The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How long is your plan good for?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Do you know the forum rules relating to discussions on religion?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not sure

• No

• Don't Care

• Yes but I will do what I want

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 30, 2015
Hi all, I am new to the forum, and have been greatly inspired in my vending business as a result of the book. I am currently taking steps in executing scale in my small business. There is just one thing that I see a lot of people missing while on the path to creating success in life, that is, a longer term plan that will outlive us.

As a full time minister of the Gospel, my question is this, how long is your plan good for? 10 years, 50 years 80 years?

Don't make a fools mistake and miss the most important plan, the one for eternity, as there are no do-overs after we die.

My point is not to be insulting or condescending, but rather express great concern about where you will end up after you die. I hope this thread will put it on your radar that we were not created for 80-100 years, we were created for eternity, and ultimately, if we neglect a plan for eternity, we have missed the point of life completely. We all know that whatever wealth we attain here does not go with us, so why not take a moment today to consider your eternal plan.

God bless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Hi all, I am new to the forum, and have been greatly inspired in my vending business as a result of the book. I am currently taking steps in executing scale in my small business. There is just one thing that I see a lot of people missing while on the path to creating success in life, that is, a longer term plan that will outlive us.

As a full time minister of the Gospel, my question is this, how long is your plan good for? 10 years, 50 years 80 years?

Don't make a fools mistake and miss the most important plan, the one for eternity, as there are no do-overs after we die.

My point is not to be insulting or condescending, but rather express great concern about where you will end up after you die. I hope this thread will put it on your radar that we were not created for 80-100 years, we were created for eternity, and ultimately, if we neglect a plan for eternity, we have missed the point of life completely. We all know that whatever wealth we attain here does not go with us, so why not take a moment today to consider your eternal plan.

God bless.
No offense intended to anyone who will read this response.

But i find this post to be ridiculous as someone who is agnostic and more so leaning toward atheism. Although i am up for a good debate so long as there are facts to back it up, so OP the ball is in your court.

I personally do not believe there is anything after death, it doesn't make scientific sense. Further more, i believe religion is one of the biggest issues in this world.

It is a main cause for war. It is a business.

Personally in my opinion, I think it is absolutely crazy to believe in any of the stories written about in anyones version of the bible. (I have a theory on why)

I welcome friendly and intelligent debate on anyone who has an opinion otherwise.

Again, i hope no one took offense to this.

Shannon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 30, 2015
No offense intended to anyone who will read this response.

But i find this post to be ridiculous as someone who is agnostic and more so leaning toward atheism. Although i am up for a good debate so long as there are facts to back it up, so OP the ball is in your court.

I personally do not believe there is anything after death, it doesn't make scientific sense. Further more, i believe religion is one of the biggest issues in this world.

It is a main cause for war. It is a business.

Personally in my opinion, I think it is absolutely crazy to believe in any of the stories written about in anyones version of the bible. (I have a theory on why)

I welcome friendly and intelligent debate on anyone who has an opinion otherwise.

Again, i hope no one took offense to this.

Thanks for the post, I can understand your position and it sounds like you have given consideration to eternity, which was my main goal.

My hope was that people give consideration to what happens after and not leave it to chance.

We could go back and forth with arguments, but at the end of the day, we all choose to exercise faith in some way shape or form, through belief or unbelief.

I have a lot of people that I have met in my line of work that said they leaned towards Atheism, and actually, they were great people! Most of them ended up having some type of issue with religion from a bad situation, but great people that I could dialogue with.

I don't think in a forum that I am able to articulate my belief in an eternal after life adequately, but I will leave the thread with this question: Are you willing to risk forever without 100% certainty? Since people don't come back from the dead too often, we can't be certain, but to not believe without 100% certainty is a pretty big gamble if you end up being wrong don't you think? The way I believe and choose to live, produces a successful, peace filled life, doing good to others, treating people with respect, and enjoying my family, but with the hope that I will have an eternity in heaven one day. If I am wrong, what do I lose? If you are wrong, that can't be remedied.

Peace.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Thanks for the post, I can understand your position and it sounds like you have given consideration to eternity, which was my main goal.

My hope was that people give consideration to what happens after and not leave it to chance.

We could go back and forth with arguments, but at the end of the day, we all choose to exercise faith in some way shape or form, through belief or unbelief.

I have a lot of people that I have met in my line of work that said they leaned towards Atheism, and actually, they were great people! Most of them ended up having some type of issue with religion from a bad situation, but great people that I could dialogue with.

I don't think in a forum that I am able to articulate my belief in an eternal after life adequately, but I will leave the thread with this question: Are you willing to risk forever without 100% certainty? Since people don't come back from the dead too often, we can't be certain, but to not believe without 100% certainty is a pretty big gamble if you end up being wrong don't you think? The way I believe and choose to live, produces a successful, peace filled life, doing good to others, treating people with respect, and enjoying my family, but with the hope that I will have an eternity in heaven one day. If I am wrong, what do I lose? If you are wrong, that can't be remedied.

Peace.
I also enjoy family, treat people with respect and do good to others.

You must finish the "If i am wrong, if you are wrong equation" the answer is, if either of us are wrong we both end up with the same thing.

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
If I'm wrong and I am punished for my sins and go to hell for all eternity, I'll have some great company so it shouldn't that bad.

Besides, Satan is the good guy in the bible. Seems like a pretty top bloke tbh.

Also, I love how the only 2 options in the poll are "Yes" and "Not Sure" without a "No" or "I don't care".

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
If I'm wrong and I am punished for my sins and go to hell for all eternity, I'll have some great company so it shouldn't that bad.

Besides, Satan is the good guy in the bible. Seems like a pretty top bloke tbh.

:notworthy:

Shannon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 30, 2015
I also enjoy family, treat people with respect and do good to others.

You must finish the "If i am wrong, if you are wrong equation" the answer is, if either of us are wrong we both end up with the same thing.
Awesome, not intending to imply that you don't, just that a lot of people live for this life only, and I happen to believe what the Bible says, that there is only one way to enter heaven.

I guess my point was, if you choose to believe differently, you have to live with that decision. If I am wrong and there is no after life, you are right, we both wind up in the same place. But, if I am right and you end up in one of two places and you are wrong, that is where I ask people to consider where they would end up. Being only a good person in my belief system, doesn't qualify to get you into heaven as that is not what the Bible teaches. If you don't believe anything in the Bible, then there is not much for us to discuss I guess.

Like I said, at the end of the day, we choose to believe in something, and I am glad that you have considered these matters and are comfortable with your choice, it is just different that mine, that is all.

For me, it's like the fastlane book, I like to share what I know with others, my faith is the same way, please don't be offended, but do be challenged to really think through your system.
Thanks.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015

Peace.
I have this theory, hear it out then tell me if it is not at all possible.. Also, i hope anyone else who comes across this response offers their opinion on it.

Is it not possible that...

Currently with the medical advances we have made over the last 50-90 years, we are able to diagnose people with Schizophrenia, MPD, Etc...

However in the times when all of these supposed religious leaders (Moses, Jesus etc.. etc..) lived we were not able to diagnose these illnesses. Now surely they have probably been around since the beginning of human time. They didn't just start happening in the last 80 years.

However it is my theory that because of our lack of medical advances to diagnose people back when "They existed" (If its not a story altogether)

IS IT NOT POSSIBLE THAT...

jesus, moses, etc..etc all of whom have spoken with god... were potentially ill with a mental disease like schizophrenia. So maybe they weren't actually talking with anyone but the voices "They Heard" and because people of that time didn't know any better.. they simply believed it..

The reality is...

Back Then:
No medical advances to diagnose mental illness (Schizophrenia, MPD)
People are talking and communicating with God...

Now:
Medical advances to diagnose these disorders.
NO ONE is currently "communicating with god"
If they were, they would be diagnosed with something and shipped off to an asylum..

HMMMM.....?

Any thoughts?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Please refer to the forum rules relating to topics/discussions on religion.

tLdtAYN.png

Thread closed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome.

This is a business forum. Let's keep it at that, please.

Thank you.

Yes, this forum is not the place to debate religion. While spirituality and the meaning of your post is definitely important and worth a serious discussion, it eventually devolves into a religious debate. Religious topics are not permitted here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads