The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you keep healthy?

G

GuestUser8117

Guys. how do you keep your health everyday? I'm having serious issues with my energy level because I'm always F*cking tired as a result I've got no motivation to do anything. Just going to the grocery is hard. What's your routine for keeping your health optimal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BackOnTrack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 17, 2015
Manchester, UK
It's a lifestyle thing.

Eat good wholesome foods, and not processed foods.
Exercise regularly/strength training
Cut back on caffeine and alcohol
Good supplementation - fish oils, 1g per % of body fat, so if you are 15% bf, 15g of fish oils
Vit C - I'm on 6g per day
Zinc
Magnesium
Vit D3 if you don't live somewhere sunny
Fry food it coconut oil
Eat low GI carbs like sweet potatoes
Loads of greens such as spinach and green beans
Try a powdered greens drink as supplementation

I have just started buying grass fed meats and I'm amazed at how much better I feel than just buying the stuff from the supermarket where the animals have been pumped with hormones and fed on grains etc.

For me, it's now just a way of life.

A lot has been written on here about the Paleo diet, and I'm considering following this as I'm almost there already.

Consistency, as with everything, is key and forming the right habits.

Get decent sleep - 6-8 hours as without this no diet or exercise regime in the world will sort your energy levels.

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Eating clean and sleeping!

Exercise is extremely helpful in maintaining high energy levels but only when you are already fairly healthy. Otherwise, still try to keep up physical activity but don't exert yourself too much as it's just an additional stressor which will weaken the body even further.

You might just have some vitamin/mineral deficiencies, or something else is out of order. I would see a doctor and try to find out what's wrong. With proper tests you will be able to find out the root of the problem much quicker. Without the tests it's just a guessing game of why your energy is so low.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
IMO motivation is not about being healthy, it is all about your goals and desires. If you have a big goal and want to achieve it really badly, you will not even think about your energy level.

Try this process:
1. What is your biggest dream for 2015? Take 10 minutes and think about it.
2. Why do you want it? What is your 'reason why'?
3. Write down 10 most important task you have to accomplish in order to achieve your goal.
4. Make deadlines for this tasks and start working on them immediately.

Of course a healthy lifestyle is important and it can only help you become better person.
What can I recommend?
1) Do not eat sweets and fast food. For me it was hard only for 25-30 first days.
2) Wake up 1h earlier than usual and exercise hard. Body Beast Workout works fine for me. It is hard as a hell, but you will feel amazing after training. And you can do all of it at home with limited equipment - dumbbells and bench are enough.

I guess we all have motivation downgrades from time to time. Think about your biggest goal, dream, visualize, smile and go back to work. It will help.

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
IMO motivation is not about being healthy, it is all about your goals and desires.

Mind definitely has a lot to do with energy levels but overall I feel as if it's an irresponsible advice. Maybe you have never suffered from any condition, I know I have. Some things you can't just simply think your way out of. You can't think your way out of anemia if you have B12 deficiency. That's why I'm suggesting to get tested, it's much more likely to help. If the OP gets tired just by going to buy groceries, you can't expect him to start rocking the gym and waking up earlier! There is probably something more going on than just lack of motivation. Anyway, I'm not here to argue, in the end OP will have to discover for himself what works for him.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I also noticed very low levels of energy in myself recently so I just started eating more food, drinking more water and sleeping more.

Making changes in those three areas gave me so much more energy!

How much water do you drink? I really do believe I was dehydrated all the time. You might be too.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Mind definitely has a lot to do with energy levels but overall I feel as if it's an irresponsible advice. Maybe you have never suffered from any condition, I know I have. Some things you can't just simply think your way out of. You can't think your way out of anemia if you have B12 deficiency. That's why I'm suggesting to get tested, it's much more likely to help. If the OP gets tired just by going to buy groceries, you can't expect him to start rocking the gym and waking up earlier! There is probably something more going on than just lack of motivation. Anyway, I'm not here to argue, in the end OP will have to discover for himself what works for him.
Maybe you are right or maybe the grocery thing was just a metaphor. We do not know it from one sentence of Omerta. Getting tested is always good, though.

D

DeletedUser394

OP has been complaining about the same problems for years now.

This is where small, incremental improvements in your life, done consistently day in and day out can make a huge difference to your overall wellbeing.

Start with the 'obvious' things. Shower every day, brush teeth daily, go for walks, etc, etc.

One small change every day or every couple of days can make a HUGE difference over the course of months and years.

Imagine where you could be right now had you started doing things way back when when you first complaining about your living situation, and your health, etc.

Right now your parents are enabling your behavior and inaction.. so they probably mean well, but they are contributing to the problem.

What do I do to stay healthy? Eat right, workout, make new friends, have goals to work towards. You don't have to make any crazy/drastic changes in your life to start getting benefits.

D

Deleted5250X

Eat a clean 100% vegetarian diet. No meats, No Dairy, No Eggs.

Take 3 Months And Drink No Caffeine or Stimulants.

Go to church.

D

DeletedUser394

Eat a clean 100% vegetarian diet. No meats, No Dairy, No Eggs.

That would be vegan.

Vegetarian is more of the lacto-ovo variety.

I'm a vegetarian, but I'll be the first to admit that all scientific evidence says it isn't the healthiest. I do it for other reasons.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I was a 150.5 lb (6'0") skellyman, and I gained 22lbs of muscle in one year. Here's what I did:

1) Hit rock bottom. Get sick of your body, and decide something needs to change. Strangely, it was an important step for me.

2) Get a pro's help. I read blogs and books all day, and you can figure everything out for free... but you won't act on it. Just hire a pro from day 1.

"Wahh, but Jesse! I'm too poor to get a trainer." Get a book and follow it to the T. Once you commit to a program/diet, stick with it. Also, stop crying in public... you're getting snot on my shirt.

3) TUNE EVERYTHING ELSE OUT. Everyone will have an opinion of what you should be doing and how you should be doing it. Some people might even be right! Just trust your program and don't confuse things until you are an intermediate at whatever you are trying to do.

4) Have goals and track the metrics weekly. If you want to be a runner, time your miles. If you want to lift weights, know your girth measurements and weight. If you are losing weight, keep a food journal, track calories until you can estimate things well (it helps if you eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch), and keep an eye on the scale.

4.1) If your metrics don't move or go in the wrong direction 2 weeks in a row, change something. Say you were making progress on losing weight and all of a sudden one week you are 3lbs heavier. Don't worry (for now). But then, the next week, your weight hasn't changed, or you've gained another 1lb. Now it's time to take action, change something small like "no more soda" and see what happens to the scale the next week.

Focus on teeny tiny changes. I promise they add up. Nothing has to be perfect from the start.

Now, I'm about to blow your mind.... this was also the exact process I used to start my business.

tumblr_lzi0cfdeH71qi2cioo1_500.gif

What is wrong with your health? Where are you starting from and what would you like to change (lose weight, high blood pressure, etc)?

D

Deleted5250X

That would be vegan.

Vegetarian is more of the lacto-ovo variety.

I'm a vegetarian, but I'll be the first to admit that all scientific evidence says it isn't the healthiest. I do it for other reasons.

I just started eating vegan at that beginning of this year after reading a few books. My Dad has been doing it for a couple of years and he finally convinced me to join him.

3 Months in I feel better than ever. I made other lifestyle changes as well. No stimulants, no processed sugar, no alcohol.

I'll admit I wasn't eating the highest quality meats before or the best diets, but eating vegan has been a lot less expensive.

D

Deleted5250X

I was a 150.5 lb (6'0") skellyman, and I gained 22lbs of muscle in one year. Here's what I did:

2) Get a pro's help. I read blogs and books all day, and you can figure everything out for free... but you won't act on it. Just hire a pro from day 1.

Now, I'm about to blow your mind.... this was also the exact process I used to start my business.

How did you get a pro's help with your business. Did you hire a coach or just find mentors?

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
How did you get a pro's help with your business. Did you hire a coach or just find mentors?
Mentors yes, but I also repeated that when I got to a level where I plateaued and hired a coach.

With mentors, you pay by adding value to them. With coaches you just have to pay money :)

G

GuestUser8117

Thank you very much for your time and responses. I think I will have to implement a serious plan and follow through. I already drink a lot of water and sleep 9 hours. But my diet really sucks. I'll have to eat way less pastas and more fruit and vegetables. This is basic stuff. I sure don't get all the nutrients that my body on a daily basis. And I didn't really read the paleo thread but I should.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Guys. how do you keep your health everyday? I'm having serious issues with my energy level because I'm always F*cking tired as a result I've got no motivation to do anything. Just going to the grocery is hard. What's your routine for keeping your health optimal?

Check out Serious Mass from Optimum Nutrition.

Nutrition facts below.

Great way to cut out crappy eating while simultaneously giving your body consistent energy to fuel your workouts and work.

Amount Per Serving In Water% Daily Value
Calories1250
Calories From Fat40
Total Fat4.5g7%*
Saturated Fat1.5g8%*
Cholesterol80mg27%
Total Carbohydrate252g84%*
Dietary Fiber4g16%*
Sugars20g†
Protein50g100%*
Vitamin A5000IU100%
Vitamin C60mg100%
Vitamin D200IU50%
Vitamin E30IU100%
Thiamin4.8mg320%
Riboflavin4mg235%
Niacin50mg250%
Vitamin B65mg250%
Folic Acid400mcg100%
Vitamin B1210mcg167%
Biotin300mcg100%
Pantothenic Acid25mg250%
Calcium590mg59%
Iron8mg44%
Phosphorus430mg43%
Iodine150mcg100%
Magnesium140mg35%
Zinc15mg100%
Selenium70mcg100%
Copper1.6mg80%
Manganese2mg100%
Chromium120mcg100%
Molybdenum75mcg100%
Sodium410mg17%
Potassium1560mg45%
Creatine Monohydrate1g†
L-Glutamine500mg†
Glutamine Peptides500mg†
Choline (As Choline Bitartrate)250mg†
Inositol250mg†
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)5mg†

Last edited:

Manuel CM

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 23, 2015
Canada
STOPWATCH - Optimal discipline

5AM

52 mins of non-fiction reading
2 mins to take something healthy to eat (fruits + water)
6 mins of inspiring and enlightening music/video and moving

Repeat 2X

30 min for a good meal

52 mins of work

Repeat 4X

60 min for a good meal and exercices

52 mins of work

Repeat 4X

60 min for a good meal and exercices

52 mins of work

Repeat 2X

1.5 hours of free time

52 mins of non-fiction reading or video

10PM
Good Sleep (7 hours)

Repeat 6X

1 Day Rest

Last edited:

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
It''s mind.
Keep your negative thoughts out.
Try to focus on your goals.
Spend a weekend at the sea, river or lake.
More moves and less coffee and fast-food.
Only you can improve yourself.
Don't aside to start your NEW LIFE to the next monday. I've been sicked of gals and guys with their new life on Monday.
No one doctor cares of you if you don't have enough money to fed his/her family.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It depends on whether it's emotional, mental, or physical exhaustion? And sometimes even medical reasons can make you tired.
But I agree it's a balanced diet, moving your body, and balancing life spiritual/mental what ever is your thing.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Look into flexible dieting and use myfitnesspal to keep track.

Also get into weight training. It's great for stress relief as well as staying aesthetic.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Thank you very much for your time and responses. I think I will have to implement a serious plan and follow through. I already drink a lot of water and sleep 9 hours. But my diet really sucks. I'll have to eat way less pastas and more fruit and vegetables. This is basic stuff. I sure don't get all the nutrients that my body on a daily basis. And I didn't really read the paleo thread but I should.

I'd recommend you start just eating less. Download MyFitnessPal and just shave off a few pounds from there. Most people eat way more calories than they need to in a day. At first don't even worry about macros or sticking to Atkins, Paleo, Warrior, etc. Just plug your foods into the app and stay under your caloric goal.

This will get you to start realizing what foods are protein and vitamin rich, and what isn't. When you give yourself 1300 calories a day to eat, what sounds more tempting- a 300-cal piece of chicken, or 20 chips that give you the same 300 cals? Which choice is going to keep you from going hunger-crazy? You'll push yourself to eat healthier because 1300 calories worth of junk foods won't fill you up. Seriously, you can eat a 10-inch sub sandwich for lunch that is 1300 calories.

The advantage to this is you won't burn yourself out. You want to have a candy bar? Go for it, just factor that into the rest of your day's calories. If you try to jump on one of these "6-day-a-week" hardcore diet and fitness regimes you'll burn out within 10 days. Very few people can just turn on a dime, 99% of us need small, incremental changes where we improve ourselves a little bit more every day.

You might call it "respecting the process". I wonder if that'll catch on...

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
It's a lifestyle thing.

Eat good wholesome foods, and not processed foods.
Exercise regularly/strength training
Cut back on caffeine and alcohol
Good supplementation - fish oils, 1g per % of body fat, so if you are 15% bf, 15g of fish oils
Vit C - I'm on 6g per day
Zinc
Magnesium
Vit D3 if you don't live somewhere sunny
Fry food it coconut oil
Eat low GI carbs like sweet potatoes
Loads of greens such as spinach and green beans
Try a powdered greens drink as supplementation

I have just started buying grass fed meats and I'm amazed at how much better I feel than just buying the stuff from the supermarket where the animals have been pumped with hormones and fed on grains etc.

For me, it's now just a way of life.

A lot has been written on here about the Paleo diet, and I'm considering following this as I'm almost there already.

Consistency, as with everything, is key and forming the right habits.

Get decent sleep - 6-8 hours as without this no diet or exercise regime in the world will sort your energy levels.
wait what? "Good supplementation - fish oils, 1g per % of body fat, so if you are 15% bf, 15g of fish oils"

what are you on crack? Youd be fine at 3g a day

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
Download MyFitnessPal

I second this. I downloaded the app three weeks ago and it has completely changed how I eat and look at food. Chips are now the devil. It is empowering when you stay under your caloric goal for the day. It has shown me, if you can make a bunch of small decisions correctly, you can reach your bigger goal of being healthier.

Which is what life ultimately boils down to, a bunch of small decisions that lead to a bigger goal.

Just download the app and track, period! Don't try and change your diet or the world in a day. See on average, how many calories you are consuming. The realization that you ate 5000 calories in one day will sink in quickly. The next day, try to eat healthier and see how many calories you shaved off from yesterday.

Ultimately, only you can change your life!

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Aug 2, 2013
Just like reading "The Millionaire Fastlane " or "The Four-Hour Workweek" opens your eyes and can change your mindset forever, I think educating yourself about what could be causing the low energy levels will last a lifetime. Forget weight training and calorie counting, if you're having problems with your energy levels it's probably from your nutrition. I can go a month without working out and still spring out of bed at 5am, have no crash throughout the day and go to bed at 11 or 12 at night.

Read The Ultramind Solution by Mark Hyman. It's definitely the number one book I've come across in regards to nutrition and will open your eyes for a lifetime. I've read and re-read this a few times and have been applying it for years. Here's the link to amazon check out some reviews: http://www.amazon.com/UltraMind-Solution-Broken-Brain-Healing-ebook/dp/B001NLKU7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427378399&sr=8-2&keywords=the ultramind solution

Other good books on nutrition:
- Wheat Belly http://www.amazon.com/dp/1609614798/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
- 150 Healthiest Foods in the World (big reference book with pictures/descriptions of foods to choose from at the grocery store) http://www.amazon.com/dp/1592332285/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Exercise is important, and you should always do some form in the day, but your post is mainly about looking for energy which starts with nutrition.

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
Forget weight training and calorie counting, if you're having problems with your energy levels it's probably from your nutrition.

I disagree with you about weight training and calorie counting.

Reading is great, but people get stuck reading instead of doing. Calorie counting is directly tied to your nutrition. You are teaching yourself what is and what isn't good to put in your body. I get that calorie counting doesn't tell you what to put in your body, I could eat 4 cups of ice cream and that would be my caloric intake for the day. But, you start to learn what you shouldn't consume.

I think pairing excising and calorie counting with learning about nutrition is the best plan of action. But, how do you help someone that can't even go to the store? I don't think they are going to read a book, do you? Downloading an app, requires little effort. Adding foods that you eat throughout the day to that app, also requires little effort. Op will be accomplishing something tangible by doing this and it requires minimal effort.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Aug 2, 2013
I disagree with you about weight training and calorie counting.

Reading is great, but people get stuck reading instead of doing. Calorie counting is directly tied to your nutrition. You are teaching yourself what is and what isn't good to put in your body. I get that calorie counting doesn't tell you what to put in your body, I could eat 4 cups of ice cream and that would be my caloric intake for the day. But, you start to learn what you shouldn't consume.

I think pairing excising and calorie counting with learning about nutrition is the best plan of action. But, how do you help someone that can't even go to the store? I don't think they are going to read a book, do you? Downloading an app, requires little effort. Adding foods that you eat throughout the day to that app, also requires little effort. Op will be accomplishing something tangible by doing this and it requires minimal effort.

You're right, if OP doesn't have a strong enough desire and willingness to take action then my post is falling on deaf ears.

Calorie counting though for what he's trying to accomplish (more energy) I don't believe will work. If he has an intolerance to certain foods (ie wheat, dairy, etc) and he still only consumes small amounts within his caloric range, these foods can have huge impact on his well-being, brain function, and energy. For example, even half a piece of bread for someone who has wheat intolerance (myself) can lead to brain fog, fatigue and headaches... sometimes it stays in the system for up to 3 days even.

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
You're right, if OP doesn't have a strong enough desire and willingness to take action then my post is falling on deaf ears.

Calorie counting though for what he's trying to accomplish (more energy) I don't believe will work. If he has an intolerance to certain foods (ie wheat, dairy, etc) and he still only consumes small amounts within his caloric range, these foods can have huge impact on his well-being, brain function, and energy. For example, even half a piece of bread for someone who has wheat intolerance (myself) can lead to brain fog, fatigue and headaches... sometimes it stays in the system for up to 3 days even.
I have a good buddy with gluten issues. He isn't even the same person after he eats anything with gluten. So, I totally hear what your saying.

Honestly, I think that OP is probably dealing with some form of depression. I don't say that lightly. I have dealt with depression at different times in my life and I went to school for psychology, so I understand. A poor diet can only exacerbate the issues they are dealing with and keep the negative cycle perpetuating.

That is why, I think, providing the OP with something that requires extremely minimal effort could be beneficial. No matter what that is: weight lifting, reading nutritional books, calorie counting, or sleeping better. The easier the better. The OP can tackle this on their own, but it is going to take one decision at a time.

OP could tackle the issue with professional help much faster than trying to tackle it themselves. I would, like others have stated, go see their primary care physician.

BackOnTrack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 17, 2015
Manchester, UK
wait what? "Good supplementation - fish oils, 1g per % of body fat, so if you are 15% bf, 15g of fish oils"

what are you on crack? Youd be fine at 3g a day

No, not on crack.

Admittedly, one g of fat per % of BF is more for fat loss.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/post-workout-nutrition-fish-oil-for-fat-loss

The first habit is to start off with one gram of fish oil per one percent body fat.

When people are new to the program that's the number one thing they start with. We do that up to about 30 grams, so if someone is 20 percent body fat, they take 20 grams of fish oil a day. If they're 30 percent, they take 30 grams a day.

We also have them throw a multivitamin in there each day. So, habit number one is fish oil (one gram per percent body fat), and then a multivitamin. We do this as the first habit because it's really effective.

For starters, physiologically it kicks starts the body's fat loss by increasing metabolism, along with so many other benefits. It can improve skin quality, and it helps you feel more full at each meal.

There's also some new research showing that it fish oil impacts the motivation "centers" in the brain. So, people may be more motivated to follow their exercise plan as well as their good nutrition habits when they're taking fish oil at this dose.

On the psychological side it's actually a habit that's pretty easy to do, and it fosters habit building and positive momentum.

Then every two weeks from there we add another habit. The second habit in our program is eating the "most carb dense" meals after exercise. This is another really effective one physiologically and psychologically.

and here

http://www.allstrengthtraining.com/2011/10/07/5-easy-changes/

Fish oil is another boring old supplement that gets far less credit than it deserves. Yet in high amounts, it can work wonders to kickstart the body’s lipolytic (fat-burning) genes and turn off the lipogenic (fat-storing) ones. We use the same dosing recommendations as experts such as John Berardi, Charles Poliquin, and Johnny Bowden – use 1-1.5g of fish oil per % bodyfat, per day. So somebody who is 30% bodyfat would use between 30-45g of fish oil per day for up to 4 weeks. Try to split it into as many small doses as possible (5-10g per serving), and liquid fish oil is easier to take and more cost-effective in high amounts than capsule forms.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
Omerta, have you been tested for lime disease? While it does sound like your diet and exercise routine needs attention, chronic exhaustion is a red flag for lime. If you haven't had a full check up with blood work lately, do so.

While you are waiting for that appointment, start carrying a little notebook and writing down what you eat, what time you ate it and how much (roughly) of it you ate. That will tell you a whole lot. It's one thing to look back in your minds eye and say "I think I'm eating too much pasta." but once you have pencil on paper spelling out exactly what you did and didn't eat, you will really have something actionable. Some obvious self sabotage may well jump off the page at you. If you have a week or two worth of that list in your hand when you talk to a medical professional, they will have some real information to base some real professional advice on.

I agree with much of what has been posted about food thus far, but without you really itemizing what you are and are not eating already; this is all well meant but purely speculative. We can all chime in with "eat this - not that" but unless you establish where you are it will be difficult for you to chart a course to where you need to go.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

You might find 9 hours is too much sleep. I was in a bad place health wise a year ago. Now I get up at 5:30am (since the clocks changed) go for a 2 mile walk with the dog, only have one cup of coffee a day (water only thereafter) and have removed pasta, potatoes and rice from my diet (lots of salads and steamed veg with chicken breast).

I also set 10pm as bed time so I get 6-7 hours sleep. I didn't do all these straight away but fed them in gradually. I have lost 13lbs in the last couple of months and feel better than I have in years. Have just added a 10 mile cycle to my daily routine which is already having positive effects in both energy and concentration levels.

I do have a personal trainer living in the house but I haven't taken advantage of him yet. lol

My son:.....

JMLGOt8.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.