The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to build a landing page on a budget?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
I have a client who has asked me to create a landing page for his small business.

Is there a way I can build this without paying $$$? This is a low budget, one-off project. I also have very limited coding ability so I can't easily make one myself.

Maybe I would be better just writing the copy, and telling the client they need purchase their own landing page software or find a programmer to build it for them.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
You can get cheap wordpress landing pages. Without spending money you could use a free wordpress theme and customize it.

There are also free html landing page themes out there

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Okay great. My client doesn't use wordpress at the moment. Will it cause any problems if he installs it alongside his current website?

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
If it's a pretty small project, check out weebly.com. You can get a free account that will let you have like 3 pages. It's a pretty simple interface, you wouldn't need any kind of website building experience.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Unless you have some web designers willing to do it for you or it's of very miniscule importance, I wouldn't go free on this.

I would try LeadPages.Net , I use it for alot of my campaigns.

It's 67/ month but they give you multiple different free templates that convert very well, and entire marketplace of every type of opt-in, landing page, thank you page, etc that you might need.
Can create unlimited Landing Pages too. Maybe you can charge your client like $200 and have it pay for itself.

If you really need soemthing just free, try www.wix.com , pretty simple and easy to use

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Having considered all the suggestions I think I will go with Lead Pages. Looks like it would be a good investment going forward.

Flora

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 5, 2015
Grove, OK
I have used weebly with all of my businesses and help friends with weebly. It is something simple that they can learn to do when they want to make a change in page without having to call me every time they need to update. It cost me $49 a year and that included registering the domain name. The tech support at weebly is unbelievably helpful and will help you integrate your friend's page.

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Really happy with the number of suggestions here, thanks!

I went ahead and signed up for leadpages.

It's pretty powerful, although the templates aren't completely customisable like I had expected (actually they are customisable, but you would need to code it yourself or outsource).

Unbounce has a drag and drop method and it looks like you can pretty much build whatever you want. It's also a bit more expensive, and I'm not sure if you can export pages like you can in leadpages.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I would suggest using WordPress with OptimizePress, Thrive Landing Pages, or something from ThemeForest

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
How customizable is OptimizePress?

I want to get my landing pages EXACTLY they way I want them...without learning code or getting someone else to do it for me.

I also need to be able to publish on client websites.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
+1 for Wordpress and Optimizepress

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
@Villain I recommend and use exclusively Optimize Press - as you don't have monthly costs like in Leadpages.net - if you host your own wordpress site and install a simple license of Optimize Press and you can create easily landing pages for your clients. You can use dedicated domains and then just cloak them and redirect to your own Optimize Press pages for clients. If you need help with this contact me - if you decide to get Optimize Press I offer people valuable bonuses.

I frequently offer people to have a test install of Optimize Press and play around with a test version - you are invited to take me up on that offer!

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
How customizable is OptimizePress?

I want to get my landing pages EXACTLY they way I want them...without learning code or getting someone else to do it for me.

I also need to be able to publish on client websites.

Another option is http://www.artisteer.com - that is the MOST flexible option for Wordpress.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We heavily use optimizepress too (see link in footer), its basically a WYSIWYG editor and makes it really simple to create landing pages. There's a slight learning curve and css/html knowledge is definitely good to have.
That's a great looking sales page in your signature... Optimizepress rocks.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Wordpress might be overkill for this, just go to ThemeForest like someone else said and search for HTML templates, not Wordpress, and pick your category. Find a nice one, upload, modify text/images and you're done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.