The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Drive high-ticket Sales via Podcasting [AMA]

krueger75

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 31, 2012
I've been around FLM a while, and love this crew. Excited to give back since I've just been reading and soaking up golden lessons, so here goes:

I professionally plan, build and launch highly successful podcasts for online brands. (Refer to: authorityengine.com)

What is your biggest nagging question?

This especially works well for coaches, consultants, authors, speakers, 'personality' brands and membership site owners/community leaders & other influencers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What are some examples of the podcasts you have created, and what are their metrics?

Aside from Adam Corolla, who are examples of podcasters that are monetizing their podcasts in a significant way?

I believe we're still in the virgin stages of what media on demand is going to look like in the next 3-4 years. What changes do you anticipate in new media over the next few years?

krueger75

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 31, 2012
What are some examples of the podcasts you have created, and what are their metrics?

Aside from Adam Corolla, who are examples of podcasters that are monetizing their podcasts in a significant way?

I believe we're still in the virgin stages of what media on demand is going to look like in the next 3-4 years. What changes do you anticipate in new media over the next few years?
I think you're absolutely right that we're still in the virgin stages. Very interested to continue to see what happens and how things evolve over time!

To your questions:

#1. What are some examples of the podcasts you have created, and what are their metrics?
- http://thelifecoachschool.com/category/podcast/
- http://www.alignedaction.com/aligne...rtunity-the-podcast-for-entrepreneurial-ceos/
- http://www.ecommercefuel.com/category/podcast/
- https://davidneagle.com/art-of-success-business-school-lesson-1-the-perpetual-search/

As these and many more our our clients, I can't say specifically metrics though I've taken screenshots of some of our various clients' metrics with no identifying information included. You'll see that some shows get 1,000 downloads per month, some get 60,000 per month.
VKtegI6UVU
1DCw94YXhU
pL7y3RyPw3
gqFJQHT2B

(links to photos above):
http://screencast.com/t/VKtegI6UVU
http://screencast.com/t/1DCw94YXhU
http://screencast.com/t/pL7y3RyPw3
http://screencast.com/t/gqFJQHT2B

All of these examples are making fantastic money from their shows, but NOT from sponsors or affiliate offers as many might expect.

It's from this basic funnel:

1. Generate highly valuable, 'results in advance' style content that engages the audience and develops a relationship [Listener]
2. a) Offer an opt-in giveaway that provides people the exact next step for the problem/challenge they're facing [Email List Member]
2. b) Individual gets great value from freebie, and is introduce to the fact that they have a product/service/membership to help them achieve an even bigger result (or more consistent)
- This is usually through info products, group training, coaching, one-on-one consulting, or membership site style offerings
3. Listener continues to get incredible value and gain trust, understand the podcaster and their experience by listening to many episodes
4. The listener knows exactly what the host's product/service can do for them via email and from occasional mentions on the podcast that add context (not promote shamelessly)
5. When the client is ready to move forward, the trust, understanding and connection has already been made (plus they've already achieved results from their free stuff & podcast) so a sale is generally quite easy.

You'll find that MOST of these types of individuals aren't widely known. ONLY in their niche markets, which is all they need.

Since these programs can range in Customer Lifetime Value from $500 - $30k for recurring high end offers, you can imagine the profits can start stacking up pretty quick. (Sponsorships are great ONLY IF the audience is massive to begin with since many sponsored podcasts make 4-5x from their back-end offers than from their show's sponsorship income. ie. Pat Flynn, John Dumas, etc)

Also, this is the EXACT method I use to promote our Done-For-You Podcasting services to great effect.

Using this method, audience SIZE isn't so important as is how TARGETED they are. If you have 50,000 listeners but only 200 are actually a good fit for your offers, then you're wasting your time. Whereas if you only have an audience of 1,000 but you're super targeted, you're sitting on a highly valuable asset for your business & growth.

Podcasting is NOT a business model. Podcasting is a media channel.

----------
#2. What changes do you anticipate in new media over the next few years?

VERY good question and I think there's a few things.

ONE. I think people will use podcasting as a way to connect and feel connected with likeminded individuals with similar interests. Because their time in the car, at the gym, walking the dog in the morning, etc can now be used to connect instead of listen to tunes or another audiobook (which many do of course). But I think the 'community' aspect is the biggest part that will shine through.
TWO. I'm honestly unsure. I think it will change and evolve rapidly as most other social media and platforms have, but as more people use the audio medium more creatively I think whole new formats will come out and show a versatility in podcasting we don't currently see.

Thanks Vigilante and I hope that helps!

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
If you are starting a podcast from scratch without an already established blog, what are the best ways to promote/market it?

I understand you need established guests, as well as cross promoting with other podcasts. Any other key things?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Curious: have you found any niches where podcasting works best, as opposed to others? The funnel looks like a typical online sales funnel with the podcast as a starting point, but there's an inherent advantage to using it as opposed to other methods as a 'lead magnet'.

Thanks for doing this, it looks like you're doing well for yourself and for your clients.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.