The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you deal with loneliness (in a sea of regular people)

Anything related to matters of the mind

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Me: So what you interested in?
Them: Sports. Girls. [Something that doesn't create self-worth, but the perception of worth]
Me: Cool. Let me talk to you about that for ten minutes. Oh, we're friends now? Cool. But honestly, I could care less if I ever see you again.

Right now I feel sad. And let me pre-empt that by saying that I'm not depressed. I'm usually happy. Most of the time I'm happy.

But sometimes, like now, I struggle.

I meet 20 people in a night. But not one person with actual self-worth.

Not one person that values intelligence, hard work, and the attainment of personal accomplishment. The attainment of personal happiness.

They care about what others think.

And they live their lives based on how they think that other people think they should be living their lives.

And that makes me sad.

Personally, I don't think I'm an introvert. But I find myself spending a lot of time alone since I struggle to find quality people around me.

I meet people. I make friends. But in the sea of mediocrity -- I engulf in loneliness.

On rare occasions I find great people. And I stick with them. I invest time in them. And I feel happy.

But most of the time, I find the opposite.

So my question to you: How do you deal with this loneliness? How do you deal with this societal disconnect? How do you deal with the sadness of being all alone in a sea of "normal" people?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

Think the internet underworld has a name for them "normies". They grow up with little zest for life, self-discovery, or greater curiosity for the world and life outside of their self-defined bubbles. How you deal with it, hang onto the like-minded people. As your network grows, get to know the network of the people whose relationships you get on good with. I add value and get value back to peoples lives and that's part of why I think things are going right for me right now. I'm convinced there's not one person on earth that can say they have "everything" regardless of wealth. You can connect with anyone. I connected with some stand up guys on the Forums here. I trust you can say the same?

On a sort of side note. I always appreciated your posts on eCommerce and am finalizing a launch for my own custom eCommerce apparel line with legit designers from Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein. I spent decent money on this. Care to chat some time? I'd like your two cents.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Them: Sports. Girls. [Something that doesn't create self-worth, but the perception of worth]
Me: Cool. Let me talk to you about that for ten minutes. Oh, we're friends now? Cool. But honestly, I could care less if I ever see you again.

Right now I feel sad. And let me pre-empt that by saying that I'm not depressed. I'm usually happy. Most of the time I'm happy.

Not one person that values intelligence, hard work, and the attainment of personal accomplishment. The attainment of personal happiness.

And they live their lives based on how they think that other people think they should be living their lives.

And that makes me sad.

Personally, I don't think I'm an introvert. But I find myself spending a lot of time alone since I struggle to find quality people around me.

I meet people. I make friends. But in the sea of mediocrity -- I engulf in loneliness.

On rare occasions I find great people. And I stick with them. I invest time in them. And I feel happy.

So my question to you: How do you deal with this loneliness? How do you deal with this societal disconnect? How do you deal with the sadness of being all alone in a sea of "normal" people?
SAME HERE.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Consider the true "hustler" for a moment, the guy putting in what @MKHB calls "sweat equity."

Consider the guy who finds Grant Cardone, and was already applying what Cardone preaches.

Consider the guy who does not have a 9-5 job; his hustle, his business, his dream is his 9-5. And unlike 9-5 types, he does not count the hours, because loves what he does.

Statistically, this guy does not relate well with the average person. The average person spends most of his or her time at their job, or tending to their job. Nine to five is eight hours.

Eight F*ckin' hours.

You spend the other 8 sleeping.

A third of your life is your job, if you work a job.

Jesus.

Wow.

That's the first time I did the math like that.

So glad that's not me.

Anyway, some of the other third is spent in traffic, commuting for the job, getting dressed in the morning for the job.

Now, back to the hustler.

The hustler, the true hustler, the 100% hustler, the "all in" hustler, the CEO-of-the-future-aspiring, Gordon-Gekko worshiping lunatic... he's focused on money, and making a lot of it.

He's focused on playing the game. He's focused on analyzing his moves, before and after the calls and the meetings, plotting to the close, the end game, the signed agreement.

It's in his mind when he wakes up; it's in his mind all day long; it's in his mind when he goes to sleep.

It's in his mind in his dreams, and in his nightmares, like a soul stalking its own shadow in the darkness.

He's obsessed to the point of weirdness about his dream, and that's exactly F*ckin' why he'll get it.

Eventually, after an often horribly long period of time, greatness is obtained.

Nietzsche's greatness was his own legend, the Ubermensch, which he never got to see in life.

In life, we can use what he gave us - The Will to Power - to obtain whatever our mind can rationally conjure, and whatever we are willing to fight for with all of our heart, mind, body and soul.

The hustler who strains every nerve and fiber to ascend to greatness will have as many true friends as Musashi did.

Lol. ALL of my "friends" are hustlers.

That said, I've actively been on this forum for a few years now, and I have found some worth talking to, even worth working with.

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
You're from Chiraq. If you mind me asking what kind of upbringing did you have?

I'm just curious.

Last edited:

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Note - wrote this spontaneously and it's all over the place. But maybe it has something useful in it so here goes

Not sure where you meet these people, but maybe try meeting people in different kinds of venues/situations.
Still, if you're meeting 100 people per week for example, the math seems a bit off...you meet 0% cool ones?

I'd be curious as to how you assess what their values are...

I know of a super-accomplished girl who made a lot from nothing. She still is too shy to dance at the bar though. She needs a drink to do that. Except when she's with me - then she just needs me, as I'm one of those guys with great inner game and will just dance in the street if I want to.

At first she was embarrassed to even stand next to me as I started to dance, and even pretend that I'm drunk:)

It's not a all or nothing game. People are not either 100% cool or 0% cool.

Everyone has their flaws. And their dreams. And many people have great potential. Like a flower ready to bloom. So why not sometimes YOU be their sun, their inspiration and permission to bloom?

Why don't you teach them what YOU know, introduce them to the possibilities, show them how they can achieve their dreams, show them where to start?

Most will do nothing with it, but some will surprise you, and surpass the teacher. They just need a little direction, a little motivation. With everyone so negative, why not be the positive one, the one who says YES, you can do it, and then give all the why's and how's, just like those "you can't do it people" do.

Just the shine in people's eyes, that spark...when after years of being put down, after starting to really believe they won't make it...and then some stranger is so ambitious about it, and says YES, you can do it, you should do it.

I'm not saying this is how it is, just some possibilities:

- Is social setting such that people really can express their true selves? For example in a loud club, you just see/meet a bunch of people. You can make guesses about them, sometimes very good guesses - but you can't really know.

- Do people really open up to you, and do you give them a chance or it's like you said, 10 minutes of small-talk and then you dismiss them? This is pretty much normal, that most people in most situations don't really open up right away.

Contemplate the following scenario...one of those 20 people you meet per night is a really successful dude. In fact, you even read an article about him and was impressed. You'd totally want to be friend with him.

Now put yourself in this guys shoes...

He meets you. What's his impression of you? What are his experiences with people who learned he's successful? Why would he go with anything deeper than smalltalk with you?

As you probably know, many people will give you a blank stare when you say you quit a well paid job to pursue a dream. Or get all negative when you say what your dream is, giving you a 100 (often well meaning) reasons why it couldn't be done. Because they couldn't do it.

So why would anyone want to put up with that repeatedly?

It's much easier to talk about sports, weather and whatever.

Trust is built over time, and small talk is a nice starting point. Sometimes when you present your ambition first, you'll get a successful person to open up and give you some advice.

If you genuinely want to be friends with successful/ambitious people...it's nice if you have some other common interests, maybe traveling, or mountain-climbing, or clubbing - anything that you do just for the joy of it. Otherwise, if all you talk about is business/ambition, that's more of a mastermind or mentorship.

- Maybe organize a simple meetup and make it so that the topic/venue/idea is totally interesting to the kind of people you'd like to meet. A meetup that you'd like to go on. Create it:) Other people who'd also like to meet their peers do check out meetup.com and maybe hope to see that very event, that no one has come up with - because you're the one who should do it:)

So what happens with them, do these friendships somehow stop? Do you travel a lot? Sounds like you should be having enough phone numbers to call on when you feel lonely and just say, hey let's go do something, let's go for a beer...

No particular plan needed. Once you're out and about things happen:)

- If you're really set on meeting accomplished people, perhaps just be proactive in networking. Go to places where there's a higher chance of meeting them. Fashion shows, premieres of all kinds, exhibition openings. And be proactive in meeting people and initiating contacts.

Most people wait for someone to call them somewhere.

I like to be the one who initiates things. And creates an amazing night, or daily event out of thin air. I'll just call people up and say - hey let's meet there, let's do this, it will be awesome and I'm calling X too. And then I call X and say the same thing plus that Y and Z are also going.

And then I just let Z know that a bunch of us are going to have some great time, and (s)he is welcome to join, but don't overthink, the offer is time limited:)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Try focusing on giving (how can I brighten their day, encourage them, etc) instead of getting (please fill this loneliness inside me, connect with me in a way that excites me). I'm in the middle of that transition myself, and it is working wonders in my overall outlook.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I used to have severe loneliness. Basically it was a lesson to be self-reliant. Mentally tough, independent, and not rely on others to fulfill your needs. Basically stepping out of codependency, not counting on anyone else to make you feel good, feel happy. You're in charge of your own self-worth. You're in charge of how you feel about yourself and the world. And even if you did have a partner, same thing. They can't always make you feel happy, complete, and whole. That comes from inside of yourself. And yes, most people aren't self-actualized and it makes it difficult because you can never go backwards once you're here. And yes, keeping yourself busy with business stuff, creating,and moving does help you to make the time go by.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I have similar issues but we can learn from anywhere,anyone and anything to use in our own business and life.

I finally found some meetups worth going to, well a few others looked worthwhile but were for aspiring programmers or those looking to learn to code, whereas I focus on harnessing my strengths these days.

Like @FastNAwesome said sometimes we need to make small talk before getting to a deeper level where we can find, contribute and share mutually valuable stuff.

Another thing is environment, I'm not sure how long I will stay in Taipei where I am living now, but I have plans to move to Chiang Mai where supposedl there is a thriving Entrepreneur and Digital Nomad community. Just working on my prototype and biz and revenue model, complete an offline project and payment, register my company and open another Bank account in HK then move.

I think perspective plays a an integral part in live and Entrepreneurship so understanding how and why 'normal' people act and think the way they do might bolster,improve,grow feed your own biz success.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
After making this post, I didn't log back on this forum for a couple days because I felt uncomfortable asking for help. However, I'm really happy with the feedback you guys gave - so thank you. :)

Care to chat some time? I'd like your two cents.

Would be more than glad to. But I'm not in clothing anymore. However, send me a private message and I'll help you wherever I can.

I don't feel much alone anymore, the more I raise my value the more I feel connected with the people around me. Bringing them up, and what not.

This is something that I've come to realize. Certain people really value my "leadership". A couple weeks ago I was bored on a flight, so I decided to see how much I could change the outlook of the guy next to me before the flight was over. At the end of the flight, he kept thanking me and telling me he was honored to sick next to me.

Whole time I'm thinking: "... the heck? I didn't really do anything."

So I guess my problem is that I don't really like leading as much as I like being. However, bringing other people up is a major reason we live - so maybe I just need a change of perspective.

I'm just curious.

Grew up poor. Son of immigrants. Honey on bread was a nice meal.

Parents invested time + money into my education. Went to the best public schools. But made friends with everyone.

Had a lot of friends from Cabrini Green (most notorious projects; city knocked these down, relocated everyone to the southside, hence starting drugs wars, etc., and what you now know as "Chiraq").

Had friends that are now dead. In jail. Which makes me sad. They were overall good people, just never taught any better.

However, also had friends that came from money, went to Ivy League schools, etc.

Overall: Had an incredibly diverse upbringing. Personally, made a lot of mistakes in my youth. Things I regret and don't like talking about. But learned from. And hopefully am a better person because of.

P.s. Looks like you're from Sydney. Chicago's only "bad" in about half the city. All the areas you'll see when visiting are extremely nice and safe. City's definitely worth visiting - specifically in the summer (when it's winter for you).

Most will do nothing with it, but some will surprise you, and surpass the teacher.

Agreed. I just struggle wanting to "be the teacher".

As for your other points - I think that I'm allocating my time wrong. 5-6 days a week I spend time on my business/decompressing. Then that 1-2 times a week I meet people, but meet them in the wrong environment.

Try focusing on giving (how can I brighten their day, encourage them, etc) instead of getting (please fill this loneliness inside me, connect with me in a way that excites me). I'm in the middle of that transition myself, and it is working wonders in my overall outlook.

Agreed.

Basically stepping out of codependency, not counting on anyone else to make you feel good, feel happy. You're in charge of your own self-worth.

That's me 95% of the time. The 5% is what I'm trying to work on.

Another thing is environment, I'm not sure how long I will stay in Taipei where I am living now, but I have plans to move to Chiang Mai where supposedl there is a thriving Entrepreneur and Digital Nomad community.

I agree whole heartedly. Another city you should consider close to you is Shenzhen. I was just there. Beautiful city - set to become the new Silicon Valley.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I had the same problem and my gf has this problem right now. Her girlfriends are only interested in food, reality programs, social media and are lazy as F*ck.

Find places where people go to grow like fitness, organisations like TED or some specific courses. For me it helped when I went to Toastmasters. However, the "all is positive"-guru-pep there sometimes annoys me.

Right now I also don't have many friends, even I'm very extravert and social. I make small contact with many people and some are worth it to dig deeper. Some are not. There are people in your area who actually are interesting for you. Just find them on the right places, probably not in a nightclub.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Sometimes if you can't find groups to fit into, you have to start your own. That's usually the case with many entrepreneurs. A lot of great things were started by great men because they didn't exactly fit into societal norms. - and who wants to?!

Last edited:

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada

And that makes me sad.

Practice non judgement and acceptance with people around you.

Truly practice it.

Otherwise you give yourself cancer and for what?

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014

And that makes me sad.

Here's an option you can take into account:

Apply one of the principles of Stoicism, philosophy founded in Athens in the early 3rd century BC. The principle is the following:

Change the perception of your reality.

To do that ask yourself:

"If I was forced to be happy despite loneliness, what could make me happy about my current situation?"

I'll share with you two of my answers. I hope they could inspire you ^_^

1. I can be happy because I'm proud not to be like the mass of people that just complain about their shitty lives, but they do nothing to change it
  2. I can be happy because being alone allows me not to have to invest my time in maintaining relationships, I can focus my time on what is important to me
Change the perception that you have of your loneliness, make it something that can make you happy, and you could even really enjoy being a lone wolf that hustles to get what he yearn.

At worst, you'll feel less unhappy.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Between mediocrity and success is a lonely place. You lose the 'comfort' of the first while still not having the results of the second. Its a place where many turn around and give up. That's out of the few who even try to begin with. It can last months, years or even decades. I think no matter how many people you surround yourself with it is still a lonely place. The battle is internal and it is fought by only you. There is no competition - its your goal of how you want to be against how you will be if you give up. You could be in a room full of people or by yourself reading a book - it doesn't matter.

I have been in this place a while and while I still have no idea how long it will take I know I can't run back. I wouldn't say I am lonely since I know hundreds of people, many of them successful but the battle and struggle itself is lonely. I hope that makes sense.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It can last months, years or even decades. I think no matter how many people you surround yourself with it is still a lonely place.
What if it doesn't have to exist to begin with?

I mean, we are entrepreneurs...we solve problems. Any problem in the world can be solved.

So why not this problem?

Just because being lonely on this journey has happened to many of us on this journey before, doesn't mean it has to be that way for the future generations of entrepreneurs.

What if they could choose to be happy throughout the journey? Perhaps they can surround themselves with more like-minded people (they are out there).

Or what if they can transition between the realities they live in?

When it's time to get to business, you put on the business personality. But what if you can train yourself to have fun with people who have different interests as you?

What if we all could choose to be happy and surround ourselves with great people already, but choose to bring up the emotions of loneliness?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@AndrewNC that is powerful. Thanks.

I agree. You have left me with some thoughts to ponder. Perspective is such a powerful thing.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Sounds like a battle with judgement. Check out this post I wrote a few years ago.

I choose to re-frame situations now. For instance in your example. I go to a club with 20 people that aren't similar to me/my thoughts. I meet Suzie hot stuff that wants to talk about Kim K. Instead of running for the hills I try to understand "what" she likes about it/her. My hope is to garner some respect for the "what". Maybe it helps her deal with parents that ignored her. Maybe she wants to be a model someday. Maybe gossip is the only think holding this girl together. I try not to judge. I also try not to help/correct/advise etc. (unless asked for).

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

For bonus points - identify someone that doesn't judge you (but probably doesn't care about your ambitions/pursuits etc.). Observe how they interact with you. I learn a lot about myself with this exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I have found that the key is to have something in common with the people that you hang out with. People that like to bowl should hang out with bowlers and not give a shit what they do with the rest of their life. If you like mountain biking, join a club or make some friends that mountain bike.

I personally have many friends that do many different things. I don't care what they do for a living. It does not affect me.

Enjoyment of shared activities!!!!

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

And that makes me sad.

Can you realize & admit that you may be trying to control how other people should behave and what they must strive towards and how they should live their lives?

Can you realize that you will never be able to control any of these?

Can you admit that this may be the source of your sadness and that trying to control any of these will only make you feel miserable?

Can you appreciate people with all their differences and maybe learn from them (or observe in them) different aspects or characteristics that you may currently lack?

Can you watch people not from a single point of view in your brain but with compassion from the heart and realize that they all are doing what they think is best?

Can you realize that you can never awoken anyone unless they are willing to try new ideas, and that you can only make suggestions to them or give advice when asked for it?

Can you recognize that your best bet is to stop resisting life by trying to control what other people do and how they are?

Can you lead by example (and results)?

Is it possible that your sadness may come from insecurity, lack of results or lack of proof to justify your current beliefs to them?

Can you give me a Hi5?

Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
When it's time to get to business, you put on the business personality. But what if you can train yourself to have fun with people who have different interests as you?

What if we all could choose to be happy and surround ourselves with great people already, but choose to bring up the emotions of loneliness?

I personally have many friends that do many different things. I don't care what they do for a living. It does not affect me.

Enjoyment of shared activities!!!!

I'm on my own most of the time, since most of the time (besides the time at the job and sleeping) I'm working on my business. But even if my closest friends have a complete different mindset on life and on the future, we enjoy every minute we do something together. How I do that? I don't even come up with topics like future planning or my dislike for jobs and careers. If I'm doing something with my friends I'm doing it to get a break from working, to get my head clear and just enjoy the time with my friends. To me it doesn't matter that they are working jobs, studying or working on climbing the career ladder. If I want to talk about business topics or Fastlane mindset topics I come to this forum or talk with my business partner. But if I want to get my head clear for a few hours once a week I hang out with my friends, play Fifa, go to the cinema or just hang out with them at the lake.

In my opinion lonliness is related to not being happy, if I'm happy (what I am while working on my business) thoughts of lonliness, just because I'm on my own most of the time, don't even occur.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Yep @AgainstAllOdds I've read a bit and heard interesting things about Shenzhen especially regarding manufacturing and Hardware, will definitely take a visit when I can, thanks.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

What have you done to meet like-minded people?

Are you coming to the Fastlane Summit...where there will be the exact people you are searching for?

I spent the last two years going to entrepreneur and business events. I've MOVED several times to be around like-minded people. Surrounding myself with the right people has completely changed my world.

I'm almost never lonely, but I used to be. Change your world. Move. Get up, and attend events. Put it on a credit card if you have to, trust me, it's worth it.

Last edited:

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
In my opinion lonliness is related to not being happy, if I'm happy (what I am while working on my business) thoughts of lonliness, just because I'm on my own most of the time, don't even occur.

that's so true!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Man I needed to read this! Been dwelling on this for the past week because now I even feel disconnected from my friends in Argentina as well. They have no goal, they just exist. Now, like some people said, there is also some judgement in there,

but this might not be the case 100% of the time, I think the answer I identify more with is:

Between mediocrity and success is a lonely place. You lose the 'comfort' of the first while still not having the results of the second

I believe it's not so much the craving of "being given" like-minded company but more like this feeling of craving some intellectual stimulation. I can accept my friends have no ambition, but I'm craving for some interactions that make me want to "keep up" with them on a success level. On a conversation level. That is what makes me feel lonely.

I really wanted to go to the Fastlane Summit but I won't be able to, I'm very disappointed with myself. But I need to take action and at least find some cool meetup around Chitown before I turn into Cubicle Girl.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

I'm just curious.

Ha, Mom (college math professor) raised me to be special.

Home schooled me from an early age, so I skipped junior high school and high school, and started college at 13, dropped out at 16.

That's the kind of "smarts" that makes one feel alone even in a crowded room.

My intellectual skills were match only by the poverty of my social skills. This was remedied by when I started selling and began my own businesses.

In college, I learned that I would not learn in classes what I needed to learn to accomplish my goals.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Sounds like there is an unmet need here. I wonder if there is a way to provide a product/service to meet that need?

Is there a barrier to entry here? A way to control the product/service offering? A way to scale it and free it from the provider's time limitations???

(Here's my answer to all those posts I've read with folks asking for business ideas to try.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.