with the products, plus coaching and enough traffic doing the numbers i will be okay

On the other end. From outside pont of view, what would you expect from my magazine EACH MONTH for 24.95?

Thanks everyone so far who contributed

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
On the other end. From outside pont of view, what would you expect from my magazine EACH MONTH for 24.95?

You're asking the wrong people.

How many people are on your email list? My gut says that is where you should focus your attention, forget the rest. Once you have an eager following of fitness-loving, relationship junkies (or something, I'm not 100% what your blog is about :D) THEN you can worry about monetization.

See, it's hard for us to answer, because we aren't your audience. We don't know what they care about.

But you know what they don't care about? Whether or not you have a stable income.

Remember, winners create value first. Monetization is simply a by-product of that value.

So my two cents would be:
  • Jam-pack that mailing list with value
    Make it the mailing list everyone is talking about. If you're on it, you get exclusive articles, personal advice, shoutouts on social media… everything short of a free pony. It's the kind of list you would pay to be a part of.

• Optimize sign ups ONLY
    Forget about cashing in on personal coaching, book sales, courses. That all comes later. Optimize your site so you're getting sign ups to your mailing list. Once you have that list, they'll tell you what they want (either through data, or through actual requests for content). But you'll never build that list with your attention split between a million projects.
Anyway, that's just how I would approach it.

If you haven't already, check out this thread on the forum:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-money-no-idea-no-education-no-problem.52285/

And this article on OkDork:
http://okdork.com/2014/02/09/grow-blog-100000-visitors-less-year/?hvid=1ymnEP

Oh, and finally — or perhaps most importantly — don't forget to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. You're in a hyper-competitive niche, to stand out, you're going to have to be outstanding; and outstanding takes time.

e44d7f39f34bbf331a1bb5a73bfa9976.jpg

PS. You should read TMF if you haven't already. Or, if you hate reading, check out this brilliant summary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Slowlanejay...This is a great post, F*ckin amazing. You know what im going to do. I noticed I get a nice amount a hits on my book and course page, im going to finish those, might as well, it needs to be done anyway. As for the mailing list, im going to make that number 1 by advertising my new blog posts how ive been doing, that's been going really well., but make the posts page optimized for mailing list conversion. I can also add in content locking as well.

"Winners create value first. Monetization is simply a by-product of that value." - That I am sticking in my brain and its never leaving

Last edited by a moderator:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I agree with everyone here so far. I still don't see it changed on the site! :)

We all go through this phase where we want to do everything.

Pick one, dude. I'm telling you. It will save you so much heart ache and stress. If you're doing fitness, DO fitness. If you're doing relationships, DO relationships.

Stop trying to do both AND confidence AND everything else.

Get laser focused and everything else will fall into place.

And instead of just a saying let me be more clear:

Your opt-in offer is all over the place. It makes you look like an amateur.

Let Me Show You

The plan my friend Sharon used to lose 12 pounds and 3" off her waist. And the tips Mike used to BOOST his self-confidence by 150%!

That doesn't even make sense! If you were focused on one thing you could really dial it in and get some subscribers.

Sorry I'm quick here but I'm late for the gym -- I'll try to swing back around.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Its my areas dude, had this blog planned out for a year now, no way I am changing my niches lol I do know where you are coming from 100%, it does make it easier but I love all areas equally. All 3 make my site a "complete packaged deal" to me.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Its my areas dude, had this blog planned out for a year now, no way I am changing my niches lol I do know where you are coming from 100%, it does make it easier but I love all areas equally. All 3 make my site a "complete packaged deal" to me.

Those last 2 words, "to me", need to go. You need to focus on your customer's desires, not yours. I understand you see them as all connected. People do gain more confidence with weight loss, which does lead to better relationships. But there are plenty of fat people in relationships who simply want to lose weight, and you may have a guy with a 6 pack looking for advice on dating. You need to focus on ONE area or you need to segment your site into those offerings. It's about what your customers want, not you.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Those last 2 words, "to me", need to go. You need to focus on your customer's desires, not yours.

Agreed. In plainer English:

You don't matter. At all. Your customer matters. But not you.

Like @Delmania said, focus on one customer at time. Build out a detailed — but realistic — buyer persona.

Because it doesn't matter if you love all areas equally. You aren't your customers. Find out what they love the most, need the most, and would pay anything for— then give it to them.

But forget about you. You don't matter.

Also, this strikes me as being insanely dangerous in its rigidity:
no way I am changing my niches lol

Don't paint yourself into a corner. If the market needs you to pivot, be prepared to do so.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

173476-Asks-For-Advice-Refuses-To-Follow-It.jpg

Maybe you should listen to what people are saying.... NICHE DOWN. FOCUS ON 1 THING.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I wasn't trying to attack you and you're more than welcome to do whatever you want but I'm telling you it's not going to work the way you're positioned right now.

I've been in both the personal development and fitness fields for many years and while it might seem like they compliment each other well -- they are two COMPLETELY different beasts.

To throw relationships in as a side note further confuses the prospect.

Good luck and I hope you learn this lesson fast because it's going to kick you in the a$$ harder than you realize... but we'll all be here to help pick you back up.

EDIT: P.S. Do you want to be right... or do you want to be rich?

Last edited:

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
I suggest you to read a book regarding the topic of marketing named "CA$HADVERTISING" by Drew Eric Whitman. The landing page must have a structure and some features:

1. The text is too small, i am wearing glasses and i fight to be able to read the text. So make the text bigger.
2. The font family is also hard to read. I highly recommend using Arial as the main font family.
3. The headline is not ok, it doesn't create curiosity, it doesn't make me understand what you are talking about here. The headline is like a king's crown. It let others to know who is the king. Same with the headline. Your headline must be short, easy to read, it must contain the biggest benefit and if possible to be a question.
4. Your sentences are way too long and boring....make them shorter and make sure you test the reading score using the Flesch Score. Remember that people in our days are not patient they don't have all they long to read so much. You must make it easy for them. Make text blocks where you share a subheadline, and image and a description. And to this multiple times instead of putting much more text in bigger text blocks.
5. You have no testimonials, very bad thing. In our days people relay on others opinions if something is good or bad. So put there at least 20 testimonials with photos showing happy people face. This will create trust for your customers.
6. You should also put buttons with "ORDER NOW" so that will be easy for them to take action.
7. Yous should always use a dead line. This will fore users to take action now.
8. Scarcity is a powerful tool you can use to make them take action a well. Let them know some of the side effects if they don't take action.
9. Use statistics.

To wrap this up:
1. Attention
2. Interest
3. Desire
4. Action

Landing pages are a long topic. I admit i had also problems with them and i still don't have it perfect.

This is my company website http://www.proeminentcode.com maybe it will give you and idea.

Hope this help.s

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I have an almost exact duplicate of your original landing page, except that I sell my custom software development services. I posted a similar set of questions here just like you did. I got an equally good set of advice from a variety of people. It can be overwhelming. What I ended up doing was signing up for Unbounce. They have a TON of very helpful videos and other tutorials that lead you through the process of creating a landing page. I'd highly recommend doing the same thing.

Right now, you have a lot of preconceived notions about what a landing page is supposed to do (just like I did). Unbounce will systematically remove those ideas from your mind, and help you set up a landing page that actually works. If you keep going the way you're going, you'll just end up making everyone here mad because you're not completely following their advice.

My landing page has brought me one customer so far. But, that customer will net me $40K or more this year. All from an investment of $300 plus my time.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
My advice is a different tack from the technical advice from the many web gurus here, because I am old skool, or just plain old. I am personally very tired of memes and quotes. I get bombarded by them everywhere. I'm pretty sure many other people are too. Mostly on social media where people are putting them up non-stop, projecting their own issues, trying to convince themselves. I have unfollowed several people recently because of this meme/quote spam. I'd avoid them in favor of more specific content on specific subjects. Having one or two sprinkled in content is one thing, making them pretty much the focus of a post is another. Get some meat on them bones!

Secondly, you are selling yourself, not subscriptions/ebooks/magazines etc..... People are buying you, or at least need to be sold on your authority before they buy your products. Do what you can to boost and display your authority on your subject matter. Add more content to your about me section, qualifications, video introduction(i'd have a video intro on your home page). If you are decent at presentations, start doing short videos on various topics and post a video blog to your page/youtube/social media etc. If you don't have a live audience, just make it seem like you are presenting to a large audience. Film your videos on stage in a large conference room, (library, city hall etc...). Use the podium and the screen with slides. Don't do videos at home by yourself. It doesn't help your social proof, especially in this area. Make it look like you are presenting to large audiences, fake it til you make it. Once you are Tony Robbins or Frank Kern of your field, you can then do casual mobile phone videos in your office off the cuff. If you need help on your presentations, join toastmasters to get more experience.

Lastly, offer social proof. People buy because other people have bought. Nobody likes to be a guinea pig. Testamonials etc....

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
My advice is a different tack from the technical advice from the many web gurus here, because I am old skool, or just plain old. I am personally very tired of memes and quotes. I get bombarded by them everywhere. I'm pretty sure many other people are too. Mostly on social media where people are putting them up non-stop, projecting their own issues, trying to convince themselves. I have unfollowed several people recently because of this meme/quote spam. I'd avoid them in favor of more specific content on specific subjects. Having one or two sprinkled in content is one thing, making them pretty much the focus of a post is another. Get some meat on them bones!

Secondly, you are selling yourself, not subscriptions/ebooks/magazines etc..... People are buying you, or at least need to be sold on your authority before they buy your products. Do what you can to boost and display your authority on your subject matter. Add more content to your about me section, qualifications, video introduction(i'd have a video intro on your home page). If you are decent at presentations, start doing short videos on various topics and post a video blog to your page/youtube/social media etc. If you don't have a live audience, just make it seem like you are presenting to a large audience. Film your videos on stage in a large conference room, (library, city hall etc...). Use the podium and the screen with slides. If you need help on your presentations, join toastmasters to get more experience.

Best of luck!

Having a lot of relevant content, of being able to prove to people you are an expert, is definitely a requirement for info-products. But you still need to market yourself because you're not the only player in the space.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I decided to niche down to only Fitness. Its the area I can talk about the most clear since I have been into working for over 10 years and owned my own personal training business for a while. Going to offer custom Fitness plans, books. No monthly membership this time right away, books first. My only issue is the fact the fitness niche is extremely crowded. Should I micro niche? As an example, only for people looking to build muscle.

Thanks everyone for your replies

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
The more specific, the more focused and detailed you can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I noticed that to, most importantly when it came to my supercharger membership page. There was no "end goal" so to speak

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
well there the "gain muscle" niche is probably the most overcrowded of them all

I avoided the fitness niche entirely, i am in shape and strong as hell too

But at the end of the day there is 1000's of physically fit people trying to start that next fitness blog/product etc

edit: that and personal training

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I decided to niche down to only Fitness. Its the area I can talk about the most clear since I have been into working for over 10 years and owned my own personal training business for a while. Going to offer custom Fitness plans, books. No monthly membership this time right away, books first. My only issue is the fact the fitness niche is extremely crowded. Should I micro niche? As an example, only for people looking to build muscle.

Thanks everyone for your replies

Super excited you narrowed down! Good work!!!

Okay, so from here you're right -- you do need to niche down a little more. Are you going to help people lose weight? gain muscle? (two completely different crowds)

Will you help men or women? Weight lifters or cardio folks?

I would take a look at how beachbody targets markets with different products (they are obviously the 800 pound gorilla in that market).

There are a couple gentlemen on the forum here in the fitness industry that are doing very well online -- I'd take a gander over to their progress threads and see what they're up to.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
All 3 make my site a "complete packaged deal" to me.

That's it... right there.

Nobody cares, your not understanding what that means on a deeper level.

Nobody cares what your site seems like to you.

Nobody cares that you think it's a "complete packed deal".

Nobody cares that those are your favorite topics.

Stop thinking about what you like and what seems good to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.