The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello!

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself to the community. My story isn't particularly interesting; it's a standard slowlane story. My parents weren't very rich, but they weren't very poor. They were able to provide for my brother and me, send us to private schools, and even help us through college. After college, I started the career path. Nothing special.

It wasn't until a few years in that I realized how boring and dissatisfying this path is for me. Most of the work isn't interesting, and using newer (and exciting) technology is looked down upon for the usual slew of reasons. About 3 years ago, I realized I didn't want to spend my life as an engineer, nor was I looking to climb the corporate ladder. It wasn't until this year, however, that a few things clicked to me. There were 2 books that served as a catalyst for this, Your Money or Your Life and The Lean Startup. The first book showed me an alternative path in life, and the second book gave me some insight on how to actually run and launch a startup. I had purchased MJ's book a few months ago on the recommendation of some I look up to, but it wasn't until I read those 2 books that I decided to read it. I'm happy I did.

I haven't finished it yet, since it causes a powerful emotional reaction in me, but I am glad to have read it. While I've heard the material in it before, the way in which is was presented made a lot more sense to me than the other people who said the same thing. So, now I find myself here. I still consider myself in "learning mode" as I am only 2 months into this journey. I also can't give my all to it, as I need to support my family, but this has replaced video games for me as my activity of choice when the kidlings go to bed at night.

I thank you for reading, and I look forward to learning (and doing) as much as I can with all of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Etienne

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2015
I instantly recognized myself in your story. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...