The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How often do you want to quit?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I think like most people, we all have our motivation highs where we're on top of the world. Customers left and right, and then something throws it off. Feeling like you haven't progressed enough, bad feedback from people, ect, ect.

I never end up quitting, but how often?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I have moments where I feel discouraged, moments where I really just need to take a day where I don't do anything that involves my business, I don't talk about it, think about it, do any work- sort of like a refueling day. But I actually never get the desire to quit- I never have so far, and I hope I never get the urge to quit in the future

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Never. Give yourself up to the game like people give themselves up to god.

This is my path and whether success is today or in ten years, i'm on this path until the end.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I think about quitting my job probably every ten minutes. That alone is motivation to keep my head on straight and in the right frame of mind to not "quit" my business. Is it hard? F*ck yeah. Does it suck sometimes? Yup. Would I rather slave away paycheck to paycheck working a physically and mentally/emotionally taxing job and have free nights and weekends? No way.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
I've quit too many businesses over the years, which has been my single biggest problem.

The barriers that seemed insurmountable in the moment don't seem like such a big deal with the benefit of hindsight.

I've thought loads of times looking back; 'there was no real reason to quit over x', 'why didn't I just try y?' etc

When I'm getting discouraged now, I think back to the the times I've quit and it reminds me that most of the 'tough' problems you encounter are amplified by emotion in the moment and nothing that can't be overcome with a bit of persistence.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Great responses. I totally agree. If you give up on your goal, you give up on life.

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
I've thought about quitting but I never will, I'm young, have nothing to loose and will never be in a better place in time to do what I'm doing. If you feel like quitting go and find someone with a job and just listen to them complaining...that should get you back into the zone fast enough.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
If you wanna quit do it tomorrow. Then tomorrow say you'll quit tomorrow. But first do a simple easy task that can be looked at as a small victory. I feel personally from my experience having a business and everything that goes with it is 90% mind frame and 10% effort.

Erica DSnap13

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 27, 2014
Today is one of the days I am feeling like this but I am still here online and working with that little black cloud over my head. However I got good news and Im Excited about it.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I do a lot of the time but when I remember the 100k a yr slowlane life (doesn't seem like a bad life sometimes) compared to the fastlane potentials out there the thought leaves my mind just quickly as it came :)

I am trying to replace Inspiration and motivation with desire and focus as my current fuel because after experimenting emotionally inspiration and motivation are just too unstable and rely too much on outside stimulus to get me going.

Relying on desire and focus that are dependent on "me" seems to have been a more stable fuel and I have not been feeling that many lows.
The reason for this I believe is because I have made much personal growth that keeps improving daily sometimes weekly and so does my desire and focus.

So in a sense there are no lows only highs !

Might sound a bit out there or worded a little strange but this is what I have been experimenting with over the past few weeks.

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
For anyone who is just starting out with a blog, or new website....whatever it may be. Just don't give up, the only people who fail in this business are the ones that quit. You are sure to face a number of problems on your journey..Let them build character and experience to carry you forward.

[link removed by moderator. please review forum rules regarding self promotion]

Last edited by a moderator:

garysvpa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jul 23, 2014
I think like most people, we all have our motivation highs where we're on top of the world. Customers left and right, and then something throws it off. Feeling like you haven't progressed enough, bad feedback from people, ect, ect.

I never end up quitting, but how often?

Quit Stopping: Make the Best of Your Job If You Can't Quit

imamompreneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 26, 2014
I often have moments of discouragement and a negative thought will pop up in my head that I'm not going to get where I truly want to be. But my desire and drive to succeed and to live the life I've desired for quite some tim outweighs that discouragement and disappointment. Daily I push myself because it allows me to get one step closer to where I want to be.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
"If I can't live how I want, than I'd much rather die." -Jay-Z

Came from the projects, now worth $500 million & married to Beyonce. Probably worth listening to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.