The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey Everyone

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Hey everybody! I'm very excited to be here and joining this community.

I'm 23 years old, living in the North Bay, California. I have a bachelor's degree in economics and I'm starting a 1-year master's program in accountancy this September. I'm currently a financial analyst intern (it's paid, thankfully) at a large tech firm in my area. Clearly, I've been heading down the slow lane for quite a while now.

It didn't take long for me to realize that working 9-5 in a cubicle is absolutely not how I want to spend the rest of my life, despite the competitive salary and secure job. The company I'm working for has very high retention (average employee has been there for 20+ years), so it's very easy to see where I'll be in 20-30 years if I continue down my current path. Needless to say, I want to be somewhere else at middle age.

I actually stumbled upon TMF while spending downtime at work trying to find ways to GTFO of that future. I'm still in the early chapters, but it's a light read and I'm eager to learn what the next steps are.

I've spent several hours browsing the forums here (I've had very low productivity at work this last week and a half...) but without much direction. I've read through a few eCommerce AMAs and have bookmarked the Gold threads by @(zen*******) , @JackEdwards , @IceCreamKid , and @JasonR as must-read threads that I'll be tacking this weekend if not sooner.

I have ZERO experience in running a business, and the closest anyone in my family has gotten to a business is my father used to work in my grandfather's liquor store when he was a boy. This means I get to learn this all on my own, without anybody holding my hand. This is a far more empowering feeling than I could have imagined.

Old me would have grabbed onto that hand without thinking twice. New me realizes that the goal is financial independence, and that can't be achieved if you need to be given all of the steps to succeed.

I'll end my introduction here - this has already gotten far too long! It's a pleasure to be here, and I'm excited about all of the doors that I've just opened for myself, as well as the many more I'm going to find through this community :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...