The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! Intro and Progress Thread

walterwhite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 26, 2015
Hi all, just signed up for the forum although I've lurked a lot in the past. A little background about me. I'm an engineer and at the beginning of my career I read a lot about saving all the money I could for 30 years so I could retire and then enjoy life. As I gained in experience and salary over the last 10 years I became more and more frustrated with big corporate work and started looking for a way out.

Fortunately, I was introduced to the book in December of 2013.

Began working on an ecommerce business where I resold products on ebay and my own website in July 2014.

By Winter 2014 I had left my job and worked on the business full time. Frustration quickly set in with pitiful margins, at times as low as 3% or even negative when all costs were accounted for! I realized that this was NOT Fastlane at all, and I am essentially acting as an "employee" for the brands I sell. Decision was made to sell only my own products.

That brings us to today. I have been tapering off my existing business with OPP (other people's products).

Jan 2nd I began working on my own product, which I'll call Product A. It has very broad appeal with a potential market in the 100k unit range. The key to the product is that it is essentially "one size fits all" which takes the volumes from low 1k units to 100k units. In my prior business I dealt with fitment issues all the time and realized I could never sell 10k of the same item because the demand just wouldn't be there.

My goals are as follows:

Feb 26th-March 15th - Continue to work with manufacturers on quotes, packaging, etc
March 15th- 1st sample of product created
March 15th-April 15th - Complete all product testing, nail down final details
April 15th - Product Launch
May 15th - Reach goal of selling 100 units (will do targeted ads, SEO, etc to get the needed traffic)
July 1st - Launch second gen improved product (costs are a hurdle to bring this improved product to market first)

Will update as I go along! Hope this post serves to keep me accountable, and gives a little motivation for others on the journey!

I will be at the Fastlane Meetup in March and hope to see some of you there!

-WalterWhite

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro. Anyone who steps away from a great job such as engineering has definitely committed to entrepreneurship. Congrats.

in March and hope to see some of you there!

Are you going as a guest or with a friend? I don't have you listed on the ticket list.

walterwhite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 26, 2015
To be honest, a few google searches is all it took me to find the right manufacturers for what I am making. Then peppering them with phone calls to get them to respond. It's funny how at times you have to chase people down to give them your money! Hard to believe but that's how a lot of people operate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...