The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOW I SOLD 978 FICTION EBOOKS PER DAY IN 2014… (Article)

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
I tried posting this incredibly inspiring and helpful article with permission of the author, Mike Shreeve, but it proved to be way too long, and I didn't have time to keep trying to split it up. So, the link to the article is below, and I HIGHLY recommend you read it. Yes, I know I used all caps.

I met and chatted with Mike quite a bit years ago, before he was successful; about the time he decided to prove to his mailing list that he could quit his day job in just 24 hours by generating enough income through copywriting (which he did), and long before he started publishing fiction books. Really awesome guy, and this article is PURE GOLD.

Combined with teaming up with other authors and expanding out beyond just books, it could be even more powerful. Put in a content creation system like James Patterson (which he mentions), and you could build an empire.

HOW I SOLD 978 FICTION EBOOKS PER DAY IN 2014… (THE COMPLETE BREAKDOWN)
http://www.mikeshreeve.com/sell-978-fiction-ebooks-per-day-complete-guide/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Skimmed through didn't see a WSO or mike trying to sell anything

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thanks for sharing. I have found that to be true on my own journey.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
Great article, but one thing didn't make much sense.

He sold over $700k in books last year, but he's still doing copywriting? Why? Why would you take time away from a hugely scaled operation to work with clients 1 on 1?

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
Great article, but one thing didn't make much sense.

He sold over $700k in books last year, but he's still doing copywriting? Why? Why would you take time away from a hugely scaled operation to work with clients 1 on 1?
He works for copywriting clients a few hours a day and gets paid very handsomely for it. He really enjoys it. He's also scaled it down quite a bit in the last year. I know of quite a few pro fiction authors (talking about 85+ words a week writers) that spend a few hours a day writing blog posts, copywriting, and the like - they feel it keeps them on top of their game. Mike gives me the impression that he's balancing everything he does, keeping multiple highly successful businesses going at once.

GiroudJD

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Dec 25, 2013
MPLS
I'm not buying it.

Some good advice. But a lot of lies and half-truths.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
I'm not buying it.

Some good advice. But a lot of lies and half-truths.
One thing Mike is NOT is a liar. I've known him for years. We used to talk online regularly. He IS a great copywriter though, so his wording is definitely sometimes a bit fantastical. I trust him. It's fine if you don't, especially since you don't know him (or me). But, I definitely trust him.

Brett877

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 9, 2014
Missouri
Just curious, what are the laws in US regarding NON Copy Righted materials having them pay to access or pay to download? I have a vast amount of niche (like science and educational) free Ebooks, was thinking of categorizing them and charging per download something nominal like .99 or 1.99 or paying for access. The fee would be more of a this is for our service of providing them easily accessible.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.