The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Australia

Lucifer911

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 14, 2015
Hi guys,

My name is Ryan from Australia. I have ended up here hoping to find answers to problems I have not solved. I had a background in network marketing (MLM) and my tactics involved spending way too much in advertising fees to get leads. I am a fairly introverted guy so I did rely on spending money on ads which resulted in a failed business plan. I am well acquainted with Robert Kiyosaki books and really enjoyed the write up about MLM in the TMF .

I have come across top MLMers and have always noticed they sell self help books as their core part of business which seems to make up most of their income. I have moved on from MLM as a distributor and have played poker part time in the last 7 years.

I hope to be able to write a book, learn foreign currency trading and build a software program.
I have paid for an INSIDERS membership - I'm not sure when I will be able to access it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hanalore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 18, 2015
Pacific NW
Hi Ryan, from Australia. You want answers, I get that…

First, it sounds like you are assessing that your business plan failed because of these problems:
  1. I had a background in network marketing (MLM)
  2. my tactics involved spending way too much in advertising fees to get leads
  3. I am a fairly introverted guy
  4. I did rely on spending money on ads

Next, your current possible solutions:
  1. I am well acquainted with Robert Kiyosaki books and really enjoyed the write up about MLM in the TMF .
  2. I have come across top MLMers and have always noticed they sell self help books as their core part of business which seems to make up most of their income.
  3. I have moved on from MLM as a distributor and have played poker part time in the last 7 years.

Finally, your own assessment of your skills/interests are:
  1. I hope to be able to write a book
  2. I hope to be able to learn foreign currency trading
  3. I hope to be able to build a software program.
  4. I have paid for an INSIDERS membership.

Well, here is my advice, if I may be so bold…
  1. If you want to read a good book with helpful insights to your “problems” read MJ’s book The Millionaire Fastlane .
  2. Look at your list of skills/interests, which I’m sure are more than you’ve mentioned. Why do you keep revisiting the MLM idea? There seems to be other options for you, just look at your 1, 2, and 3.

Lucifer911

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 14, 2015
Hi Ryan, from Australia. You want answers, I get that…

Well, here is my advice, if I may be so bold…
  1. If you want to read a good book with helpful insights to your “problems” read MJ’s book The Millionaire Fastlane .
  2. Look at your list of skills/interests, which I’m sure are more than you’ve mentioned. Why do you keep revisiting the MLM idea? There seems to be other options for you, just look at your 1, 2, and 3.

Hi Hanalore,
I have read TMF and enjoy the book thoroughly. I mentioned MLM not because I live in the past but to give you a background of what I have done to create passive income and failed in the process. I probably wouldn't have discovered this website if I didn't engage in MLM and I wanted to give members some background on me as an introduction. I have no intention to pursue MLM as a distributor.

My focus now is learning how to self publish a book.
I will ask questions on that in a new post.

Thanks for the information :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...