The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone!

GabrielsMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 19, 2015
How's it going? My name is Gabriel, I'm 23, live in New Hampshire and wanted to join this forum for the support of positive, motivated people, which seems to be an oddity in the group I surround myself with. The reason I've surrounded myself with such negative and pessimistic people is, I believe, from the simple fact of not knowing that I could be just about anywhere in life, thinking that my job that I hate, is the last resort and I'm just going to continue living from paycheck to paycheck and still falling behind. After being introduced to a book last summer, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker, from my only positive friend I came to some important realizations. What blew me away was that just about everything he said in his book seemed to be common knowledge that could only be put into perspective from an outsider looking at your life. It seemed so rational I don't know how I didn't see the destructiveness I was causing in my own life and happiness until I really started to assess myself and my mindset. I realized it was just that - your mindset - that gave you the discipline and ability to control your success and happiness. After I became aware of what I needed to change I felt a surge of excitement, mainly for opportunities I never knew were there and the possibility of living a happy, comfortable life. That was last summer and I'm not going to lie, with working construction everyday (keeping me pretty busy) and my constantly building of unhealthy relationships - even though I knew what I needed to get away from - I found myself back in the same position I was before I read the book. The reason I think, is because I was afraid of the necessary changes to get away from the negative. Until about December 2014 when I started taking actionable steps to improve my life. Now that was only three months ago so I'm still in the process of switching over to the right mindset, but I'm definitely not giving up. I guess what i really came here for was for guidance. I don't really have any skills outside of my current job and I don't see myself becoming wealthy working for somebody at a low hourly rate. So is there any kind of business that I could start on my own in my own time without a degree or quitting my job right away, cuz I definitely don't want to be broke or doing construction much longer. I'm just not sure where to start because I've never wanted to get ahead in any aspect of my life until now. With all of that said I'm a great listener so I'll let you guys comment and let me know if you think I'm on the right path or not, I love getting advice. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard. As a suggestion, read the book this forum is based on. If you enjoyed SOTMM, TMF will blow your mind.

So is there any kind of business that I could start on my own in my own time without a degree or quitting my job right away, cuz I definitely don't want to be broke or doing construction much longer.

Search this board for Craigslist hustling.

And lose the idea that you need a college degree to do something... if you have something I want, I'm not going to inquire about your degree, or lack thereof.

GabrielsMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for the welcome and I will definitely check out the book. I know I don't need a degree to create income I just wanted to explore something other than craigslist hustling, but I'm not shutting that option down, I will definitely look at some craigslist hustling posts. Thanks again for your response MJ!

Empire

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 27, 2015
Hi Gabriel,

I just re-joined here myself just an hour ago. I totally understand where you are coming from....I grew up around negative "slowlaners".
If you are thinking of trying something new then maybe look into self-publishing on Kindle. That is what I am focusing on this year. Or, if you have an interest or hobby then maybe you could create a blog around that subject and then sell products related to it.....maybe even review those products.
I have a couple Amazon review sites and they do ok on their own now.

GabrielsMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 19, 2015
Empire,
I know you can't see me but I have a smile on my face. I'm just glad that people on this site just want to help and be supportive and it feels good to hear positive feedback. I do like the idea of a kindle project I am fairly creative and that sounds like it could be in my ballpark. About the blog though, how would I go about setting that up?

GabrielsMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 19, 2015
Also can you give me a link to the products you review? And do you get paid per review?

Empire

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 27, 2015
Empire,
I know you can't see me but I have a smile on my face. I'm just glad that people on this site just want to help and be supportive and it feels good to hear positive feedback. I do like the idea of a kindle project I am fairly creative and that sounds like it could be in my ballpark. About the blog though, how would I go about setting that up?

Regarding a blog what you would do is create a website using the Wordpress.org platform. If you have never created a site before it will take some learning but is not difficult at all.

Your site will be focused on a particular niche such as fitness for students or cycling or whatever you are interested in. You will write posts on your site and try to grow a social network via media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. At first you will just focus on content just to gain dome traction in Google but in time you will be able to monotize your site by doing the odd product review related to your subject.

So if your blog was about cycling you would review the latest cycle electronics or cycling gear, etc. Then in that review you will add a link to that product in Amazon.

Of course, creating review sites is more involved than this but you get the jist. There are a ton of Amazon review site courses online if you wanted to learn or you could just use Google to research it yourself. It takes time to make money but it is all very doable.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome. Read TMF as MJ suggests and immerse yourself in the forum. Read the gold posts, especially icecreamkid's one. Also listen to vigilante's podcast. Good luck. Sounds like you're on the right track realising it's mindset led.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...