The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm Hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MendeGames

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 26, 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
Hated isn't my actual name but lots of people here already hate me because I posted my website that I thought could be useful. That thread turned into a huge troll/flame thread, so I'm giving up that business. Nice to see such a supportive community, so glad to have joined.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
Hey MendeGames, I saw your earlier thread, it was a pretty big disaster but I hope that you understand why. Have you read MJ's book yet? If you haven't I recommend you check it out. MJ talks a little about people who don't have any business experience trying to teach business, I'm guessing people ripped you apart because you were a perfect example of what MJ was talking about.

Apart from that, welcome to the forum. I suggest you keep your head down for a little bit and just read what you can and try your hand at starting a business of some sort, preferably one that you have the knowledge to run and can back it up if necessary. Other than that, I wish you luck man, we all gotta start somewhere and it's unfortunate that your start was so public.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Dude, come on now. Be an adult.

I don't know what other thread you are talking about so this is the first I'm seeing you but already you are off to a bad start.

What was your purpose with this thread? To start a pity party? Piss people off? Prove that you are oppressed? Get real.

First of all, if what you are saying is true, then you did a huge no-no (on any forum) and introduced yourself with a self promotion. Where on the web is that ever considered a good idea?

Here's what an adult would have done:

1. Start a new thread
2. Apologize for rushing into self promotion, and that you were only trying to help
3. Let us know a bit about you, your history, and your plans for the future
4. Post/reply around a bit so we actually get to know you, maybe do a progress thread.
5. Ask the moderators if it's okay to post your url, maybe in your progress thread, and make sure it's a naked link, not some affiliate nonsense or promotional garbage or an attempt to gain customers from this forum (not saying people won't buy into your idea, but it needs to have value and you should never post in the hopes of acquiring people from here).

So go grab a mop, clean up your tears, regroup, and join us like an adult. Become part of the community and let us help each other make a better life for ourselves.

Leave that "poor, poor me" nonsense at the door.

G

GuestUser113

Awwww. I missed out on your other thread. But just for shits and giggles.

3EHo0eH.gif

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Hated isn't my actual name but lots of people here already hate me because I posted my website that I thought could be useful. That thread turned into a huge troll/flame thread, so I'm giving up that business. Nice to see such a supportive community, so glad to have joined.
922943.jpg

edit: adding a link to the image instead of uploading it like a noob :(

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I respect that you didn't just bounce. I can tell you were truly trying to add value with your last post, but you had a long ways to go.
That and this thread were both harsh. A lot of people piggyback on hate on this forum, so I get ya. It's one of the reasons I don't like this forum.
You aren't one of those guys that comes on here and just takes, so I'll give you that.
Try to separate the hate and look at the comments as feedback. Use it to get better.

anyone have a link to his previous thread?
He took it down. He had three blog posts on how to start a business, but it was pretty clear he wasn't someone that should be teaching that subject (at least on this forum). Might work on Warrior Forum since they buy that stuff all the time.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
True story:

My son was in middle school, when I decided to coach his football team.

At that age, they actually had a coaches draft to start the season. Everything was stacked against us as the new kids, and the good ol' boys actually were laughing at the end of the draft because we ended up with the majority of the misfits, the underdogs, and the little kids along with the first time players.

Enter practice.

The first thing I did was cut snack time. It was football, not cub scouts.

We also agreed as a team that we would not accept a trophy at the end of the season unless we won the championship.

A flurry of hate email and contacting the league office ensued.

Then, I had a practice where I taught the kids to stay low while seeing what they hit. How? I brought in an axe handle and a chainsaw and held it at chest height over their heads. If they were to fire out too high, or keep their heads up, they would have run right into the chainsaw or axe handle depending on which station they were at.

And... another round of hate email and contacting the league office ensued.

But you know that's not the end of the story.

The team went on to be the first undefeated team in the history of the school. We took a group of ragamuffins, and made them undefeated champions. It was a dream season that the kids will never forget. We beat all of the coaches that laughed at our team of misfits in the draft, as well as all of the powerhouse neighborhood school programs.

I am still in touch with many of the kids through the years.

Epilogue : We were asked not to come back the following year, due to the volume of parent complaints, and the fact that we didn't follow the system. Story of my life, and I was totally OK with it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

On the bright side, if you give up a business based solely on a few anonymous strangers on an internet forum, it was not a business worth pursuing. Toughen up, kid. The world doesn't owe you a participation trophy.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
That thread turned into a huge troll/flame thread, so I'm giving up that business.

Man, those entrepreneurship classes you were pitching must have contained some very valuable information if eight posts on a forum could make you give up any ambition of profiting from them.

Even Steven

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Then, I had a practice where I taught the kids to stay low while seeing what they hit. How? I brought in an axe handle and a chainsaw and held it at chest height over their heads. If they were to fire out too high, or keep their heads up, they would have run right into the chainsaw or axe handle depending on which station they were at.

I was with you until this part. Honestly, I would have complained about that, too (assuming there was an axe head attached to the axe handle and that the chainsaw had a chain on it).

Reminds me of that part in Dodgeball: "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
True story:

My son was in middle school, when I decided to coach his football team.

At that age, they actually had a coaches draft to start the season. Everything was stacked against us as the new kids, and the good ol' boys actually were laughing at the end of the draft because we ended up with the majority of the misfits, the underdogs, and the little kids along with the first time players.

Enter practice.

The first thing I did was cut snack time. It was football, not cub scouts.

We also agreed as a team that we would not accept a trophy at the end of the season unless we won the championship.

A flurry of hate email and contacting the league office ensued.

And... another round of hate email and contacting the league office ensued.

But you know that's not the end of the story.

The team went on to be the first undefeated team in the history of the school. We took a group of ragamuffins, and made them undefeated champions. It was a dream season that the kids will never forget. We beat all of the coaches that laughed at our team of misfits in the draft, as well as all of the powerhouse neighborhood school programs.

I am still in touch with many of the kids through the years.

Epilogue : We were asked not to come back the following year, due to the volume of parent complaints, and the fact that we didn't follow the system. Story of my life, and I was totally OK with it.

Interesting, I was just writing about the use of storytelling for the purpose of writing better book blurbs.

You use it to prove a point, and it seems to fit all the same.

Do you do this with your product descriptions as well?

At least there are some lessons to take away from this thread.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The chainsaw had a chain guard on it, and the axe handle had no axe on it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The next week, when we faced the biggest challenge of the season, all we had to do was remind the kids "Chainsaw and Axe Handle."

They won the game by a couple of touchdowns.

The OP hopefully will remember several of the things he learned with his OP and first thread... and later, when he needs them, he will remember from a simple trigger.

And hopefully... he wins the game of life by a few scores.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
I didn't see your original post, but I took a lot of crap when I first joined the forums. Most of the people here are very friendly, but many get annoyed when they think someone is just chasing money without doing any real work. I disagree with attacking others, but to each his own. There is plenty of great information on this site. Sift through the piles of crap and find the information that will help you get ahead.

Also some of the users were such D-Bags in my first post that I still dislike them, but most people here aren't like that.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Hated isn't my actual name but lots of people here already hate me because I posted my website that I thought could be useful. That thread turned into a huge troll/flame thread, so I'm giving up that business.

Are you serious, man? A bunch of strangers that you've never met rubbed you the wrong way so you decided to give up on your biz?

I don't typically like to be the dream crusher, but if you're going to give up that easily then you may want to think very hard whether or not creating a biz is a viable option for you. This stuff isn't a game. We've all had stressed out moments when we were trying to figure out how to drive more sales, offer more products, deal with unusual problems, etc.

Don't call yourself hated. I don't hate you. One of the mods here actually took time to write a lengthy post to you here. He wouldn't do that if he hated you.

Don't put yourself down or else you'll end up giving up on every biz at the first major obstacle. Again, you are not hated.

Roll up your sleeves, put in some elbow grease and time into your craft. Then you'll do just fine.

Last edited:

Even Steven

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
In all seriousness, @MendeGames, responding to criticism (whether you feel it's justified or not) with complaints and sarcasm is going to attract hostile response. Always. I'm not sure what else you would expect.

Your choice now is 1) more complaints and sarcasm 2) try to understand why you got the response you did and see what you could do differently.

Choice #1 will keep you where you're at. Choice #2 will cause you to move forward.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Thing is, if you would have stuck to your guns, showed why this will work, and not thrown a bitch fit, you probably would've gotten a ton of respect on this forum.

No one likes a whiner, bro.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Hi, my name is Hated and I'm a pussy.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Hi, my name is Hated am I'm a pussy.
I usually find posts like yours to be too much. But when you do, for some weird reason, I think it's hilarious. I have no idea why.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]
.......the blunteness i guess ....same here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.