The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to decide on what product to sell in online business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

onlinere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 30, 2014
Hi there
I am a 9-5 hireling wishing to call it quits with my current job. I have been religiously working for the past 15 years and have had it enough. Have put my papers down and want to start something of my own. I have no big experience in business although am game for it. I want to get into ecommerce business, typically reselling and online retailing sorts. I have a couple of web designing geeks who are ready to help me in setting up a site. I have shopped online quite sometimes but never really gave a thought into how it is done. What products can I sell, where can I sell and at what price?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1milclub

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jan 27, 2014
US
Hi and welcome!

Your question is very broad. You can sell pretty much anything and everything online! And it does not need to be just physical products, you can sell services too. Obviously this answer is too broad. Knowing anything can be sold, try to narrow down the scope. There are various options you can think of to narrow down your products to sell question.

- You are working for 15 years, what knowledge/expertise have you gained so far? Can that be shared some for free, and some higher level for a fee? Would others be interested to pay for that knowledge?

- Look around your house, your day-to-day activities and look for products you use. Can you buy those cheaper (on sale, clearance, etc.) and sell it on sites such as ebay, Amazon, etsy, etc.?

- Do you see any problem with any product or services you are getting that you think can be made/offered better?

As you can see there are various options but this will help you get started.

I highly recommend you read posts on this forum, especially 'Gold' threads as well as subscribe to 'INSIDERS' section where such questions are answered at length and valuable suggestions are made.

Hope this helps,

onlinere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 30, 2014
Hi there,

Much thanks for your inputs. My interest of business would be something that you posted in point #2. Selling products online. I have no contact of suppliers and I did look into some directories. Although am not sure of how far are they reliable. I came across an FB post in group about an app called whatcouldisell.com. Do you think this can help?

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
I think every response is on point. Your question is valid but it needs to be polished. How I'd start is to look for a product that fits a certain hole in a specific demographic. After you have ideas, look towards that demographic and do some market research. See if your idea has merit and how much would they be willing to pay.

I think that's a good enough start.

Just my 2 cents,
Nate-NewVenture

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!