The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here I Am SUMMIT MEET UP!

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California
What’s up everybody!

My name is Ryan and I’m reintroducing myself before I meet everyone at the meet up!

A little about myself, 21 years old college student going to Sacramento State, studying electrical engineering, with one more year left (I can’t wait until I’m done! I’m going to school because it is paid for and I want to get into the industry). I read TFM my senior year of highschool and have been on the forum every since.

I’ve not posted much on the forum but has always been actively spectating for the last 3 years. I tried diving into the fastlane through different ventures but have failed a bunch of times. I got discouraged and felt like I was not worthy of posting on the forum, which is why I haven’t posted in so long…

Also going through other life problems (losing a family member, girlfriend, motivation) I felt lost/confused about my life and had negative thoughts filled up in my mind.

Even through the failures I’ve learned a lot about amazon and eBay. I did over 7k in revenue through eBay and amazon sales but the younger me was not smart about the money I was making. Every failure taught a ton of lessons that I would not have learned if I did not take any action.

Currently I am starting another business that I will work on consistently for a year minimum to see where it will take me. Hopefully I’ll get to discuss it with other members at the meet up.

I wanted to go to the meet up last year but it was not financially possible. I told myself I would make it the next meet up, and here I am! I’m skipping some of my classes since I’m flying in Thursday and leaving Monday but I’m sure it will be worth it.

I am a little nervous traveling by myself and not knowing anyone from the forum personally, but I’m sure after the meetup this feeling will change.

TL;DR

Beyond excited to meet forum members that has contributed to shaping my mind state and perception on what is possible. Especially MJ DeMarco who allowed me to believe about the fastlane back in high school.

See y'all soon :rockon:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eldi4n

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Dec 12, 2015
Italy
Hello nayR

First of all, let me say congratulations for all of your tries, still miles ahead of me, and you are younger than mine!
I think you have learned a lot, and this is gold.

about that:

Also going through other life problems (losing a family member, girlfriend, motivation) I felt lost/confused about my life and had negative thoughts filled up in my mind.

I have experienced the same thing you did, and i know the struggle.
I can tell you how i used to take advance of those things: grow faster and grow stronger. When you experience things like that (especially the loss of a family member, closer or not) you have to try to see the bright faces of the diamond that is life. Take it as a lesson and take it like it is, something you can't change, that worked for me, i used it to become more "present", more conscious and less compliant about my life and my passions.
Was not a short walk, but a long and hard one, I found help on my Family and Friends, on sport or books and even on meditation.
This is a never ending path, strive everyday, a step a time to become better and better.
We are young, take advantage of that!
This is just my thought, and i don't pretend to be a wise man.

Sorry if that would be a little emotional, just found a similar situation and i thought my post could help a little.
Also, my english is bad, sorry for that, i'm working on it :)

I wish you will have a nice meetup, and maybe share your experience after That, if you want off course.

Best wishes pal! :tiphat:

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California
Hey @Eldi4n

I appreciate your kind words. It's interesting to hearing from another person's perspective.

Take it as a lesson and take it like it is, something you can't change, that worked for me, i used it to become more "present", more conscious and less compliant about my life and my passions.

That is exactly how I am starting to view it. After everything happened, you realize how valuable life is and not to waste any of your time on this planet. Everyone's time will run out and anything can happen at any moment, so make use if it while you can. No worries about pretending to be a wise men. You are talking about your own experience so brace that inner wisdom!

You're English is great! I have a lot of friends from college from different countries. I know it's difficult to learn another language, so I admire you for that! Keep it up man.

I would love to share my experience with everyone. I plan to make a video of my trip and what I take away from it.

I hope the best for you and everything you aim to achieve.

Maybe you'll be able to attend next year summit meet up ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...