The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I did not work for 6 years, Now ready to start again :)

AchievingDreams

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 30, 2015
Hi dear fastlaners,

I just finished to read the TMF and found this forum.

The book is very sound and deserves his praises.

I am joining in, with the hope to get some insights in my entrepreneurial journey, and exchange with like minded individuals.

I also like to see this platform as a way to keep track of my progress, a motivational remainder and a personal journal.

I understand the value of this community is based on the quality of your inputs, I shall try to be a productive member while keeping my little secret gardens and not divulging my golden ideas ;)...

To give you some background about myself. I have a petroleum engineering background with a MBA from a very "Elite" Ivy league. I started a trader career in 2001 in NYC at a major investment bank. I always been a very competitive guy, poker player. chess player and above all money lover... Everything was fine money wise but I always had this "calling", this little voice telling me, you are building nothing, arbitraging the markets and speculating are not "real", I did get large bonuses and paychecks but was very unfulfilled,

fast forward to 2009, when a major rollercoaster event happened in my personal life, I goy married in 2004, got 1 kid early 2005, we had a second kid on the way in late 2008, but my wife had a miscarriage very late in her pregnancy which completely "F.cked" her up, as a result she got very emotionally instable and even more so needed professional psychiatric help, she did not even recognize me at times.

Back in 2009 in the middle of the subprimes crisis, I was here sitting at my hedge fund desk, trying to ride the financial markets waves, while my wifey was being all over the place, my first kid always crying as he did not see her mom frequently.

I decided that I had enough and I should put my energy in helping her recovering and taking care of my child since my wife was not able to do itat that times. I quit my job, quit a lucrative career withoput even looking back. Since the ned of 2009 I have not work a single seconds, yes I had cash on the side so I did not worry about that, we ve been living around the world since, Africa, Caribbean, Mediteranean, Middle east. We have a second child now, All is great. I am very proud of my achievement on that front making sure we stick together no matter what.

I now been out of markets and out of business for 6 years. I have N0 interest in returning to the markets. And getting a "job" is a big NO NO. Like they say: I burned my boat and I must conquer this island.

Now where to start ? I will figure it out... Like everyone on this forum I want to sell products to millions of people. An online business , strickly online or supporting an offline business ? Many questions not much answers.

Although money is a fundamental objective, the idea of building something from scratches, add value to customers and building a brand are really what motivates me.

I bought an online program on how to find your passion, I guess it will help me ask ask myself the right questions and help me refine my real areas of interests.

I also got myself the newly recommended business books.

So lets the journey begin ;)

Speak to you guys soon...

Achieve my dreams

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...