The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Development, Hosting, Analytics and More!

markustenghamn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 1, 2015
Sweden
I recently launched Anveto Designs which is the second of 8 different sites which I will include in my network of sites and services. Once I get everything rolling I will have anveto.com as my domain that handles all logins, billing and clients. I plan on adding a menu so that users can switch between all 8 different sites which are design, dev, analytics, hosting, social, marketing, url shortening and gaming.

The idea is to cross sell and package all these different services for our clients. A client purchasing a website design will probably be interested in getting his site submitted to the top search engines in addition to doing some basic marketing to get his or her business rolling.

That will all come soon, currently I would love to hear what you guys think of http://anvetodesigns.com. Currently we are offering web design, logo design and complete branding packages for our clients.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Glad to hear you are getting some clients.

That's great. :)

Okay ... you asked us to look at your page. A couple comments:

1) The text on the slider is exactly not the easiest to read. And the load time is a little slow.

2) The "Read More" buttons make no sense. I click it and I see the exact same thing I saw before. There was nothing "more" to read. I would get rid of them until you have "more" to read (... provided "more" makes sense ... sometimes short is sweet).

3) I click "Blog" and there is no blog.

4) You offer web design as one of your services ... and yet ... you site has these (and other) shortcomings ... kind of like a plumber with a leaky sink ... know what I mean ...? You really need to make sure your site is spit shined if you are in the web design business. Otherwise ... I would assume you don't know what you are doing or are not very good. I would eliminate that category until the site is (truly) ready to sparkle.

5) Portfolio: Sometimes ... less is more. Some of your logos are stronger than others. Some look sharp ... some others ... look kinda cheesy. Eliminate the cheese. Put your best foot forward.

6) I think the slider is taking up too much real estate on the top of the page. You are not making very good use of it.

7) I seriously question the logic burying your sign up form at the bottom of the page.

I'll stop there, for now.

As mentioned ... I think it is GREAT that you are taking action ... and that you are getting clients.

That's fantastic.

But I think you need to spend more time learning about web design from a sales and marketing standpoint.

To me ... it looks kind of "beginner" ... but to the average guy on the street ... who knows.

But I really (do) think you need to ratchet up your learning curve.

Here is a link that I think might get you going in the right direction: http://dotcomsecrets.com/thesecret

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

markustenghamn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 1, 2015
Sweden
Glad to hear you are getting some clients.

That's great. :)

Okay ... you asked us to look at your page. A couple comments:

1) The menu items on the slider are exactly not the easiest to read.

2) The "Read More" buttons make no sense. I click it and I see the exact same thing I saw before. There was nothing "more" to read. I would get rid of them until you have "more" to read (... provided "more" makes sense ... sometimes short is sweet).

3) I click "Blog" and there is no blog.

4) You offer web design as one of your services ... and yet ... you site has these (and other) shortcomings ... kind of like a plumber with a leaky sink ... know what I mean ...? You really need to make sure your site is spit shined if you are in the web design business. Otherwise ... I would assume you don't know what you are doing or are not very good. I would eliminate that category until the site is (truly) ready to sparkle.

5) Portfolio: Sometimes ... less is more. Some of your logos are stronger than others. Some look sharp ... some others ... look kinda cheesy. Eliminate the cheese. Put your best foot forward.

6) I think the slider is taking up too much real estate on the top of the page. You are not making very good use of it.

7) I seriously question the logic burying your sign up form at the bottom of the page.

I'll stop there.

As mentioned ... I think it is GREAT that you are taking action ... and that you are getting clients.

That's fantastic.

But I think you need to spend more time learning about web design from a sales and marketing standpoint.

To me ... it looks kind of "beginner" ... but to the average guy on the street ... who knows.

But I really (do) think you need to ratchet up your learning curve.

Here is a link that I think might get you going in the right direction: http://dotcomsecrets.com/thesecret

Good luck. :)

Great feedback! It's good that you are harsh and I realize I may have been in a too much of a rush to get this site out for you guys to review. But awesome, please do keep the feedback coming and I will improve the site and get better.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Great feedback! It's good that you are harsh and I realize I may have been in a too much of a rush to get this site out for you guys to review. But awesome, please do keep the feedback coming and I will improve the site and get better.

Harsh is good. You want progress ... not a pat on the back.

Me personally ... I've been bitch slapped more times than I can remember.

And I'm thankful for every one.

Great attitude. :)

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
You know ... it's funny.

Last year ... I did some things on my site ... that made (some) people absolutely FURIOUS.

They would be hurling all sorts of mean spirited insults at me ... thinking they were hurting my feelings ... when in reality ... I was constructively analyzing all of my hate mail ... for hidden gems.

"You know ... [Hater #5] raises a valid point ... perhaps I need to work on [whatever] ... Thanks, Hater!"

If they only knew ... all of their "insults" ... were actually helping me ... they'd shit their pants.

Seriously ... great attitude.

It will get you far.

markustenghamn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 1, 2015
Sweden
You know ... it's funny.

Last year ... I did some things on my site ... that made (some) people absolutely FURIOUS.

They would be hurling all sorts of mean spirited insults at me ... thinking they were hurting my feelings ... when in reality ... I was constructively analyzing all of my hate mail ... for hidden gems.

"You know ... [Hater #5] raises a valid point ... perhaps I need to work on [whatever] ... Thanks, Hater!"

If they only knew ... all of their "insults" ... were actually helping me ... they'd shit their pants.

Seriously ... great attitude.

It will get you far.

Thanks!

I try to look at all the feedback I get, whether it is someone furiously screaming at me (hasn't happened yet) or someone who sends a friendly email I try to make the best of it and improve. The client is always right in one way or another and any feedback I get her should be taken just as seriously as if it were from a long time client.

I have already made some changes. I had prepared a few blog post but neglected to publish them before making this post, no the first post is up so that the blog isn't empty anymore. I also made the background images slightly darker in the slider so that the text is easier to read. I know the slider takes up space but this will be where I pitch my "packages" as I do have a startup packaged planned. Also changed the "read more" buttons to "get a quote" which makes more sense.

The other points that were brought up are all good but I am going to take a bit more time improving them. I also plan to do more blog posts as content has been the key to driving content to other sites in the past.

Thanks again everyone!

markustenghamn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 1, 2015
Sweden
Alright, this morning I finished the initial version of Anveto Hosting (http://anvetohosting.com/). It's hooked up to the members area so that when a client buys a hosting package it is automatically setup when payment is received. I have two very different plans and I know it is not clear why someone would pick the more expensive plan at this time but it is there and I will work on fixing it once I get some of the other sites up and in working order.

So 3 of 8 sites are basically up and running now :D

markustenghamn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 1, 2015
Sweden
Alright! Site 4 out of 8 is done which is Anveto Marketing (http://anvetomarketing.com/). I will be selling SEO services to clients here, this could be a nice combination with users who might want to order a new website and need some initial marketing done to get it up and running.

I also put up a coming soon page for Anveto Games (http://anvetogames.com/) as this will probably be one of the last sites to get done as I would like to get further with game development before launching this site.

Feedback has been good so far and I feel that a progress thread like this one motivates me to keep going and keep updating :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.