The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone, good to finally post

AZDC

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 19, 2014
Arizona
I was reading: The Millionaire Fastlane and was excited to post right away but I felt like I shouldn't until I've finished the book. It took a few weeks but I'm here.

About me:
I'm a Chiropractor, native to AZ.
Newly single, no kids. Basically didn't feel like my gf of the last 10 years was on the same page as me.
Needless to say it wasn't easy and hey yeah it sucked but if you don't have the same dreams what's the point.

A big issue is student debt but I'm not paying yet.
Other then that I don't have any debt. No credit card debt, no other loans. Car is paid for..old but paid for lol.

I have always felt like working a 9-5 wasn't for me.
When I was younger I went to school primarily because I felt like it was about the only thing I could do and it made my mom happy. I'm a first generation college grad - "Education is the answer to all!"

One of my biggest moments of elation was graduating with my bachelors, "I finally did it"...despite by this time sort of realizing that there weren't a lot of jobs that appealed to me so I thought I needed more education.

Even so right after graduation I tried odd jobs for a biology major...like insurance sales. Why? Because I was attracted to "working for myself" "setting my own hours" and seeing new places. Reality hit me in the face that selling insurance pretty much sucks because you're a slave to the company. Damn it, a slave just like an MD is to the hospital. Just like a Optometrist is to lenscrafters. What is the way out?

Ran across a friend who suggested Chiropractic. I researched it and I liked it. I'd learn to be an expert in keeping myself healthy. I'd take care of problems not just throw drugs at them (I sold long term care insurance and saw first hand people with a terrible lifestyles and a shoebox of medications as a consequence), and I could be my own boss. Sweet deal.

So I went this route and obviously completed it.
It wasn't easy and along the way I questioned a lot of it.
I ran across Rich Dad Poor Dad and ... I freaking teared up because I felt like someone got me.
"Figure out a way to make a system that people want to be apart of"
"Make real investments"
"Make your money work for you"

I started looking at chiropractic systems and since I had no experience with chiropractic prior to chiropractic school I saw that a lot of these systems sucked from a patient's point of view.
I see chiropractors who prey on young chiropractors.
I see people fail because they have no foundation.
I see people who view a 'win' as having your own practice and working as a chiropractor for "the love of it" the rest of their life... I see micro-managers who tied themselves into their practice forever.

But while I was there I also saw a saavy chiro... who taught at the school for a freshman course.
He recruits students into his 'coaching for students' charges them for it.
Then he grooms those who stick around to be in one of his offices.
Then he sells the practice to them after they get established...
He frankly said that "a win in chiropractic is selling a successful practice"
Now he coaches and he's become 'a life coach' to no doubt expand his territory.

I respect him for what he's done. However I feel a bit more humanitarian then he is.
His clinics are set up for the moderately well off.

So I wanted to see other ways to practice.
I got a taste of "expensive chiro care" while I worked for a doctor in a nice area. He sold thousand dollar plans. Then I wanted to see the other side of the spectrum and that brings me to where I am now.

I work for the largest franchise of chiro clinics in the US
I also work at one of the busiest clinics in the nation.
So needless to say I've gotten some insight into what makes this franchise tick and also it's short comings.

There are principles of a system I want to make:
1) Cash practice - insurance is terrible and all it leads to is more overhead and human resources
2) As paperless as possible
3) Digital X-rays
4) Low overhead/office space
And that's about it right now lol

Those things are as much doctor I'd hire as it is patient oriented.
1) No insurance means less time doing paper work, filing claims and all the other bs. Want care? Pay and be on your way.
2) This one is complex as the chiro software is expensive and it sucks - I want to make my own software. Day to day notes and customization ability. And most chiro software is set up to make billing easier which I said I have no interest in.
3) The place I work doesn't do films and from my experience it's a vital component to patient education and compliance with care. Plus films take a minute to shoot and are a source of income.
4) If I'm to franchise I want it to outgrow the office space

Other aspects that I think could help is setting up a virtual vitamin shop which is exclusive to members of my system. Customized to their specific conditions and concerns. There are doctors that have great nutritional protocols but they don't automatize it.. aka the patient has to come in the office to get their vitamins.

So basically if you can't tell my idea of wealth acceleration is based on creating a chiropractic system.
There are things along the way that I'm not sure I can do on my own.
Chiro websites are expensive and if they are not they are ugly - so I want to learn how to do that
Chiro software is ugly and expensive - I want to learn how to make my own
A thing that can be sold beyond my franchise would be software if it comes along nicely.

Marketing... eeek I don't see myself as the boots on the ground guy.
I've done door to door knocking and it sucks - I'd rather hire people to do it for me.

There is still so much I have to learn and it seems it's so far away.

The pickles in life..
Right now I voluntarily work 4 days a week. I could work more but I don't want to because I feel like I need more time to think and read. I want free time to learn how to code, etc.
The consequence of that is I make less money and can't save fast enough to open on my own.

A chiro I know said a small place with x-ray was about 40k to start and that's not even digital and not even counting other stuff.
I could get another job but I'd still be like 2 years away from saving that sort of money.
As we speak I've only been saving like 1000 a month and I live in a studio lol and that's without paying on my loans.
So obviously this isn't going to work as I don't want to wait 3 years.

I feel like I should be further along. I feel a fire of untapped potential within myself.
But all I see is debt and time everywhere I look.

It makes me contemplate switching careers.
But then I think... what are my passions?
My answer is self improvement - way to be focused on others >_>
My other is free time and freedom from debt.
Learning. Opening up people to new paradigms.

I know I haven't really asked any real questions but I just want brilliant people to infuse me with their ideas about my situation so that perhaps I can come across the right road map. I am not at all against working hard to get somewhere I want.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. Nice to see another Arizonian, they're starting to pile up! :)

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
I ran across Rich Dad Poor Dad and ... I freaking teared up because I felt like someone got me.
"Figure out a way to make a system that people want to be apart of"
"Make real investments"
"Make your money work for you"

I felt the exact same way! I'm reading TMF right now and finished 1/3 of the book so far. Wont comment on it yet though.

Sorry to hear about your gf but hey, you seem like the one who dare to take a risk, and not any stupid risk but a risk you already figured out how to tackle (you said you had different dreams).

AZDC

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 19, 2014
Arizona
I felt the exact same way! I'm reading TMF right now and finished 1/3 of the book so far. Wont comment on it yet though.

Sorry to hear about your gf but hey, you seem like the one who dare to take a risk, and not any stupid risk but a risk you already figured out how to tackle (you said you had different dreams).

Thanks,
I have spent a lot of time reading about personality to figure out what went wrong with us
Pretty much she was about taking risk and learning to deal with consequences by saying 'oh well' while I'm a think before you jump person.
She is also more traditional in her mindset - family, 9-5 pay the bills, work 5 days a week and have fun on the weekend person.
She seems content 'doing something she loves' forever and no matter what my attempts she could never see my point of view and wasn't very supportive of me or my process.

So yes, different philosophies on life and happiness.
Different aspirations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AZDC

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 19, 2014
Arizona
Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. Nice to see another Arizonian, they're starting to pile up! :)

If I was a girl I'd squeal because you responded to my intro first.
Love the book.

Also is there a place in AZ where people on this forum meet?
That'd be quite cool.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.