The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I made (and lost) a million dollars

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I really like what I've read so far. I'm from upstate NY. I'm finishing up a book I wrote on my life as an entrepreneur and what I've been through. I want to learn how to publish and promote it and this seems like a great place to learn.
I had made a million dollars before I was 30 years old. I started out with no money at all. I bought one shitty old house, fixed it up and sold it. I turned that into a real estate flipping business that I ended up running for over 15 years. I bought and sold over 500 properties. Most I bought and sold in the same day.
When the market crashed, The IRS came knocking. They accused me of forcing the houses on people that didn't want them. It was total bullshit. They forced me into signing a plea agreement or else go to jail for 10 years. I ended up serving 18 months in a Federal prison and lost everything. Now I'm on the rebound and more confident than ever that I can come back 10 times stronger.
This is just an overview if what happened. The story is really crazy. I look forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully I can help you avoid what happened to me and hopefully I can learn from you guys as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
Damn, that sucks what happened. Best of luck with your book!
Thanks man. I've read a lot of your posts. I love what you do with the Facebook and Instagram likes. I totally get it. I think its a great idea. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon to buy some followers.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Will you be seeking damages for the time spent incarcerated?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
The IRS came knocking. They accused me of forcing the houses on people that didn't want them. It was total bullshit. They forced me into signing a plea agreement or else go to jail for 10 years. I ended up serving 18 months in a Federal prison
Jesus...additional info please?

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
Jesus...additional info please?
Oh don't worry, I'll tell more as I start to post more. I've been kinda busy reading what everyone else is writing on here.

The story is a crazy story, thats why I wrote a book.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Last edited by a moderator:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome to the forum !

I worked for a hard money lender. He went out of business in 2008 and ended up doing 18 mos. in Fed prison too. I remember the 1st day in Court with him and the rest of the employees and immediately without question, the whole thing smelled wrong....everything about it.

There is a lot of Gold here and I'm sure all you need is here. Please keep in mind that while we all get help here, we all contribute as well. This has been said before, but don't be afraid to share whatever you have in your book because you think no one here will buy it when it's published. Quite the opposite will happen.

So take off your shoes and stay a while.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I really like what I've read so far. I'm from upstate NY. I'm finishing up a book I wrote on my life as an entrepreneur and what I've been through. I want to learn how to publish and promote it and this seems like a great place to learn.
I had made a million dollars before I was 30 years old. I started out with no money at all. I bought one shitty old house, fixed it up and sold it. I turned that into a real estate flipping business that I ended up running for over 15 years. I bought and sold over 500 properties. Most I bought and sold in the same day.
When the market crashed, The IRS came knocking. They accused me of forcing the houses on people that didn't want them. It was total bullshit. They forced me into signing a plea agreement or else go to jail for 10 years. I ended up serving 18 months in a Federal prison and lost everything. Now I'm on the rebound and more confident than ever that I can come back 10 times stronger.
This is just an overview if what happened. The story is really crazy. I look forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully I can help you avoid what happened to me and hopefully I can learn from you guys as well.

Welcome! I can't wait to know more!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome. You've picked a great place to hang out. Looking forward to learning more about your story.

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
Can I pre-order?:) I really want to know the whole story. Welcome aboard!
I appreciate you asking. I don't want to give anyone the impression I'm on here just to sell the book, because I really am on here to learn an meet people as motivated as I am. I'll be sure to send you a free copy once I publish it.

Again, thank you for your interest.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
@CFLRider
Holy shit dude - you got people ASKING TO PREORDER YOUR BOOK!
That is called VALIDATED!
Make it - now!
Sell it - now!
That is make a pre-order landing page - see my examples:
www.zbooks.co
and
www.befreud.com

Notice how I put a timer in one and an early-bird giveaway.
I can make you a simple landing page like those in about 5 minutes.
Don't know how far along you are or if you have a publisher but get on it!
This is the kind of stuff I'm gonna package and product-I-ze, with online courses etc.
My SEED/Fastlane etc.

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
@CFLRider
Holy shit dude - you got people ASKING TO PREORDER YOUR BOOK!
That is called VALIDATED!
Make it - now!
Sell it - now!
That is make a pre-order landing page - see my examples:
www.zbooks.co
and
www.befreud.com

Notice how I put a timer in one and an early-bird giveaway.
I can make you a simple landing page like those in about 5 minutes.
Don't know how far along you are or if you have a publisher but get on it!
This is the kind of stuff I'm gonna package and product-I-ze, with online courses etc.
My SEED/Fastlane etc.
I know!! Its crazy, right? Not quite what I had expected, but I know my story is really amazing and that there are others that I could help by telling it. I appreciate your help and motivation and I'm definitely going to check out the links you sent me.

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Sounds awesome, I'd definitely check this out.

xmartel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 22, 2008
Canada, eh!
Amazing story. Makes me sick too. Just another example of the injustices in our legal systems. Justice, freedom, and liberty have significantly eroded these past 20 years. Anyway, I'll stop there and not turn this political.

Wishing you all the best and hope your book takes off and makes you back everything they took from you and more.

BTW, what's with your name? You a fan of the Roughriders of the CFL?

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
Amazing story. Makes me sick too. Just another example of the injustices in our legal systems. Justice, freedom, and liberty have significantly eroded these past 20 years. Anyway, I'll stop there and not turn this political.

Wishing you all the best and hope your book takes off and makes you back everything they took from you and more.

BTW, what's with your name? You a fan of the Roughriders of the CFL?
The name is just in relation to a model of motorcycle I have from West Coast Choppers. The CFL frame stands for "Choppers For Life".

Thank you on your compliments, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to tell more on here as I spent more time getting to know everyone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...