The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I hate having a famous name.

Kevin D. Smith

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Jun 29, 2015
My name is Kevin Smith and I'm a workaholic. I used to work 60-70 hour workweeks as a purchasing agent for an electrical contractor. Four months ago it hit me that if I could work this hard for someone else doing something I hate, why can't I do something for myself. In my boldest move to date I quit my job, no plan, no job waiting for me, just 2 months of money saved up.

Long story short I now have a job as a beer merchandiser because I thought I wanted to get into the beer distribution business. I have realized that I am a day late and a dollar short, the craft beer bubble will burst in due time and I don't want to be stuck sitting around with my hands in my pockets.

I make enough money to maintain my lifestyle but now I am on the move, searching for my need. I am developing new habits to switch my mindset from consumer to producer. I have figured out my money system target of $8,894,191.20 but thanks to my car and previous slowlane mindset I sit here roughly $6000 in debt.

I joined the fastlane forum because I am seeking to be around other like minded people, working in construction I was drowned in the sidewalk and slowlane mindsets. I have finally broken free and I am now on my way.

Thank you for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Love your intro, your work ethic, and your goals.

Go by Kevin David Smith (or what ever your middle name is) to break up the "famous" jokes, and keep going.

You will make it. I assume you have read the book The Millionaire Fast Lane.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lol. Nice intro. Mind you, I had to Google your name. Never heard of the other guy.

I used to get really funny looks when I went to the local poker club and signed in as Andy Black. Wtf? Sigh... no, I am crap, calm down.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
My name is Kevin Smith and I'm a workaholic. I used to work 60-70 hour workweeks as a purchasing agent for an electrical contractor. Four months ago it hit me that if I could work this hard for someone else doing something I hate, why can't I do something for myself. In my boldest move to date I quit my job, no plan, no job waiting for me, just 2 months of money saved up.

Long story short I now have a job as a beer merchandiser because I thought I wanted to get into the beer distribution business. I have realized that I am a day late and a dollar short, the craft beer bubble will burst in due time and I don't want to be stuck sitting around with my hands in my pockets.

I make enough money to maintain my lifestyle but now I am on the move, searching for my need. I am developing new habits to switch my mindset from consumer to producer. I have figured out my money system target of $8,894,191.20 but thanks to my car and previous slowlane mindset I sit here roughly $6000 in debt.

I joined the fastlane forum because I am seeking to be around other like minded people, working in construction I was drowned in the sidewalk and slowlane mindsets. I have finally broken free and I am now on my way.

Thank you for your time.
When I read the title of this thread I couldn't help but think of the movie Office Space. I was worried your name was going to be Michael Bolton. At least Kevin Smith isn't too big, depending on the crowd you know. I've known 2 guys named Michael Jackson (yes, 2!!!) ouch.

You're always going to be a "day late" to most things, man. I was just discussing this with someone yesterday, I mentioned "I feel like I got to the party too late." But, I realized something once I said that - Getting there now will help you see what comes next, instead of getting there later. Hang in there, keep your eyes open and jump on the opportunities before the next party guests arrive.

I really like your reason for joining the forum. It's a great place to learn. A lot of people join because they want money when, in fact, they fail to realize the importance of learning.

Welcome! I look forward to seeing your progress throughout.

EdKirby

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2015
United States
"I was drowned in the sidewalk and slowlane mindsets." I hear that brother. I have a business but it's only a slowlane J.O.B in reality.

Welcome to the forum!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
ha ha! I don't know who kevin smith is either.
  • There are 9,505 people in the U.S. named Kevin Smith.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Don't worry about the famous Kevin Smith; The fact that you don't know of him is probably a good sign.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
welcome.

Time to outdo the other Kevin Smith's of the world then, eh?

Turn your weaknesses into strengths. Think about it... people are already searching your name. The other Kevin Smith(s) are helping you gain momentum..

I just listened to Kevin Smith the other day, he's part of my motivational playlist on Youtube.

Fits well with the beginning to your journey, or anyones on here..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...